Presence of the Mighty

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silentchaos, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Gremin Augur

And yet 5 guilds are currently killing Kunark raid targets!
  2. Vaclav Augur

P99 is that away - Live has normalized running regardless of buffs for around a decade now.
  3. Darkeish New Member

POM makes no sense, please remove this debuff from the game. As a mage this has made my raiding experience far less enjoyable.
    Adonhiram likes this.
  4. Rhodz Augur

Well you have identified the target group to which DBG absolutely caters, remember DB management's attitude towards those NOT in that group. You should not be there, nothing has changed and it is intended to fail.
  5. Pikallo Augur

I generally lean towards the side of making things more difficult, less casual-friendly, and conservative ideals as it relates to EQ, but this PoM buff was really not needed and also extremely poorly implemented(wide-range pulsing AE - lol?). I echo the idea that it would be best to just remove it completely.
  6. Kibanu Augur

Even better is to use a fungi staff and click off the effect to run back. (which is like 5 feet away)
  7. TowerDefense Augur

Even better is to root yourself under the dragon and pray your tanks arent bad!
  8. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I have to agree. In its current form presence of the mighty is horribly designed.
  9. Brumski Augur

Meanwhile at DBG, they're giving out high-fives and butt-slaps "We did it!!! The whole server just merged into one guild!"

The mighty buff (combined with a human element) has already caused the guild I am in to implode due to officer/raid burnout. I liked them, I am sad.
  10. Gremin Augur

Sorry to say but if that buff is a cause of your guild imploding then your guild had worse problems then the buff lingering and just came bubbling up. I hope you find a guild secure in the long term though.
  11. Maddox New Member

Not sure that it would cause a guild to implode but like has been said many times... It's really removed the fun and made raiding into a chore and it seems to be pointless. I think this coupled with Kunark/Classic burnout probably has caused attrition in a lot of guilds.

Onward and upward to Velious!

p.s. - DBG, please remove PoTM. Thank you in advance.
  12. Katrina2013 New Member

What server?
  13. -wycca Augur

For the most part, VP gear doesn't really have resist boosts, maybe 15vs. all on average at best (I have a +25FR club from VP, so not exactly earth shattering).

I resist pretty much every fear and AE that I've spent a modicum of time getting resist gear for. There's plenty of easy large chunks for most resists - you just have to spend some effort to get them. Bards are pretty invaluable when it comes to resists - which is why I play one =P.
  14. Trackanon Elder

That's a First Class support post for why resists are important. Thanks Ahura.
  15. Brumski Augur

i guess being in AoS has an innate resist mod the rest of us don't get.
  16. BigDog Elder

It's similar to the Lady's Man Perk you obtain once you make it through the Doghouse trials in <BigDogs>.
  17. Maddox New Member

Unsubbed 3 accounts tonight, I'm out. Maybe the straw that broke the camels back but tired of dealing w/ PoTM and the general DBG approach of breaking stuff and never fixing it. Good luck everyone!
    Finley likes this.
  18. Snoogie Journeyman

I'm not one to generally complain, but I prefer strategy over zerg. With avg 20-30 raiders my guild fields on Phini... the latest patch to PoTM really really hurt us. We are trying to increase our numbers, but the (possibly intended) reaction to it was the larger guilds are only getting larger because they are the only ones who can clear targets. Targets that used to be and should be able to be downed without a zerg are now unattainable until we increase our numbers. I'm not happy with this buff / balance, and implore DBG to readjust or revert out of it!
    Finley and Adonhiram like this.
  19. JustACleric New Member

Agreed.
  20. EQForumAcct Augur

Every target in Velious can be downed without a zerg....as can everything in Kunark with MOTM.

Strategy > numbers.

Now, pre-regen fix, this wasn't the case as the zerg was needed on a lot of mobs to out-dps the regen. Since the fix, every mob can be done with just 1 raid group (not even full at that).

sounds to me that you're complaining about not being able to get raid loot with a handful of people. Hate to tell ya, but that wasn't something from back in the old days either. If you want loot pinatas, better get used to being a couple expansions behind.