Update Bugs 04/20/16

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Apr 20, 2016.

1. DebonAir Lorekeeper

The level 85 daily task from Franklin Teek (hotzone tasks) now grants level 70-80 gear ("Elegant ...") when completed.
    If my mermory serves me right, those tasks used to grant level 80-90 gear ("Extravagant ...") prior to the 04/20/16 patch - which was more level appropriate imho.
  2. Hiladdar Augur

Regarding "Game Update Notes: April 20, 2016"

The issue is that it is now too easy to overwrite hot button sets, spell sets, and extended target sets. A number of guild mates and friends have destructively overwritten critically important sets, especially during raids and had to rebuild the spell set on the fly during the event.

The issue is that it is too easy to have the cursor hover over "Save XYZ set" verses the "Load XYZ set"; then select what the player intended to load. The net result is a destructive overwrite of what the player wanted to load.

Recommendation is to revert that back to what it was, or if there is destructive overwrite of an existing set, to display a confirmation prompt from the user.
    Fanra and Sheex like this.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Did this myself unknowingly the other day. A confirmation pop up would probably be a good middle ground to straight reverting it back.
    Fanra likes this.
  4. segap Augur

They're both worth 10 plat to a vendor. At 85, both sets are just as worthless to wear.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Every time I log in I get the alert that I should "Find the new Hot Zone for your Level!". I've told it Close and it comes back every time I log in.

I keep trying to tell the game that I am aware that if I talk to Franklin Teek he has hot zones for me but I think the game's hearing aid needs new batteries. :cool:
  6. mackal Augur

I believe they said this is fixed internally already :p
  7. Malbro Augur

It is not fixed, hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch.
  8. mackal Augur

That's what "fixed internally" means :p
    Ishtass likes this.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Anniversary Raid: Tower of Frozen Shadow - We killed Lanys T'Vyl and bugged the raid.

[Sat Apr 30 20:54:35 2016] The shadowy avatar of Lanys vanishes as her spirit returns to the Plane of Hate.
    [Sat Apr 30 20:54:35 2016] Lanys T`Vyl has been slain by Mrwonderful!

She's supposed to go inactive at 20% health and then unlock the next part. We had to drop the expedition and get a new one. Please make Lanys T'Vyl unkillable in this raid.

Oh, also on this raid before we reached Lanys' floor, the zone simply crashed on us and we had to restart. But I hope you know this already by having alerts that tell you when zones crash.
    Urnihixul likes this.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

So far, it appears that you don't get a message telling you need to be in melee range to land a spell on some mobs, instead you get that the spell was resisted.

I don't think I ever got an answer to my question about whether it is supposed to now. If it is, then it is bugged. If it isn't, please add it when you can.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Patch note June 17, 2015:
    - All Arx Mentis progression raids - Now drop exactly six Essences of the Citadel rather than between four and eight.

On March 1, 2016 on the Bertox server, my guild defeated Praetor Vitio in Arx Mentis and he dropped 4 spells. Is this considered an "non-progression" raid because it is a "one off"? If so, how many spells can we expect from "one offs"?
  12. Fnyanea Augur

Seems random 4-6 on the one offs, based on my experience. I guess they are non-progression in the sense that they don't give you any key clickys.
  13. Fnyanea Augur

Chanter dot stacking gonna be fixed, or we gotta wait for the next patch? The other chanter in my guild has rank 3 dots, so now I can't land anything.
  14. CrazyLarth Augur

i am having a weird issue that started about two-three months ago.
    I keep loosing all the data in my LOG file. I have no idea if I have some new setting incorrect. the only program I use for the log is GINA. and I admit I let the log file go for a long period of time before I rename it. i have over 100 GIGS free,, i am waiting on a password to post on the gina board? gina is uptodate.
  15. DebonAir Lorekeeper

The opinion of Norraths Tribute Masters differs from yours and the merchants though! ;)
  16. Stell_CT Elder

It was Cataclysm. I did have Destruction already purchased. Sorry for the delay. I hadn't tested any of the other ones/
  17. Sindaiann Augur

You renamed your log file? All you have to do if your log file is too large is open it, delete the text inside, save it and close it again. Zero reason to rename it, which would cause issues with reading your log file, unless of course you renamed it to keep that log file and still have the correct one that GINA needs to read.

My question with this would be, why not just enable LOG MAINTENANCE on GINA? You can auto archive LOG files, select the destination folder the log file goes to, and even set a size threshold for archived files, as well as a duration on how long to keep archived files. This would negate any need to rename a log file for the sake of keeping the data....just a thought.
  18. CrazyLarth Augur

It is not a bug. I found the issue , I do have it to auto archive the log file in Gina set on.
  19. Mctash New Member

4 hour regen pots that I paid real money for can be dispelled by getting dotted....Unacceptable. Chromodrakes in Skyfire can dispel all of my store bought 4 hour effects...
  20. segap Augur

- Made a number of adjustments to the classic Dracoliche model to improve targeting and melee combat with these NPCs.

The target ring (default ui) is now much larger for Dracoliche. However, the hit box is still very tiny. Feels smaller than before, but that might just be an illusion from not having the target ring the same size as the hitbox. Not sure what the intent of this change was.