Enchanter... what is your primary role on raids?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Maxxbuff1, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Reval Augur

Sheex, unless you have a manastone, you're just making a fool of yourself with these absurd statements.

[IMG]
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I do have one, sir. Am I hedonism-bot approved?!?
  3. Reval Augur

4. Kongfoo Elder

Our Enchanters only get cc as their primary role on Hate trash clears and Stem the Tide. On events other that that, they are primarily a dps class. Sure, they get adps too, but so does just about every dps class. Wizards for example are one of the best adps for burn fights and they are supposed to be a dps class. Rangers can mgb auspice and boost the dps of the whole raid. There are many other examples I could do. Now, with that being said, why should Enchanter dps be so far behind the dps classes when their primary role is dps? Maybe with the new changes to dots coming, Enchanters can get a nice boost.
  5. Blurred_Memories Augur

ok... so now let's take a closer look at your "maths" in the thread starter here...
    So after reading all this garbage, I found myself wondering what exactly your point was... does he want MORE dps? Does he want more required cc? Does he want more utility? does he want to tank raid mobs? is he just stirring the pot and trying to troll us? what exactly DOES he want?

then i noticed the answer to my question i'd somehow missed in the very last paragraph...

freakin tr*lls....
    Leex likes this.
  6. Lily Augur

Sorry, I just have to say it...rolling is a verb. :p
  7. Reval Augur

Let's get this back on track. I believe I laid out our role on raids in a previous thread.

EnchBB likes this.
  8. KaoK Lorekeeper

Since you necro rezzed this...

Hey... remember that time you said they knew what we were capable of and nothing in this thread was worthy of nerfing?

/wave Mind Storm, May 2016
  9. KaoK Lorekeeper

I feel like I'm reading Dandin posts again.
  10. Reval Augur

Good thing they didn't find out about that other thing that makes enchanters super powerful: an abundance of easily obtainable heroic charisma. Keep smiling the mobs to death.
    Sancus likes this.
  11. Lily Augur

Now you did it! Thanks a lot.
  12. Fian Augur

I am way behind the times, but my understanding is that an enchanters primarily benefit to a group or raid was boosting the entire offense of the group. So in theory, adding an enchanter to a group would boost the group dps more than adding another wizard. Even without lots of cc content. That makes raids willing to have more than 1 enchanter in a raid. It seems like the OP wants his personal DPS boosted so that he shows up better in raid parses. If we effectively already out-dps a wizard by our group buffing abilities, why do we need a boost to personal dps in a raid?
    Leex likes this.
  13. Brohg Augur

Not just wizards, and not even just other primary casters (mag, nec). Enchanter ADPS support is actually pretty haxy even for rangers, beastlords, paladins and shadowknights. More than just 1-3 for "caster groups", I'd happily slosh between 3-5 enc in a raid if they're all good.
  14. Sindaiann Augur

Problem becomes finding 3-5 ish that are good and can really push their own dps as well.

Primary role = booze
    Brohg likes this.
  15. EnchFWO Augur

Consistent ADPS depends on a reliable source of booze at almost all times. Proven fact.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  16. Narye Augur

4 pages?? This got to FOUR PAGES??
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I know...it's a travesty, right? It had such potential.

In our defense, it does look like some oderationmay orumfay might have taken place, as it looks like some of the better posts, as our good friend Mr. James McGill, Esq., might say, went to Belize.
  18. Sindaiann Augur

Awesome show. Better Call Saul
  19. EnchFWO Augur

I think we all know by now that 90% of posts about Enchanter "stuff" are troll posts and that the rest of the Enchanters just happen to be in Illusion: Troll form at the time of reading said post so yes... four pages.

Enchanter posts result in one of the following:
    -Flame war & locked thread
    -Talking about Ench club and nerfing ourselves
    -Derailing into a Reval Crystal thread and PvP
    -Honest new Enchanter asking for help and then the OP running away screaming in tears
    -Something productive (that's the 1%)
    -Excessive drinking (that occurs in 100% of all of the above cases)
    RPoo, gotwar and Sirene_Fippy like this.
  20. Sindaiann Augur

You forgot this

-The inability to get along with others, especially other enchanters. WORLD WAR 10 (this is not me lol)
    EnchFWO likes this.