Current XP Rates

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Balorf, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Balorf Journeyman

I started during the bonus period and thought xp was kind of slow but doable, but now holy crap. Even playing 3 hours a day, given how long it can take to find groups at times, I don't think I'll make max level until Luclin. I feel like 3 hours a day is kind of a lot these days... How is anyone that has a job and didn't start when the server launched ever supposed to catch up? 2 buddies I started with quit after they saw how slow xp became, only one left...
  2. Ducreux Augur

While I agree that the current xp rates are crap-

The server has been open for ~116 days and there are plenty of level 60s. You have ~136 days to hit 60 before the next "level" increase in Luclin where the AA grind starts so you shouldn't be left behind.
    Sophism and Vaclav like this.
  3. Balorf Journeyman

Maybe, just not sure if I have it in me I guess.
  4. Tierdal Augur

suck it up man, its not so bad and you have 6+ months
  5. Vaclav Augur

Indeed - maybe AA needs the XP rate revisited - but anyone thinking that the XP rate is umanageable has ridiculous expectations.

Heck, Kunark mostly sucks besides epics which Velious outdates for many anyhow. So assuming you accept that you'll truly start in Velious - that's 55 days to get 60 levels.
  6. Conscript Journeyman

Yeah, the exp is terrible on this server. It gets even worse as a DPS with all the competition for a group spot, and even worse if you're not a top tier for groups.

I'm just banking plat and will eventually buy PL when they are offered.
  7. Healiez Augur

I feel like with the bonus it would be to fast, was a nice little boost, but not sure if I would of like it that fast the entire time....

During the bonus I did 59-60 in like a little over 3 hours.
  8. Balorf Journeyman

I'm not trying to say the 170% should be the normal rate, but 140% of the current rate is more than justifiable and will keep more people playing imo. Those that have buzzed through the levels will undoubtably create alts or farm either way.
  9. vardune Augur

If you don't like the exp rate play on rave or lock. Shoot even live but don't complain about the exp rate on Phinigel it's fine as is.
  10. Wintermalo Augur

I'm impressed that only 1 person is complaining after the 2 and a half weeks of bonus xp. I was expecting a flood of posts.
  11. Mashef_8013 Elder

The exp is terrible and needs corrected. We should be at the 170% rates permanently and get bonus from there.

Don't let the haters above tell you otherwise. The VAST majority of the players that come to this forum are elitist that only defend the exp rates. The minority doesn't know these forums exist and just stop logging in the game.

It is brutal right now, there are little to no groups for 50-55. I started a new toon during bonus exp and made it 1-50 in about a week. AFter about 6 hours without the bonus I am only 30% into 50? Everyone who says its "fine" have premade groups with 3 enchanter charm pets...

DBG has to correct this, it has been long enough and no - we don't have 5 more months. It is very important to be 60 going into Velious as that is when you need to gear up for when the game starts in Luclin.
  12. liveitup1216 Augur

Exp is fine. Would you rather have months of content to play/level or hit max level in a week and be bored for months at a time sitting at cap? Perspective.
  13. Conscript Journeyman

Farming for BiS at level cap takes quite some time.
  14. Vaclav Augur

Besides the BIS stuff from raids, not really. Wife and I have been done for like a week besides crossing our fingers on some raid drops and respawns on annoyingly long turn-ins.
  15. Wintermalo Augur

I'm not sure you are aware of this but you actually have your magelo posted in your signature, so we can all see just how far you are from being anywhere near BiS.
  16. Ducreux Augur

Oh god I clicked it with sound on. He's not that far off, though idk about Di'zok ring over Djarn without a NoS.
  17. Vaclav Augur

I swap a DJ ring in as needed. I've got one, but I do have my mangelo set for my max mana setup. And no love for Ministry? For shame.

If you've got some advice to share, please do. I try to sweet spot 234 WIS since buff slots are a non-concern ATM as a priest before trying to mention that "inadequacy".

(And mind you, I know theres a Drus drop or two I could benefit by - but I'm not down for the nonsense I've heard down there - so written that off until if-when it's DZed)
  18. Wintermalo Augur

Your neck doesn't make much sense. You'd be better off with an easy black sapphire platinum necklace which has been craftable since classic. 8 ac isn't worth losing 55 hp and 15 mana. The Necklace of Superiority would also be superior and let you drop the need for a djarn ring.

Ring - Di'zok quest ring (2nd version) + djarn
    Back - Shroud of Veeshan / Hiero cloak would both be superior
    Head - Crown of Rile
    Hands - Vibrating Gauntlets of Infuse
    Legs - Donal's Legs
    Waist - Girdle of Rapidity
    Chest - Robe of the Azure Sky
    Secondary - Left Eye of Xygoz
    Range - I don't know what religion you are but the Cazic-Thule & prexus idols would both be superior especially with the shroud of veeshan. If you chose Quellious, well you up because you will never obtain inner peace - every small issues drives you insane.

Ya a lot of that gear is raid gear, the neck, hands, rings, hiero cloak, and waist are not - so you still have a ways to go before you are "done", so saying you've been done for a week to conscript seems a little unfair.
  19. GrugSA Augur

Getting Vibrating gaunts gives you like +20 wisdom and allows you to shift around other gear arms and boots to better +mp/hp or resists. 1/100 of a named with 2 hrish spawn timer plus the other replacements for other gear, heiro cloak, ect you're aren't close to BiS
  20. Catashe Augur

Considering that at least 50% of the server STILL gets max level with a week.. two max.. when a new expansion opens up.. I think I'd rather have the increased xp.. The other 50% trying to level will just feel more and more left behind as few and few groups are available