PhinnyKills.com - Now Tracking Epic 1.0 Server Firsts

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machen, Mar 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kibanu Augur

The other dragons aren't THAT hard. Pulling them near a corner / dodging AoEs is not that difficult. The hardest part of it is not running out of cleric mana while DPSing down in order to properly avoid the AoEs. Again, with any decent guild, that will be easy enough. Doing it with low numbers is much harder.

As it's been said here, splitting the raid to maximize the number of PD kills is the whole idea. He's really the only one with really decent loot. That's just my opinion though.
    Vaclav likes this.
  2. Wintermalo Augur

All you gotta do is slay PD. Who really cares about the other dragons. I guess monks care about Hoshkar, but PD is the moneyshot.
    Vaclav likes this.
  3. GrugSA Augur

I said doubt not won't because i wasn't sure on some guilds. I also said half the 12 guilds that beat EoV in era, which would mean 7 guilds not 6. You understand 7 not 6 is more then half of 12 right?
  4. Vaclav Augur

You said you doubted half would - AKA the threshold that you were doubting was hitting 6. If you said you doubted MORE THAN HALF would you'd be correct, however that was not your choice in phrasing.
  5. GrugSA Augur

Nice of you to tell me what i meant. Half the guilds haven't cleared VP yet although half the guilds have tried. But Rovell the leader of one of said guilds that actually cleared VP already validated my mainpoint which is Hoskar, Nexona and to a lesser degree druusk with low numbers are no joke. But please continue to tell me how easy bosses you didn't kill are.
  6. Vaclav Augur

I'm quoting your phrasing. I can't say what you meant, but I can certainly quoted what your phrasing is taken as. But please, do more Bill Clinton style massing of word meaning - always a sign of a strong argument when you start that. You may have expressed yourself wrong, that's fine - but don't be shocked when people take your phrasing at how you said it.

And Hosh dies next time np for us, FYI - he was at 22% with people tired and multiple people that had logged to get sleep. Pretty sure refining things we could've gotten him Tues - with even 1 more keyed group next week he should be a pushover.

We didn't really try the others though - but unless they're astronomically harder than Hosh (which you seem quite willing to lump him with them...) I'd expect full clear is likely on Tuesday this week, a week from at worst.
  7. yerm Augur

8. Wintermalo Augur

Vaclav & Mrniceguy need to make their own forum so they can have their daily pissing contests in private if you ask me
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  9. Vaclav Augur

I've been doing just that actually when it's just me and one person recently (thus my sig adjustment) - that bit had some context to something the thread had been discussing though - would've felt odd to leave Machen out of it. But I'm trying to be better about it.
  10. Shimm Lorekeeper

MIM with 35ish people in raid.

[IMG]
    GrugSA, Qelyn and Vaclav like this.
  11. Vykk Lorekeeper

This post exists to give Machen feedback about the site and help him track stuff. If you really want to escalate flame wars make a "How hard is VP?" post or something : /
    Rhiyannon and Punchu like this.
  12. GrugSA Augur

Grats, FYI you aren't one the guilds i thought would fail at this.

Can we have an *** by the name of guilds that have killed PD but not Nex or Hosh.

Current top 5 guild power rankings
    1 AoS
    2 MiM
    3 OGC
    4 Resolute
    5 EoE
    Darkening likes this.
  13. Machen New Member

Does taking welfare teeth increase your power ranking?
    Krimzin likes this.
  14. GrugSA Augur

Getting open world kills and low number kills does.
  15. Vykk Lorekeeper

Are extra teeth even necessary? We had 5 trak kills before first VP. Quite a few more teeth than finished keys

Edit: Rereading the thread I guess this wasn't the case for everyone. 60 keys is a lot
  16. Wintermalo Augur

GrugSA/Mrniceguy you make your guild look worse than Vaclav makes his guild look. At least Vaclav uses his actual name. If I lead AoS I'd kick you.
  17. yerm Augur

You'd kick players based on their out-of-game forum posting habits? What a truly reprehensible way to treat your members.
    GrugSA likes this.
  18. Wintermalo Augur

Indeed I would. Every guild I've ever been in his a policy about how players conduct themselves on public forums/channels. The guy is a total detriment to the guild, and enchanters are a dime a dozen on this server. It would be one thing if the guy was just trolling around but he is the loudest voice for AoS on these forums and consistently speaks on behalf of his guild. Top guilds should let their play do the talking. People like GrugSA just make them look like a complete joke.

I guess AoS doesn't care what their members say.
  19. Rovell Elder

Resolute is one of the guilds that got its share of "welfare" teeth and we're grateful we did because more of our people got to experience VP on our first trip there.

There are two competitive segments on this server as we all know, "Open World" which AoS is King and "Set Schedule". Resolute will never compete against guilds like AoS and OGC for Open World. We're about raiding twice a week (probably three come Velious) and getting everything done on those two days. Looking at the company we keep on the Set Schedule side of things and we definitely have something to be proud of because we started on Phinigel as a brand new guild with a handful of members. It means a lot to us to keep up with tenured guilds with great histories like IVAS, EoE, MiM, CC and the many others.

As a side note, this server has been amazing. Yes the whole VP key quest spiced things up and created some pissing contests but overall I'm really glad I moved here and didn't stick to Ragefire.
  20. Vaclav Augur

Indeed Rovell - I don't think Machen was meaning it as a slight. Just pointing out reasoning why such rankings are subjective.

I personally think it's an awesome thing that AoS was doing to try to get more guilds experiencing VP rather than blocking them by seeking more BPs from Trak. I'm glad plenty of guilds got "welfare teeth" - it fosters a healthy server.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.