Staff Block change.

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Vannie, May 14, 2016.

1. Vannie Journeyman

I fail to see the reason for this. Right now we are in a sweet spot. Good at tanking trash, although unable to hold agro against anybody wanting to run a little burn (including dps mercs), and bad at tanking named mobs. We're not tanking like the plate tanks. Are we supposed to be unable to tank trash? As it is we are not good tanks. Warrior, SK, Pal, Mage, Enchanter, Ranger, Beastlord, and probably Necro all tank better then we do for a group. That basically puts us ahead of priests (maybe), our fellow melee, wizards (maybe) and bards. If they do anything in this regard it should be to elevate zerkers and rogues a little bit. I mean, they just gave knights a huge defensive boost and they already tanked better then almost anybody else. I just seems like a weird shift. What am I missing?
  2. mackal Augur

Well, they gained min dmg mods to h2h/1hb and I had more ranks of Punch Mastery to buy (which means new ranks), so I assume those went up too (haven't checked values on them yet, couldn't afford them all :()

And since they want to balance survivability and DPS, buff one, nerf the other :p
  3. Gumby Augur

Yeah, but they didn't actually buff DPS at all since they didn't touch the 2h DPS, which is still the highest weapons to use.

So it was just a straight nerf to survivability out of the blue without even bothering with some kind of reasoning.
  4. WonderBard New Member

Said this in the testing thread, the following should have been added since they were overdue and offset the nerf some. Added another after some testing showing that battle leap and lethality provide 42-45% hit mod always for Rogues and Berserkers.

-Monk - Increased the duration of Destructive Force and Focused Destructive force to 48 seconds.
    -Monk - Increased the power of Infusion of Thunder, Increase Min Hit Damaged boosted to 200% and Increase Hit Damage boosted to 190%.
    -Monk - Increased the Power of Zan Fi's Whistle XIX, Increase Hit Damage boosted to 42%.
  5. kyong Augur

About 18 months ago I shelved my max lvl/aa 100% raid geared monk for my rogue and in hind sight it was the best decision I could have made. Between the thunder foot "fix" and now this staff block change it just plain sucks.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It's kind of sad apparently we survive to well and dps too much, while having 2-4 melee classes ahead of us in both.
    HeatherPurrs and MrMajestykx like this.
  7. MrMajestykx Augur

PREACH!!!
  8. Triconix Augur

Out of sheer ignorance, what melee classes are surviving better than monks these days?

Warriors obviously is one. What are the othera? I know it's not zerkers as they're about as defensively stout as a wet napkin. I guess rogues as that's the only melee class left, unless you're referring to hybrids also.
  9. HeatherPurrs Augur

Rogues. They out DPS and are stouter. All the hybrids can, in their niche, out DPS and are always stouter. On trash why have a Monk mess with any of it? A SK can without a healer (he won't even want one), clear trash faster.
  10. Savager Augur

If your berserkers and rogues are out surviving your monks, your monks don't know how to play.
    Funk and Sheex like this.
  11. Kaliko Augur

Wow what guild are you in, are your monks really that bad? I literally have FD and Mend next to my mash key for survivability and even in group gear I could outdps sk's. Rogues kinda have decent survivability because they generate the least amount of aggro out of all dps classes and conditioned reflexes drops a massive amount of aggro if they were to get hit. Along with their fade working on virtually every boss and short reuse.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The wrong things in your post outnumber any semblance of right things by like a....7:1 ratio. Well done sir or ma'am.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  13. Triconix Augur

That's what I thought.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Off the top of my head, Warriors, Paladins, and. Shadow Knights out survive us.
    Rogues and Zerkers, also various hybrids at times out DPS us

I never intended to imply that there were that many did both better than us. I just meant that we are not the top of either.
  15. Triconix Augur

I wouldn't even consider tank classes as a part of the comparsion. Their job is to out survive you. That's the equivalent of a tank getting upset that monks out dps them.

Monk survivability is greater than rogues/zerkers, though. I wouldn't hate seeing monks get some boosts to dps. Let's say within 95-97% of rogues/zerkers on a consistent basis.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

95-97% is a bit too close imo. Imagine if Knights tanked 95-97% as well as Warriors....they'd be up in arms about jerbs being taken, no? Oh, wait....
    Triconix and sojero like this.
  17. Funk Augur

Nerfin just to nerf. There is absolutely no reason to mess with staff block...that's what we do! Stay alive and kick things!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  18. Triconix Augur

I see what you did there!

And for the record, I believe I said I was fine with knights being within that percentage. I'm just hoping warriors get some cool, new, flashy ability :(
    Sheex likes this.
  19. Triconix Augur

20. HeatherPurrs Augur

Yah know, That's all I was saying. Maxed FD will still fail and does. Rogues do not have this issue.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.