Stat Consolidation and You: May 2016 Patch Preview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xanathol Augur

I don't agree with the 'lump this & that together' thoughts - the idea isn't to have everything you want without thought but to have to choose. Choices make the game interesting whereas a lack of choices make it dull and boring.
    Xeladom, Lenowill and Orbital101 like this.
  2. Ullrick New Member

it all sounds great, ONE thing can we get a stand alone stat page and pull stat window out of Inventory window.. that would be awesome.
  3. Kohnn Elder

+1 to zunar's post... I would just like to see dex AND str be treated as melee stats
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Some of you need to make up your minds. Some want choices and others want the game tailored to the work they have done already - so they don't have to work and receive these upgrades.

People that chose HStr as their path must decide if attack score and damage tacked on to each hit is worth now switching to HDex and higher crit rate to gain increased combat effects and accuracy. Deal with it. :)

It's been a long time since we've had real choices to make in this game for stats. Not everyone can just have max everything - and I welcome it. Big time kudos to the Devs. I guess I have to take back my TBM group gear is still broken comments I've made recently. This was far better time spent.
    Geri_Petrovna and Xanathol like this.
  5. KaoK Lorekeeper

People act like the sky is falling about hSTR with these changes but a bazillion parses already demonstrated hSTR was rather useless. So, the people upset about hSTR not being 'so important' to them... um, well, if you didn't want to believe the parses PCs gave before... now the devs made it clear for you! Personally, I'd consider this a good thing. We got some more transparency... and while heroics are still kindof.... meh... in terms of actual effects, this change seems like one of the best to start to get critical about them.
    Gyurika Godofwar and RPoo like this.
  6. Naugrin Augur

While rangers did gain a lot of dps this expansion, our rogues and especially zerkers are doing quite fine. Since the mana burn nerf, I can't touch our zerks for the most part. Zerks probably top 90% of our events now (Don't even get me started on their ae capability). I will say however that well played and well supported melee are in the minority. If your zerks/rogues are not doing well, are they getting all necessary support and utilizing it optimally?
  7. Rainbowdash Augur

How does this stop us from doing that though? It's combining a stat that does one thing mostly uselessly (with an age old deprecated stat cap) and combines it into another stat that is only marginally useful.

I agree with what you're saying, but on the other hand Everquest has just insane amounts of numbers anymore. Like, i haven't played every game that's ever existed obviously, but of all the games I HAVE played (MMOs and regular RPGs all included) EQ has the most stats by a huge majority. The runner up game for most stats to keep track of probably doesn't even have 1/10th of EQ's stats. And probably half of them are useless.

I agree with your sentiment entirely. To make people choose what stats to get, spec in certain ones, build your class to be the best. But that doesn't change the fact that honestly this "we want you to feel like you stepped into a college math class and looked at the blackboard everytime you inspect one of our items" thing EQ does these days really needs to stop. Useless stats need to have a purpose or be purged and honestly some of them just need merged together. We could cut the number of stats we have currently in HALF and still have more than enough to make people pick/choose stat specs for class builds.
  8. Triconix Augur

Love the idea. Glad I made the switch from hdex to hagil during the tail end of TDS. Now I just have to convince my guild to go back to PoWar raid for the hagil aug :p.

The Hsta is tempting as a warrior now, but I'd much rather have avoidance than shielding. Hdex is possibly the worst stat of the three now, but time and parses will tell.
    As a tank, I think this opens up the options. Hsta is a legitimate option now. Which one will be best is up in the air, but it's looking like we have a choice of agil, dex, or stamina. I'm confused how more choice = lack of choices.

Priests and int casters will still go their routes of hwis/hint (necros, shams, encs excluded). Melee may have to convert from Hstr to Hdex, but can remain Hstr if they want. However, parses in the past showed Hstr as next to worthless so I'm not sure why melee would be so upset if they made the conscious decision to hinder their max potential previously.

This is one of the best changes I've seen in this game...ever.
    Dre. likes this.
  9. sojero One hit wonder

Interesting though came up in guild chat last night. Warriors(and pure melee) don't get much for HInt/Wis therefore they are not going to be able to get much for spell shielding or dot shielding. Wonder if this is intentional, or if they will start adding it in the future.
  10. RPoo Augur

I know that for most of us it took a long time to camp all of the augs we have but when I decided to camp a set of dex augs very recently just to do some parsing it only took a week to camp the best augs I could get short of raid augs, molo. I call BS that it will take others months or years if you really want something you'll put in the effort to get it done.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  11. Dzarn Developer

Wanted to confirm that items specifically created to tune the stats of NPCs (primarily summoned pets) are using a 1:1 scaling on the conversion of mod2s to hStats.

The primary impact of this special case is that the various Cloak(s) of Enhancement will give the exact same bonuses to player pets.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  12. Maxxbuff1 Elder

Yes, it is very raid unfriendly if more than 1-2 enchanters are on the raid.
  13. Triconix Augur

Your playtime is higher than lots of people (I've been in a guild with you). Take me for instance, if I play more than 5 hours a week outside of raids, it's a lot these days. I'll be lucky to get a single aug in that time frame. 15-20 aug and I'm looking at 4-5 months to acquire nearly a full set of augs if I continue playing the same amount as I do now. I've come across plenty of camps where it took me 10+ hours to get a single aug so it's not out of question to assume it could take a few months to get a whole new set of augs dating back several expansions.

And my want of something has no effect on my playtime. If I cannot physically devote 20+ hours a week of my time into playing a game, then the statement of "if you really want something you'll put in the effort to get it done" doesn't apply. There are things that I still really do want, but I'm not magically going to find free time in a week when there is no free time. I have priorities completely unrelated to EQ that require my attention.

Granted, I have the aug set that I want so I don't have to worry about regearing myself, but if I were rocking Hdex augs still, I'd very clearly want to navigate to Hagil augs. I'm just playing devil's advocate. Not everybody has the same life. To simply assume that we all have hours upon hours to devote to a video game is silly.
  14. KaoK Lorekeeper

Aren't you also the one who said previously you don't like to rush through content and enjoy that slow pace? ;) I don't think Renaii or yourself are the best metric of comparison for time investment and re-augging. Just sayin'!

If anything, they just gave people a reason to go do old content again or perhaps "new" for some if they want to pursue a new aug set. And lets be real... with TBM gear it's going to be much easier to "switch" to a new preferred stat. While obviously you'd also want slot 7/8s, most heroics aren't coming from those augs anymore.
  15. Triconix Augur

When I didn't have a full time job after college, I would blow through content within a week or two while 3-boxing. But now that I have a full time job which requires 24/7 on call support, I don't even have time if I wanted to play like that. It's physically impossible if I'm out of the house for 15+ hours a day just for work, then I have other things to accomplish after work (exercise, cooking, cleaning, family, etc). I specifically tailored my schedule just so I can make raids each week and even that falls through at times.

However, I dropped some of my real priorities during TBM because people wanted me to tank for their group progression/achievements. I didn't really like skipping priorities for EQ and I don't plan on doing it often enough to grind out 20 augs in a week.

I'm not saying I'm the best person to compare to, but it's an anomaly for most people to go out there and reset all their augs within a week time period. Especially when I look back at some of my logs and I was killing close to 200 PHs for augs to drop.
  16. Spiritwarrior Monk - KoSB - Bertox

I do not like this. There is no way for those of us who are not capped or raid geared to now to see if one item is better than what we have without putting the piece on and checking it in the stat window or doing the math on paper. Doing it this way assumes that everyone who is beyond TBS is capped on those stats when some of us aren't. It is too complicated and forces us to attune and put on items to see if that piece of armor is better.
  17. Ghubuk Augur

With the change, unless you are using well before TBS gear, I can't think of any setup where you wont be above 35 heroic in any stat which will cap you (current cap) on all mod2s.
  18. Derd Augur

Just for fun I checked my 85 heroic sk. With no augs and all heroic gear he is at worst 1 below cap on the soon to be new combined mods. Relax doom and gloomers.
  19. Xanathol Augur

Re-read the post of mine you quoted - I was particularly referring to folks whom wanted to combine hstr and hdex to provide the same effect (ie. you could then go either and get the desired outcome), basically asking to consolidate the two, which I disagreed with.
  20. Sindaiann Augur

Sorry guys. It has come to my attention that next time I post my opinion about something that is completely play style related and suggests a certain play style, that I MUST be comprehensive in giving EXACT information without negating certain things that are situational (my bad that I've played a long time!).

I hereby declare that any further posts will include exact information, detailed scenarios, breakdowns of dos and donts, comprehensive and color coded flow charts as well as milk and cookies for your brain's refreshment during your reading comprehension. As well as no more opinion! You decide for yourself.

My sincere apologies.

Lmfao
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.