New players - pick a knight if you aren't a boxer

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Time Burner 2, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sojero One hit wonder

But I thought warriors were the baseline, thus 1000, was I wrong? or are they 100, and we are just so amazing OP that I forgot what it was to play a base classs?
  2. Dre. Altoholic

idk what the baseline is but 1000 sounds low. you should go parse it.
  3. sojero One hit wonder

my parser must be broken, I'll have to put in a feature request to measure BS units. Base and Standard if you were wondering what BS stands for.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

Thanks. I knew we could see eye to eye on this one. See? That's cooperation right there.
  5. sojero One hit wonder

Always willing to find middle ground when having a reasonable conversation :)
    Dre. likes this.
  6. Xanathol Augur

These are the abilities I know were being used and Makavien stated similar numbers for his group content, so the value is confirmed either way.
  7. Xanathol Augur

You might want to check the initial dates on those discs again. I've already stated you had a small percent chance to crit when others didn't - 3% iirc. There were wars who played gimics with beserk so if you want to hang your hat on that, go right ahead. As for DW... and? 2her vs DW wasn't an issue until later in EQ. Perhaps you don't recall being out dps'd in sustained by an sk, but I can claim the same in reverse.

Why on earth do you think those two have anything to do with one another? VoD was introduced much later in the game as other classes received dps AAs as well.
  8. Dre. Altoholic

It seems to me that VoD's huge mod percentage was tuned to compensate for lack of crit/cripple.

Is there another crit/cripple Pal disc you're referring to?
  9. Ravengloome Augur

Pureforge is what hes referring to.
  10. Ravengloome Augur

The knights you've been guilded with are either terrible, or the Warrios I am guilded with are absolutely terrible.

Either way, I am loling at this.
    Xanathol likes this.
  11. sojero One hit wonder

Well according to this thread the wars you are guilded with are terribad! and just got more so.
    Xanathol likes this.
  12. Ravengloome Augur

Well thats true actually, but i think Maks Knights probably just as bad.
  13. sojero One hit wonder

probably worse :)
  14. Ravengloome Augur

Mad Figure eight skills bro, 2.0 WIN BUTTON (lol), and Pretending to be badasses, O and apparently Snare is CC now (quoting Makavien on that). Good stuff.
    Xanathol likes this.
  15. sojero One hit wonder

Don't forget our l33t play dead skills.
    Xanathol likes this.
  16. Kantan New Member

Let me try and explain than since you seem to think I have some beef against knights or you, basically is what I was getting at is as a group warrior I'd like a bit more dps. Because unlike a knight I can't do older content(cotf/tds) etc with a wizard merc. I just can't. All I was asking was some more dps so I could you know molo a mob or maybe camp a power source or some piece of gear or do some older merc quest, progression etc and actually you know be able to do it.

Am I asking to do more damage than a knight? No I am not, them even in both sword/board and with a 2hander I am fine doing more damage than a warrior with sword/board and 2hander. I Am. I'm fine with knights having stances too. All I was getting at is I'd like a bit more dmg, that's it to do some things since warrior's are chained to the hip of a cleric merc. We can't pull out a wizard merc for dps.. If that makes me a sad person than I guess it does. Wasn't meant to offend you or your class or anything of the like.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Not gonna lie, raid leader called me the mvp the other night when I kited a raid boss around on my sweet rainbow selyrah after warriors died, and the praise felt good. No snare necessary for sweet cc skills brosef.
  18. Dre. Altoholic

Well VoD was first. And PF is definitely based on HF. Either way, there's more raw damage built into VoD to compensate for lack of crit/cripple options. And idk about you but I'd rather have VoD than deal with a 4hr cooldown to get good burn results. I think VoD is probably better for certain ADPS synergies too.

Unless ofc by crit/cripple he actually means Mighty/Brutal, which stacking with VoD would be lol
  19. Ravengloome Augur

I am going to assume your ignorant of paladin burn lines and nod my head and raise my eyebrow abit at you.
    Enkel likes this.
  20. Dre. Altoholic

So... where are Paladins getting all skills mod from these days? I didn't see it get lumped into Valorous Rage.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.