New players - pick a knight if you aren't a boxer

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Time Burner 2, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I live to serve.

In honor of the only Warriors I root for, i.e. the ones that play for Golden State, I give you:

[IMG]
  2. Makavien Augur

Please quote where I even hinted self heals are op . I merely said they end up making your damage line smoother which has traditionally been a warriors strong point. Which is all I would like to get repaired. A little bit of sustained dps would not be a far reach either preferably while tanking to push us in a unique direction.
  3. Xanathol Augur

As long as classes align, are what they are suppose to be, and can do what they are suppose to do, I don't care. My SK should tank all group content feasibly (without the need to 'over gear' for it) and should be measurably the most dps of the tank classes. If Warriors got downward scaling heals of some sort, I am fine with that and actually welcome it. Want an invis? By all means - have at it. Want debuffs? Well, you already have better than SK debuffs... What else? FD? Didn't they give fade to everyone not long ago, not to mention potions? Snare? That's been around on weapon procs since forever... Seriously - what is it you think you don't have now besides healing that you covet?
  4. Makavien Augur

This one sucks though it has nothing to do with holding your mouth right ?
  5. shiftie Augur

Here we go again... I didn't nerf iss the devs did. And guess what you were doing too much dps from your main hand attacks with a shield equipped. If they overshot the tuning in face of the flurry big brogett highlighted. Then maybe they need to revisit it. But for a guy screaming about balance do you really need to keep harping on the iss nerf. Or are you here and now saying doing your best dps with a shield equipped is balanced?
  6. Makavien Augur

It could be a unique direction to push us which there is nothing wrong with when we group we are tanking.When we raid we are tanking or waiting to tank. I used to be on the other side make dw useful and 2 hand but after the whole stance deal and them not being worth switching to and taking the chance of getting 1 rounded (which happens) I am now against wasting time on either one just delete them and put all the dps into 1hand+ shield because they will never be meaningful.
  7. Xanathol Augur

Well the conversation was focused on repeatable casted heals to heal one's self; kinda assumed everyone followed that (which rules out LT and limits dicho). Yes, epic + VoD + etc.. has meaning, but Warriors can get that too from the SK epic, just at a lower return percentage.
  8. Battleaxe Augur

The funny thing is they gave knights things "that are [BA:were] specific to Warriors and should not be shared. Warriors should and will always tank better than knights. [BA: they should but they do not].

It's true that when SOE proposed retuning known to be overtuned mobs in GoD group content some knights started threads with titles like "The End of Knights" criticising the proposed right thing to do. They wanted to have tank parity (and knight spellbook superiority) in group content where a well geared and fully leveled tank shouldn't require another tank class to tank for them (adjusting group content would have accomplished this) but soon expanded their demands to include tanking raid boss mobs as their primary duty - to be fully capable Warriors with outside of the tank archetype bonus abilities AND secondary roles.

Warriors should have the unmatched ability to survive the most brutal battles.
    Paladins should have other tanking responsibilities in raids AND cast curing and healing spells (they do and these spells have signifcant impact on raids).
    SK's should have non-boss mob tanking responsibilites in raids and find the secondary abilities they chose instead of parity with Warriors in tanking useful in raids.

I realize this flies in the face of knight plans to be dual classed super toons. But it's a heck of a lot fairer than pretending Warriors chose to be one of 3 hybrid tanks - the one with vastly inferior secondary abilities they never ever would have chosen if they had been offered. Heck Warriors even turned their nose up at OP Paladin secondary abilities.

However - if you are a new player, play a knight. If there's anything you can't tank like a Warrior gearing or leveling up will fix it. There is no amount of leveling or gearing up that will narrow the Warrior/Paladin healing and curing gap.
  9. shiftie Augur

To quote

But sure be mad at the paladin when your own players post stuff like this
    Dre. likes this.
  10. Xanathol Augur

Annnnd there it is! I knew it would come back! All this fuss about tanking and low & behold, here returns the request to take away the uniqueness of the SK class and give it to Warriors (ie. dps)! Among the tank classes, DPS is what SKs do more than the other tanks - not Warriors. And before the cry again of '~we need something else to do~', no, you do not. For one, you don't get to be the best in your archtype at something another class in your archtype is suppose to excel in just because you want to. Two, you picked a specialty class. Rogues and Wizzys dps - they don't tank or heal. Clerics heal - they don't tank or dps. Warriors tank... you can fill in the blanks from there.

Btw, heals don't make damage lines smoother and a lot of you seem to have trouble understanding that. The damage is done - period, end of discussion - and if you die from it, you are dead. Heals repair the damage and things like SK lifetap procs make it a 'joy' to predict (your sarcasm meter should register on that comment). Mitigation is not the same as healing and never will be.
  11. Makavien Augur

You are wrong warriors have been the sustained dps tank since the beginning of the game when you run out of mana your dps goes down the toilet ours never runs out and never has.

You have in the current game been deemed the burst dps tank but not the sustained.

You can't have everything and leave your parent class nothing .

And you seem to not understand what a damage line is and how it is affected by what we do to change the outcomes?
  12. sojero One hit wonder

You keep saying stuff like this, but only time I remember war dps being more than sk was during the ISS debacle. But then again, I dont know many warriors that try to max their dps, most hold the same opinion as you do, why take the risk of doing 2h to just die if the mob turns, well I call that skill. risk vs reward, you want the reward without taking the risk.
    Xanathol likes this.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Welcome back sir, your tired, sad and repetitive diatribe new insights were sorely missed! #VastKnightWingConspiracy

Hmm, suspiciously close to the words of the OP. Perhaps BB and TB2 are the same guy? The plot thickens, dun dun duuuun ^ . ^
  14. Makavien Augur

I don't think you are seeing the truth then I maximize dps all the time with a 1 hander and a shield because I am almost always above all the knights and have been as far back as I can remember. Especially over a long period in a group which doesn't happen often(as in we don't group together often) Could I gain 2- 4k dps with a 2hander sure but,why bother when I then need more heals in the mt group while ae ramp and stuff is happening ?
    I usually end up rampage a lot of the time too which could be part of why I just never switch.
  15. sojero One hit wonder

well then sir I feel sorry for the knights that you play with.
    Xanathol likes this.
  16. Makavien Augur

Everytime to oh they must suck then even though they are mostly geared and stomping the expansion and had very little problems with the anniversary stuff. Yeah we all must be skill deprived . All achievements - 1 also.
  17. sojero One hit wonder

OMG you are so right i am so wrong, your knights are amazing, please teach all the other wars how to dps and have your knights come over here and share their amazing awesomeness with us, my life will be deprived until it happens, oh woe is me until i get this blessing of *whatever guild he is in* knights amazing knowledge.
    Xanathol likes this.
  18. Makavien Augur

I didn't say that actually I haven't brought up skill while being serious in this entire thread I am not just talking about right now I am talking about over the last 15 years I have played . Very few knights have out dpsed me unless it was on a short burn parse. Multiple guilds and multiple servers are there better knights I am sure are there better warriors yeah I have seen a couple in the dps department but not many.
  19. Xanathol Augur

LOL you certainly don't mind advertising your wrongness, I'll give you that much. Your statements just aren't true and have never been true, outside of a very few times such as the ISS / 2her prof fiasco, as Sojero pointed out. Repeatedly saying it will not change it; it just makes you look foolish.

Your 'ideal' that SKs should only burst for more dps and Warriors should sustain more dps least 'your parent class has nothing' is moronic - you already have the best tanking in the game (as you should) and now you want to take away what makes the SK class... at least the majority of the time (ie sustained). You completely fail to understand what it means to balance classes and have done nothing but to ensure that your input on class balance should be ignored.

As for your last comment... still struggling to understand the difference between mitigation and healing, eh? /shakeshead Tell ya what - make of plot of incoming damage with no heals and then make a plot of incoming damage with heals and compare the plots of incoming damage to see how much they change!
  20. Xanathol Augur

Care to share some parses or even better, logs?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.