New players - pick a knight if you aren't a boxer

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Time Burner 2, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makavien Augur

Then why are you here arguing go to the sk thread and let us suggest boosts for our class that matter? You know like more sustained dps?
  2. sojero One hit wonder

I would love more sustained dps for warriors. More sustain for warriors means more for sk, and more for pally. All the tanks need a boost, we have fallen way behind.

This thread is for everyone, not just wars. There are threads here that are for wars to get more stuff. This thread is for class warfare, and people, lets keep it going!
    Xanathol likes this.
  3. sojero One hit wonder

Please find them and repost, I went back over 10 pages and couldnt find them, and I really cannot be bothered to go back further :) and the darn search feature wont let you do by term "dps"
  4. Makavien Augur

15 - 17k auto attack dps ,25- 30k when I was mostly auto attacking with a bard boxing ,35 kish give or take 2k with a bard, shaman, and one other class like ranger, beast, beserker depending on how bad the unintentional nerf with the stance change and how it affects us and how long the overall parse is.
    I can add more like burns on short fights 200- 300 k while tanking with sword and board on fights like the last damsel burn , Grummus. Of course these are not perfect numbers and skill and disc usage will affect the numbers but before the stance change I was doing 250 k on a damsel burn with just a bard using both burns and sword and board.

In my opinion the unique thing to do for us since dw is useless is they should make 2 handers for utility procs move most of our dps to be while tanking make us have higher sustained and half of the burn .And let our epic ornament and other sword ornaments go in our shield only.If you notice my opinion on this has changed substantially. I also agree all tanks need almost double the dps sustained wise and 1/4 more dps burn wise. Also this dps would have to not be allowed to be affected by adps or it will just put us way over most people in group dps.
  5. Enkel Augur

Do you still play the game? Just an honest question. Also, Paladin burn is broken, for a tank.
  6. Xanathol Augur

250 - 300k dps for how long?

You don't see the problem with that? Your best defensive set up, giving a 30% mitigation boost and a 15% block boost, also being your best dps setup? Why not add a Superman cape while you're at it?

Btw, what do you think zerkers, rangers, monks, and beastlords sustain & burn for?
  7. Makavien Augur

Under a minute and no I really don't since we lost the unique ability to tank and dps with 2 swords and its never been returned losing our class uniqueness a lot of the reason 7 out of 10 warriors picked the warrior class I don't see a problem with doing the most dps while tanking and doing decent dps when not tanking since 99% of the time we are tanking.
  8. Ravengloome Augur

No one has any idea what you are talking about just Stahp these outlandish and totally unfounded accusations.
  9. Ravengloome Augur

All those classes sustain/burn so much higher than the numbers he is talking about that that statement is a non issue btw.
    sojero likes this.
  10. Ravengloome Augur

Total package. You are taking 1 individual piece of the puzzle (this is probably why you dont understand what Xana is really asking for) and examining it without figuring in how that puzzle piece will fit in with the rest.

Coupled with the fact that all those puzzle pieces mesh with ADPS very well.

For the few times a paladin gets a DPS group and the fight is the right length. That... That's where the magic happens.

The pewpew is strong.
  11. Enkel Augur

I'm going to assume that is sarcasm. If it isn't, I'm sorry for your ignorance.
  12. Dre. Altoholic

I'm specifically asking which Paladin ability, other than Intensity of the Resolute, provides "Increase All Skills Damage Modifier"
  13. shiftie Augur

My level of satisfaction when people fully appreciate what was accomplished is off the charts. Lol
  14. shiftie Augur

Blessing of the faithful, but that doesn't happen on raids... In group content though it makes 7th look like child's play
  15. Battleaxe Augur

Rangers could also tank and DPS with 2 swords - it wasn't entirely unique. To the extent that it was at all unique, shields being far less practical for Warriors than knights had Warriors building aggro by DWing under Fortitude conceding the survival benefits of shield AC not being subject to the softcap and Shield Block vs. more routine mobs especially in group content.

Shields were not merely decorative items. Shields were for tanking. Further, for most classes that could DW and use a 2Hander, DW was generally the best DPS setup.. DW = DPS. Shield is for tanking.

7 out of 10? My recollection is that even with mentions on SOE's website to help attracrt participation the poll on TSW was something like 13-14 of an earthshaking 24 wanting DW to be the Warrior goto tanking setup with 9ish recognizing that S&B was for tanking. I'd characterisize ACTUAL numbers as ho-hum for the vast majority of Warriors. Far from anything resembling if Warriors lost DW as both best DPS and tanking mode 10,000 would have not rolled a Warrior. It's more like 20 (very very unflinching in their opinion) Warriors. Not at all 70% of the perhaps 10,000 that play a Warrior.

I do however agree that there should be no objection to Warriors doing "Warriorly" DPS (which should be less than our not tanking full out Burn DPS) while performing our usual group role (tanking) and geared properly to perform that role (using S&B). It was DW 24/7 aficionados who insisted things should be otherwise.
  16. Dre. Altoholic

I've been having a lot of fun with that one, but yeah I was looking for a button to click that I was missing. I guess 7th is still the breadwinner there?
    And a heck of a lot more creative than trying to sneak one by Warriors via copypasting their 54/74 disc while having a much higher damage mod.
  17. shiftie Augur

Eli did the valorous rage all by himself when we asked for dps upgrades when it missed the mark I spoke to him about adding hhe and he agreed which made our burn independent in a way the other 2 tanks can't accomplish. But we don't have vod or suffer from mainland dps the way warriors do. The combination of crit enhancement from pure, skills mod from 7th, hit increase from vr, proc from ri, dd from ij, spell dps modded by cataclysm, and hhe it is a symphony of awesome. Throw in auspice for crit enhancement fero from beasts, accuracy from rogues, zerker aura, fierce eye, yaulp, spell potions, chanter mr, wiz manaburn, other chanter mods ruku etc etc. creative? Maybe. Understanding the breadth of all in game stacking yeah...that's the advantage of gaining dps so late in the game. We didn't have the hindrance of one specific overpowering ability. So we Nickel and dimed our burn for synergy and the fireworks are well fit.
    sojero likes this.
  18. Xanathol Augur

I'm just a filthy casual, participating in open raids we run and groups. The only way I could maybe come close to 300k would be with a bard, shammy, and bst in group, plus zerker, ranger, chanter, wizzy buffs... on a 30 second fight. And I can only project all of that because I never have that in a raid and I don't know a tank that does.

As for sustained dps, ie. no cool downs over a minute or so, then I have to disagree that those numbers are much higher.
  19. Kamea Augur

If you want to take a post with +/- 50% ranges, no actual parses, didn't state fight duration, little detail about conditions, and written in a language only loosely similar to English as gospel, that's on you.

Maybe I suck, but afaik 300k isn't possible over 60s on current raids. It is possible on older raids but any time where warrior doing 300k is possible SK's doing 300k DPS possible, and either would be ~45% of a zerker's DPS with the same level of burn.
  20. sojero One hit wonder

Thank you, here is a real parse, the group had members come and go, wiz, ranger were the other 2 constants, so adps was sometimes there, sometimes not. I was tanking with s/b, arx raid 1h. This was from March or February. I also don't get much time to do regular grouping.

Combined: A voracious fiend in 6406s, 712907k @111287sdps --- Sojero + pets 264652k@41313sdps (41313dps in 6406s)

I don't have nice raid burns to show because my guild is more of a sustained guild than a burst.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.