Sense Heading - Progression Server Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Realitycheck Elder

I don't even remember when it happened but if it was in PoP it was probably a combination. I know a large group of people that quit when the vote originally failed and it had absolutely nothing to do with the server shutdown.
  2. SomethingWitty Augur

Is this a joke?! GoD is too hard, so we are going to dumb it down, but classic through velious is too easy, so we are going to buff the raid mobs...

wow DBG, just wow
    Punchu and Friday like this.
  3. Qelyn Augur

I can understand the need to make sure stuff is released without bugs and whatnot. And that's fine. It goes 100% against what this server was supposed to be, which was a 12 week server. But if that's what it takes to get content correctly and smoothly, then so be it.

But the GoD/OoW nonsense....

[IMG]
  4. Semah Augur

I don't understand. Wasn't GoD *already* rebalanced? I'm kind of eager to try out GoD 2.0 at 65.
  5. Gremin Augur

Release OoW and DoN together would be a more logical choice...but not GoD and OoW.
    Friday, Vexed and Vaclav like this.
  6. Girth-Matters Lorekeeper

You are WAY off on your timeline buddy.
  7. TheTick Journeyman

I never post here....I had to register a new forum name on this account just to post this.

I just completely lost interest in Phinigel. Peace.

You need to take a group of the veteran players into a room and listen to their ideas. I know you're working around a tight development schedule but you keep creating solutions without problems, and that in itself is where all your time is being wasted.

Off to find another place to play EQ, Phinigel just isn't worth it after seeing this.
  8. Nolrog Augur

Yup, you're right. I stand corrected. Hacks occurred in ~April 2011, Unlock for Gates was ~May 2012.
  9. Extra Extra Lorekeeper

Nobody is going to play on future servers with the way you are screwing up these servers on a patch by patch basis, making things go from bad to worse.
    Punchu and PathToEternity like this.
  10. Qelyn Augur

My thoughts on this topic:

[IMG]
    Friday likes this.
  11. malaki Augur

I also would prefer if the expansions weren't bundled.
    Friday and Vexed like this.
  12. Gremin Augur

It was the initial dagger in those server's hearts.
  13. Kahna Augur

Roshen made it pretty clear in his post that they are making these changes because this is what the team is capable of supporting, I'm sure they would love to have tons more employees so they can push out a new expansion and give us the TLP of our dreams but they don't. This is what they can support.

I would rather have them take more time and give us a product we can use than rush things and have instances still broken half way through the 12 week timeframe. This is how we get that, they don't have unlimited resources.
  14. Pikallo Augur

GoD was initially released in February of 2004, with the re-tuning happening in May of 2004. See the original patch notes here.

Once it was re-tuned, it was really a very good expansion.
  15. Silinius Augur

So as far as extended timelines on Phinny (lols), it doesn't impact me so I'll keep my true feelings to myself outside of saying the Phinny population has two choices:

1. Instanced content the right way - meaning all bosses will be instanced and POTime may be split into different instances with extended timers.
    2. Not every boss will be instanced and you're just going to need to deal with it

As far as Omens and Gates being released together... horrible idea. The content was tuned in previous iterations of TLP and I for one, was looking forward to seeing it when it's not so stupid hard (granted I finished it back in the day with my guild) and a little more enjoyable (I wanted to eat jagged shards of glass the first time around).

Maybe you can just shorten the timers a bit between these expansions if the idea is the allow everyone, including the not-so-hardcore, to see it.
  16. TheTick Journeyman

I never post here....I had to register a new forum name on this account just to post this.

I just completely lost interest in Phinigel. Peace.

You need to take a group of the veteran players into a room and listen to their ideas. I know you're working around a tight development schedule but you keep creating solutions without problems, and that in itself is where all your time is being wasted.

Off to find another place to play EQ, Phinigel just isn't worth it after seeing this.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  17. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

Wow... it's like you're literally TRYING to kill the current set of progression servers! GoD+OoW is absolutely an idiotic idea! People play these servers because they missed out on playing expansions in era... every time you just throw things together like this you're Forcing content to be experienced out of era....

I could possibly understand getting GoD and then a 1/2 Expansion unlock time before OoW, but releasing both together is just moronic!

Then you say you're making changes to the current progression servers because "we want to set expectations for the future of progression servers as clearly as possible" You can't set realistic expectations for the servers we have NOW how is forcing unwanted changes on these going to better set future expectations... unless the expectations are that you're going to do whatever you want whenever you want and the players just need to accept that....

MESSAGE RECEIVED! LOUD AND CLEAR!
  18. Ducreux Augur

I'm well aware of what the situation is. The fact is they have known, from the very beginning of this server, that Planes of Power was scheduled to launch on a specific day with its raid instancing ready to go. They knew this for Luclin and they knew this for Velious.

They made the decision that instead of ensuring that these mandatory requirements of the server are met that they would play around with other things such as implementing MoTM on Luclin+ and adding PoTM which has clearly slowed down their development timetable. We shouldn't be paying the price for their lack of project management skills. The fact is they have been running behind schedule from before this server even launched and a huge part of it is due to their lack of actually listening to test server feedback before pushing things live or releasing things broken.
  19. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

POP doesn't require instancing. Throwing in months of artificial wait time just to canvas over that entire expansion is a complete waste of time and resources. This would be like them pushing by the Kunark launch 12 weeks because they want to instance Tal and Gore while the VP instance is already working. It took very little time for raid guilds who didn't even like each other on Fippy to become flagged and get out of each others way.75% of the raid content becomes a trivial waste of time when you get to PoT.
  20. bodes Augur

It's like nobody is reading the original post. POP won't be ready in time, plain and simple. Extending Velious and Luclin is a very simple solution to that and I think only a minority will complain about it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.