New players - pick a knight if you aren't a boxer

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Time Burner 2, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makavien Augur

What would you call snare if not cc you use it to control crowds of npcs?
    You do the same thing with root ,mezz , fear , stun ?
  2. Makavien Augur

I played on bb for 10 years, stormhammer for 2, povar for 2. You do understand sustained is not really 1 fight at a time correct?
    I find it funny when there are no facts to use the first thing you guys step to is to blame it on skill pathetic.

And Xanathol DW has always been ahead of 2 hander except for with fellstrike discipline. We got disciplines in kunark I believe.
  3. Xanathol Augur

Then I owe you an apology for assuming you were requesting what some others in this thread were. Just figured it was another veiled attempt to marginalize sks (go through the thread and you'll understand). Btw, if you missed it, I and many other knights fully support wars getting downward scaling abilities that would facilitate your request, least to a degree.
  4. Xanathol Augur

o_O Do you not understand how fear & snare are different from root, mez, and stun? Will let ya think on that a bit... btw, snare proc ftw!
  5. Ravengloome Augur

I understand that on a Nightly Combine, I am normally double or triple the highest warrior in my guild, So yes It sounds like i have terribad warriors.

ANd i also stand by the fact i am guessing your Knights arent trying very hard. So yes I understand Combined DPS
  6. Makavien Augur

Your wasting your time these guys won't be happy till the warrior class is useless and deleted from the game .
  7. Makavien Augur

Who said raids? We were talking about group dps keep with a conversation much ?
  8. Makavien Augur

They are all cc they allow you to control npcs outside of tanking to control the way a fight goes . They have been referred to as a type of cc for a long time have you even been playing the same game as the rest of us? It's pretty tough to snare a whole pack of 10 - 15 npcs and keep them occupied with a weapon proc ..
  9. Makavien Augur

I guess you do the most I have seen sk above me in years has been 5 kish on a longer endurance type fight and that is with burns included. If you used burns that is not sustained dps either . Unless you can sustain that burn forever. Sustain - to keep up or keep going, as an action or process: to sustain a conversation.

We can actually sustain our dps increasers minus our disciplines . Gut punch , knee strike , precision with 3 warriors , battle leap buff.
  10. sojero One hit wonder

Lolz if you are not burning every time they come up then you aren't doing decent sustain. Sustain is everything you can do over a period of time. I bet you are one of those that save everything for when the named pop.

Please post these amazing #'s you are putting out, I am curious to see.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Much like the SK-lacking-raid-utility issue, what you're describing doesn't get "solved" by simply throwing a little more dps at it, unfortunately.

If you're saying you want to molo with a clr merc at roughly the same rate a knight molo's with a wiz merc, it's going to take a substantial upgrade to war dps (...like, +25k sustained, which'd be lawls).

Also, using old content as a balance point can be pretty problematic in a game that does it's best to force everyone into the new expansion each time one releases. Not to mention the whole raid geared/max everything in group content dynamic that is often conveniently ignored in such comparisons. A raid geared monk can molo smash a lot of group content compared to a raid geared rogue trying to do the same thing - the dps difference between the two is fairly irrelevant...it's the monk "utility" that makes them shine, and there are lots of other examples of this dynamic between the classes.

I think most would agree that if stances are staying as is, though, warriors could use some love, and there's a bunch of varied ideas about how to go about that which get met with a lot of resistance from the "we should out aggro and out mitigate by a mile and nothing else" crowd.
  12. Makavien Augur

Am I one of those types ? You don't even know me ... Get a clue and quit taking out your rl frustrations on a video game forum?
  13. sojero One hit wonder

I'm frustrated? Come on, post some #'s since your so amazing and out parsing all your knights.
  14. Makavien Augur

Funny cause I have personally asked for dps , self healing , multiple other things and was told its no big deal but look at the current argument ?
  15. Makavien Augur

I said I haven't grouped much since these stances were given to knights and have said I am not even talking about raid dps ? Read much ? So where would I get these magical numbers post yours ? And yes you sure seem frustrated with anything being mentioned outside of what benefits you staying op . Which is going to change soon just wait for it.
  16. sojero One hit wonder

What is the current argument? from your point of view
  17. sojero One hit wonder

Ah so you out parse, but you don't group, and have no #'s. And I didn't say group or raid, I'm willing to look at #'s from either. Oh and I read just fine, especially between the lines, again gonna have to see if I can get the BS fixed on my parser.
    Xanathol likes this.
  18. Makavien Augur

The current argument is omg the warriors think they should do something more then just be a punching bag that can't be ! Even if there is facts all the way from the beginning of the game to prove they should .
  19. Makavien Augur

I did give the grouping numbers from before you were given stances and again I don't need to prove anything to you . I even estimated the current numbers with what I believe I would be able to sustain without burns because I know there is a difference.>insert personal attack about skill here to prove a point < pfft.
  20. sojero One hit wonder

I don't see that argument at all, many people have been suggesting stuff to make the warrior class more diversified and fun to play.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.