Illusion Extender...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Reso, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Reso New Member

One of my favorite things about EQ is collecting illusions. On my bard, its great the illusion sticks for like 18 hours or something crazy, and cross-zone.

But for all my other characters, its crazy annoying to constantly re-illusion every zone.

I would gladly pay $20 per character for a 4 hour permanent illusion + cross zone extender. You still keep Bards/Chanters as the illusion kings but you make it way less annoying for us illusion freaks. I could finally buy illusions for all my characters and actually use them instead of letting them collect dust because i cant be bothered to constantly remember to re-illusion every time i zone. And i zone ALOT when i play.
  2. Orkpork Journeyman

You mean rogue/ enchaters are the kings. Bards just stole the ability like everything else in their kit.
    Perplexed likes this.
  3. Lonye Augur

Just like they mysteriously became better trackers than Druids .............. grrrrrrrrrrr
    roguerunner and Iila like this.
  4. Reso New Member

Hahah, ok fair enough. I stand corrected....Rogues/Enchanters are the kings. But that is not the point of the thread.
  5. YellowBelly Augur

Every time this topic comes up the chanters come in and shut the idea down. Something about class defining abilities blah blah..
  6. Randragon Augur

Well since the beginning and only in a few instances, illusions haven't been used right in EQ. The Enchanters should have been the overall masters of illusions if they correctly hooked up faction with the illusions.
    But seeing that EQ pretty much missed the boat on that ability there really isn't any reason why there shouldn't be illusion extenders or persistent illusions through zoning.
    Unless, of course, they may bring back illusions as a way to get around the faction aspect for enchanters and make it special for that class again.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

It takes a few seconds to click an illusion. Is this really an issue for people?

And if you are upset that when running from Guild Hall to Demiplane Decay and you have to re click your illusion every time you zone so that people can see you running through the zone looking like whatever your illusion is.... then that is a level of sad I am not familiar with.
  8. Teferi_Zebuxoruk Master

Give the people permanent illusion already. Class defining my foot.
  9. Ishtass Augur

If it's worthless you're cool with him having it then, right?
    Arcainos likes this.
  10. mackal Augur

You mean ROG/BRD stole it from ENC.
    KaoK likes this.
  11. Cicelee Augur

You are gonna have to show me where I said it is worthless. I don't remember insinuating that.

The request is of laziness. I am too lazy to click an item and wait a couple seconds to look different after I zone. That really is what the request is about- laziness. Nothing more, nothing less. And I am not for players becoming even more lazy than what some of them already are...
  12. Reso New Member

3...2...1....annnd enchanter enters about it.

you can still be the master of illusions cicelee, just let me buy something that allows my illusions to work cross-zone and for a tad bit more than 30 minutes. You can keep the 12h or whatever to keep you(and brd/rog) as the king of illusions since thats clearly what you want.
  13. Questoften32 Augur

There should just be perm for pet, to solve the wood elf beast lord not having a beast as a warder problem.

You got a pretty bst but with the ugliest most inappropriate pet option possible. Its why I stopped playing my 71 one.

I have the white wolf illusion I think but no one will keep clicking it, each zone in, or couple hours, people just wont keep it up.

Cant we make only petamorph until canceled not player illusion?

I am thinking of trying to hot key the summon pet to the petamorph wand if such a thing might be possible, never tried it. I have only ever done the doability type hotkeys. Just had this idea but its not really a solution.

Edit: Its elemental anyway not a beast. Why not lets just vote on a faydark containing animal to change it into?
  14. Cicelee Augur

I am not an enchanter.
  15. Ishtass Augur

It's not being lazy, it's an annoyance. I don't get too much enjoyment for having to click something every time I zone. I'd rather people focus on what matters without having to get side tracked if they want an illusion. There's nothing immersive about it, it's old school cluckiness, its time is up.
  16. segap Augur

If you want to concentrate on what matters, then forgo the illusion. It removes sense of immersion and clutters up the aesthetics of the game. Concentrate on just being a monk.

The fact that you're so impassioned here tells me it's something that has value. What class abilities are you willing to trade? Honestly, even just the little things being farmed out and removing class uniqueness is what's helping kill the game. Distinct classes with their own little quirks is part of the fun. It gives identity and helps people bond with their class.
  17. Ishtass Augur

Illusions serve no advantage, they're just like picking ornaments for weapons and armor. I don't expect people to requip those when they zone. The fact that someone can immediately re-illusion means that to everyone but the player, they might as well already have the ability, except the player is inconvenienced. I stand by my point.
  18. Cicelee Augur

My sincere apologies to you for having to spend three seconds of your gaming life to click an illusion. The inconvenience of it all is mind shattering, and I am now fully understanding how critical and crucial those three seconds are to your gaming experience...
  19. Ishtass Augur

3 seconds how many times per day, how many days per year? It's frustrating to do it that many times. If that is an enchanter's claim for enjoyment in the game, the class needs help. The current system is an arbitrary nuisance. If you can't see that, you're beneath my time investment.
  20. Mitsune Lorekeeper

"ROG stealing something from someone" does make sense to me, somehow.
    mackal likes this.