Glyph of Cataclysm

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WonderBard, Apr 28, 2016.

1. WonderBard New Member

Please undo the functionality changes you made to Glyph of Cataclysm AA by combining it with Glyph of Destruction. Its super clunky to have the AA jump around on the AA tab its found on when you buy and use it and its very easy to miss that you didn't repurchase the AA Cataclysm and are mistakenly using Destruction because the button doesn't go blank. You just get a slightly different looking "Glyph of" displayed.

I would suggest just naming them Cataclysm I and Cataclysm II but that doesn't solve the issue of missing that you burned II and forget to repurchase it and at times mistakenly using I because you can't tell from the text on the hot button easily. So just revert the changes and keep them separate please. So its very clear when you are using the one you want and that it needs to be repurchases as well as preventing it from jumping around the Special AA tab.
    Agrippa, Spellfire, Ssdar and 2 others like this.
  2. Evurkvest Augur

I second that...
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  3. Hellboy007 Augur

so do you know have to spend 8AA to even use Cataclysm? i liked how it was before just spend the 5 AA and use it and repeat.
  4. MrMajestykx Augur

way i see it , which is stupid with the destruct involved, but its not changed really, spend cataclysm, buy destruct goes right back to cata. price aint changed.
  5. Tevik Augur

I agree it's a messy solution to it. They should have either renamed them to be Cata 1 and Cata 2 but unstacked (so they show next to each other in the AA window) or, if they're really that concerned with the size of the AA list, make them level locked and eliminate the lower version once you're a certain level.
  6. Triconix Augur

The only time you need to spend 8 is if you accidentally use destruction after cataclysm or you never purchased destruction in the past. Regardless, you'll only be spending an extra 3 aa's one time and then it's 5 per use.

Anyways, an extra 3 aa's to spend every so often if you do make the mistake of using cata/dest isn't a big deal. It takes 3 (?) mobs without lesson to get 1 AA. Plus most people have 15-20k aa's these days. 3 out of 15,000 is what .02% of a person's AA total?
  7. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

Just make a hotkey to use and re-purchase the AA immediately, that way you just mash one button and you're done with a minimum of fuss and no confusion.
    Code:
    /pause 4, /alt act 7019
    /pause 4, /alt buy 7019
    /timer 6000
    I wasn't even aware of the whole Destruction thing until I opened up my AA window and watched as I pressed my Cataclysm hotkey.
    eqgamer and Xikteny like this.
  8. Tevik Augur

I use a similar setup, but it doesn't make the current implementation any less clunky.
  9. Bahdah Augur

Try
    /alt act 7019
    /timer 6000
    /alt buy 7019

And lose all that pausing ..
  10. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

I've tried various configurations with no pausing and it was never 100% reliable for me - occasionally the timer wouldn't go off or the ability wouldn't get re-purchased. But if having no pauses works for you, then you go, girl!
  11. Bahdah Augur

Gfy then, you're making an issue out of nothing.
  12. Kongfoo Elder

They could at least change the alt activate for Destruction to be different than Cataclysm.
    Perplexed likes this.
  13. Gumby Augur

You mean reverse the changes they just made because it's a complete and utter joke of an unnecessary change?

How dare you suggest such a thing!
  14. eqgamer Augur

17 yr player and still learn something new about this awesome game all of the time. I'm around 36k AA and didn't know, nor thought to ask, that I could macro a glyph purchase. This is great lol. Thx for sharing.

SB
    Emarr
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  15. Eruesso Lorekeeper

Yeah I don't understand why this was done it just seems to make the whole system more of a pita..Like someone said earlier were those extra AA slots really making that big of a difference? I've already spent 6 more AA's then i normally would have after years of buying Cata. Not a huge deal I guess but certainly not an improvement to anything.
  16. Vdidar Augur

I'll say in my opinion it's more of a hinderance than a help. But that's par for the course these days.
    Ssdar and Iila like this.
  17. iZealot Lorekeeper

Agreed, please revert back and split it into two different AA.
    Perplexed likes this.
  18. Perplexed Augur

Agreed! anyone know why it was changed?
    seemed to be working fine the way it was.
  19. Bahdah Augur

There really isn't anything wrong/difficult about it.. make a hotkey and you never have to look in aa window... If not a hotkey... repurchasing it shouldn't be a problem, should have all glyphs bought nowadays amirite? so cant be hard to find.
  20. Vdidar Augur

I do have a hotkey and it works fine 99.9% of the time. In my opinion it's just not an effective merge to try to clean up the AA window.