Stat Consolidation and You: May 2016 Patch Preview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sindaiann Augur

Uh what? Not that I don't agree with the premise as an enchanter you should not be able to mezz yourself, its just been that way forever if you use a certain spell.

I have no idea why you would be using any spell that can accomplish this. Deadening Wave is a 6 target mezz and you can mezz yourself with it if you are standing in the pocket. No enchanter I know of ever uses this spell. Ever.

Anodyne Stare is a free target location 8 mob mezz (can't mezz yourself)

You then have 2 single target mezzes, Bewilder and Bewildering Flash

Then you have Perilous Bafflement your PBAE mezz (which you can't mezz yourself)

So to recap, stop using Deadening Wave. It's useless

PS - Completely fine with Mind Storm return being revamped and less than 9% especially considering the damage being done from these dots. As others have already asked, please fix stacking issues with multiple enchanters and this spell. Leave damage as is.

PPS - Address mob buff slot numbers as stated previously. Necros always did complain due to limitations and now with dot damage revamps of multiple classes its only prudent to revisit the total amount of debuffs allowed per mob.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Fooba Augur

What will happen to the 25 hdex "clusters" for riposte/parry and 25 hagi "clusters" for dodge?
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

This is a concern I have as well since I focused mainly on hdex over hagi.
  4. Kunon Augur

Nothing, they will still be the same as they were before. They are just adding the mod2s to what Heroics will modify. Given the thresholds for the current mod2 caps are so low and the overcaps so high most people won't notice any real difference.
  5. Bamkan Augur

Will the ripo defence advantage of hDex still be present?

I'm also curious if I do change over to hAgi , how I can obtain a hAgi version of Frozen Orb of the Fabled King. I'm guessing /petition?
  6. Iila Augur

Nothing is being removed the current functionality of heroic stats.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Lenowill like this.
  7. Kearstin Elder

so who has the 65 warrior in gates raid gear with no avoidance? it's genuinely impressive that you managed to avoid every piece of gear with avoidance while piling up that many mod2s.

using an example of a warrior with terrible gearing choices getting a benefit from the changes does nothing to inspire confidence
  8. Lenowill Augur

This post raises two important issues, one which relates directly to these changes and the other of which is at least secondarily relevant.

For sure, take care that Pets don't get stat-screwed by these changes. The loss of that much effective mitigation, especially, would be pretty harsh.
  9. RPoo Augur

no chaotic bewildering love??
    Maxxbuff1, Sindaiann and Xikteny like this.
  10. Xorsazis Augur

Could hStr possibly be fixed so it actually affects shield AC like it is supposed to since we are fixing heroics?
  11. Orbital101 Augur

12. Makavien Augur

They need to make str or dex affect the offensive mod2s whichever heroic is higher and dex or agility to affect avoidance whichever is higher to not make part of the playerbase farm 6 weeks + for new augs and have to petition to replace 1 time reward augs.
  13. Skysoldier New Member

So what is this going to do for or with necro's? Are we getting a stick up the back door again in dot damage reduction?
  14. Lenowill Augur

Based on what Roshen said in the examples, conversion into heroic is what I will expect.
  15. segap Augur

As a rogue with max safe fall, I die from falling every couple months. If you land in a spot with odd contours, you can take massive damage. I often see people die jumping down in Life/Decay. I've had several boxes on /follow die in TWK going to the portals with their corpses below the warp threshold and unretrievable with /corpse.
  16. Makavien Augur

When people lag they die to fall damage no matter how big of a jump it is been like that since argath.
  17. Kunon Augur

The irony with the DoT changes to help make them useful, fix the problems with casting older versions and to help with the debuff cap limit is that at the current pace every class will have 1 or 2 DoTs worth casting on raids. 54 toons casting 2 DoTs along with actual debuffs, short term recourse etc. will lead to some serious (even worse) debuff cap issues.
    Gyurika Godofwar and menown like this.
  18. Silentchaos Augur

Just gotta keep giving boosts to melees.
  19. Riou EQResource

People who picked right before wont have to swap anything, this changes basically nothing :p

The people who chose wrong (because they believed the game telling them their class was best on an item) it will be painful for them for sure. This only really effects Melee DPS tho for most part.
    Xikteny likes this.
  20. Abazzagorath Augur

Not the point. Move the mod2 avoidance into heroic agility means that - all things being equal, i.e., if hdex parry/riposte is approximately equivalent to hagi dodge increase, which is not truly known because parsing is inconclusive - with the increase in avoidance cap from 100 to 300, by going hdex instead of hagi you are losing ~20 avoidance (as of now with the 400-500 range of advantage you get gearing for one over the other).

20 pure avoidance (old mod2) is huge.

Returns per 25 hagi on parses ranges from 0.75-1.2%, returns on 25 hdex ranges from 0.7-1.5% from what I've seen. Not conclusive whether dex gives you more total avoidance like we used to think. As it is, I'm not sure 500 hdex, if it does have more total value (and hagi also gives ac), is better than 20 pure avoidance anyway, particularly since avoidance (mod2) checks before the parry/riposte checks.

So barring any better info, if you're a tank gearing for hdex, time to move to hagi. Meaning, go camp some more augs you ignored before.

So not saying the original functions of the heroics changed, saying the relative value to tanks changed when you put avoidance into agility and accuracy/ce into dex.

Interesting question is are we going to get raid mobs with DB/DI ratios that make going hsta worthwhile over agility for the shielding versus avoidance. I doubt it though, because even if DB was boosted enough to increase shielding's value, shielding cap is going up by 30% while avoidance cap is going up by 200%.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.