wru eq1 experience vial system

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gnomeboss, Apr 19, 2016.

1. gnomeboss Augur

2. Siddar Augur

Essence emeralds you can buy them in bazzar for 300ish pp each.
  3. Kravitz Augur

Coming later this year for EQ1 (tm). Just like with Kronos they'll release it first to EQII players, then release for EQ1 about 9-12 months later. Expect it to come after the expansion release, so people don't use it to instant level to 110.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Kezik Lorekeeper

There are never any for sale on Drinal. Someone needs to make it happen,would love to buy some.
  5. sojero One hit wonder

Essence emeralds are a bit different than what was in the site linked. I think this would be awesome to add to eq, especially for those that are maxed. Like fellowship xp, but better.
  6. DruidCT Augur

It depends how stupid expensive they make them. Everything has to get inflated because of giving out free station cash every month, prevents them from creating a robust micro-transaction ecosystem.
  7. Kravitz Augur

Essence Emeralds don't gift players experience, how is that anyway related.
  8. beryon Augur

SOYLENT XP IS PEOPLE
    Sasrayk and Fanra like this.
  9. valiantSeven Elder

They basically had this all ready with the shared fellowship experience before they nerfed it into the ground and basically erased the system entirely. That really was a sad day, because it was some of the most fun I've had actually helping to level friends and alts up to the point where they could group with me.
    Faerie and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

There is one very glaring difference between this new system and the old fellowship system: DB couldn't earn a penny from the old system. DB earns all the moneys by selling these new vials in the Marketplace.

We won't know how useful something like this will be until we see the cost of the vial on the marketplace. Experience is easy to come by, so these vials would need to be priced competitively with other means of getting exp (like playing the game or paying for a PL). Of course, the next step for DB would be to nerf exp across all zones.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Faerie like this.
  11. wingz-83 Augur

Pft..like that would ever happen.....again...
  12. Kravitz Augur

My guess would be $35 or more for the starting price point, similar to Heroic Characters. There will be goobers who will buy it even if it was $100 per bottle, just like the goobers who payed for the $140 version of TBM expansion.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Rhodz Augur

Is that the White Knight Special Commemorative Edition?

I do not understand players going along with being fleeced for things we used to get with the cost of the sub. I don't mind selling the stuff to FTP people but for the folks that pay for subs it is just getting out of hand.
    Iila, Gyurika Godofwar and Faerie like this.
  14. Faerie Journeyman

CHECK.
  15. Ducreux Augur

I didn't read all of the details but I can't see why anyone playing EQ2 would even buy these, unless they are stupid cheap on the marketplace. EQ2 might be the easiest game to powerlevel someone on with the way their mentoring system works, allowing a high level to essentially mass slaughter "group" tier mobs while the mentoree follows behind trying not to get aggro on anything.

That and the problem where you can only ever gain 199% of a level in one instance of experience, unless they did a workaround using these potions at a low level would just be a waste.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Whether it is an exp nerf like you said they will definitely find some way to nerf power leveling as it would be in direct competition with their market place sales.
  17. Lonye Augur

This is somewhat of a solution for Power Leveling service. Sell bottled xp for kronos. I don't think I like it for EQ1, but it has potential.
  18. Rolaque Ancient

Make the vial only useable at max level, that way it's not for leveling but keeping your exp bar full enough so you don't delevel when you die.
  19. code-zero Augur

Why do people always come up with the notion that Daybreak is going to directly sell anything except game time with Krono?

This thing doesn't equal them even selling exp for Daybreak Cash. This would allow people who are maxed level/AA to store earned experience for reuse such as regaining experience after raid deaths or to sell in the bazaar for in game currency. I'm sure that there will be some people who will trade in /auction for Krono but that's the sort of thing that Krono was intended to be used for

Why do that? What would even be the point? It's certainly not that hard for a raider to regain exp and if I'm reading it correctly only 60% of earned exp goes into the vial in the first place
  20. Lonye Augur

Sorry, might have not had enough coffee this morning.
    What I meant was, it has potential to be a non-bannable way to Power Level, rather than charging RL money for it and having the high potential of getting your account(s) banned.