Glyph of Cataclysm

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WonderBard, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Kongfoo Elder

These hotkeys are only good if you want to buy Cataclysm after each time you use it. I have Cataclysm in my burn key and I don't want it firing every time I use that key. Now I have to either take Cataclysm out of my burn key or waste 3 AAs on Destruction each time I choose not to buy Cataclysm.
  2. Bahdah Augur

I'm sorry, how do you waste 3 aa's?

a separate hotkey for Glyph would give you the option to click whenever you want it, and not every time you hit burn key..
  3. Brohg Augur

He had the /alt act on a "fire up the burns" social with other stuff. He wasn't in the habit of rebuying the Glyph, because he's apparently just that skint on exp. Now he can't keep the /alt act on the social unless he commits to paying 8 for GlyphCata instead of 5.
  4. valiantSeven Elder

I must be doing it "wrong" I guess, because I have two burn macros that I hit each time and glyph is a part of them. Like a lot of people, I end up mashing those two macros a few times to make sure everything fires and isn't skipped. Because of this, not only will I have to spend the extra points (minor), but I'll also risk Destruction overwriting Cataclysm (major).

Can we buff block Destruction and still get Cataclysm? I know there's ways around it, but it just seems like an unnecessary change. Consolidate AA lines if you must, but this is the only one that has actually hindered my performance as a result.
  5. Savager Augur

Get rid of destruction and just keep cataclysm, I don't even care if I get the 3 AAs refunded
    Perplexed and Ssdar like this.
  6. Eanelder Augur

Simply, this is very bad user experience. The changes need to be reverted or Glyph of Destruction needs to be removed.

There are workarounds with a "/alt buy" hot key, but seriously how many people even know that command exists and frankly it has failed me on several occasions.
  7. MrMajestykx Augur

sorry Sav.....your request is denied it provides too much logic.
    Perplexed likes this.