Info Request: Asylum of Anguish-OMM

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Castrasi, May 2, 2016.

1. Castrasi Journeyman

Hello Veterans,

I am requesting some info that I can not find anywhere so far in hopes that it will clear a few things up for me. Today was my first time in AoA. I was after the globe for my SK 2.0. I thought it would be a quick trip, but the zone is really cool, so I went through the whole thing but ran into a few issues in the process.

1. Problem: I cannot open Jelvan's Keepsake- The chest that spawns after you have killed the three tormenters in Jelvan's event. I completed the event, working to keep all three of the tormenters close in health (not sure if it matters or not). Afterwards, the chest was there in the middle. I went over, clicked, clicked again. Left clicked, right clicked, jumped over it and tried from the other side. I then put a shout out to gen chat and was told to attack it. Well, yeah, who would have guessed it. I attacked it. Nothing. Cast a spell, nothing. At this point I figured I had screwed something up.

I left it alone for a little while, went on with the rest of the instance and came back to it and still could not attack/open it. I cannot find examples anywhere of someone going through the same problem. Bug? I am hoping so, because that means in 4 days I can go back and do it again.

2. Problem: Overlord Mata Muram- He regens back to 100% after phase 1. I went through the entire fight, got him <30% and he ported me out to Ture's room. Ran back, engaged, and POOF, he started regenerating in huge chunks of health back to 100%. Why? Heck if I know. Again, can't find anything on it.

There is one line in the allakazam write up that might be a hint: "After clicking on the portover again, you must re-engage him quickly otherwise the event may reset entirely."

I don't think this was the issue. I ran straight back and engaged. Did I do it too soon? Did I do too much DPS and get him too far past 30% before he ported me out? I don't know. I am hoping someone in here can help me out with the answers.

I left the instance and logged out when I headed to work. When I came home he had reset and the other mob you need to kill to engage OMM had respawned. This attempt ended with the same results as the first attempt.

Anyway, that's it. Thanks for your time. I did get my globe from the guy right before OMM, so my epic will be complete here in a few minutes, but I still want to complete the event anyway.

Have a good one.

Cas
  2. Vdidar Augur

As far as jelvans keepsake target it and type /open. I've never had a problem with omm
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Castrasi like this.
  3. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

He starts regenning as soon as you get back to his room. Have to re-engage asap
    Castrasi likes this.
  4. Silentchaos Augur

The OMM regeneration thing I encountered recently too. I think it's bugged.
  5. Kongfoo Elder

When he goes non agro around 30%, /say worlds. This will make him agro again and he won't port you out of the room.
    Egat, roguerunner, Ishtass and 2 others like this.
  6. Castrasi Journeyman

Wow. That was awesome. After reading your post, I went straight there, said /worlds when he was 40%, and he never even went dormant. I kept dps on and he went straight to dead. No ports, no muss, no fuss.

Thanks a ton! May each of your days be a payday and every meal a feast. I love you man!

Thanks to all for the replies. Good to know I can count on the community for help. Have a good one.

Cas
    Kongfoo, Fanra and Grove like this.
  7. Brohg Augur

oh.my.god.becky.
  8. Millianna Augur

If you have a healer, you can actually cure the effect that causes the port and not worry about any hp regen.
  9. Prathun Developer

What the devil.
    Dibab, Egat, roguerunner and 10 others like this.
  10. KaoK Lorekeeper

This made me lol - and in no way as an insult.

Isn't it crazy what players discover / work-around? Not saying it's a good thing necessarily but just shows the resourcefulness of the playerbase. And also how no one has managed to publicly mention it before... probably how it has survived so long.

Wish I had known a year or so ago when I was still doing epics for my alts though haha
  11. Galidin Journeyman

You have to remember that much like the servants of the many face god of game of thrones developers believe only death can pay for life. Prathun can't keep windstalker's glamour spell up without many player deaths. If he lets this bug stay soon we'll discover she's actually an old dev.

Galidin
  12. Kongfoo Elder

The regeneration bug stated in this thread has been a problem for awhile. I hope they fix that if they get rid of my workaround.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

No, good sir, you're on the level?
  14. Makinn New Member

Why is it a thread that has just a few responses, about a trivial event, from a long time ago gets a dev to respond because someone figured out a way to make an event easier (and quite frankly has zero impact). Yet there are multiple posts with hundreds of responses and still no dev response... Quit avoiding the real issues. Things like this don't matter, yet we still have current content broken, bad tank stances and population issues. Focus on the real problems please! And above all else communicate to us the solutions
  15. Dre. Altoholic

Because of posts like yours and tanksalot's.
    Sheex, Sancus, Tarvas and 2 others like this.
  16. Makinn New Member

Dre what a useless response. Quit posting to up your stats and provide useful info
    Ownlee likes this.
  17. Dre. Altoholic

People care about forum stats?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I have to agree with Dre here. If the devs responded to every player who demanded or asked for a response from the devs all they would be doing is posting day in and day out. Yes there's still stuff that needs fixed and yes I'm sure they have seen your thousands of posts as evident by them reading the posts. Just because they don't respond to you or change exactly what you want changed doesn't mean they aren't listening.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  19. Hellboy007 Augur

well would be nice if they took interest in the still FUBR TBM group gear.
  20. Vdidar Augur

They did. They said it was as intended.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Iila like this.