Modern TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Constellation, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Rhodz Augur

Trade it all for extended targeting...
    Some of the OP's points are valid as some changes were made that really improved game play beyond any association with any expansion. Many were done to legitimize UI changes that third parties created so those should be in game just as the current default UI EVERYONE is using in no way reflects what expansion is current.
    Want to go back to that little peep hole we used to have?
    Didn't think so.

As for anti-social behavior, not wanting to group, look at these forums and ask yourself would you want to groups with some of these folks?
    Not on a dare.
  2. JustACleric New Member

I'm a little curious why map editing was left out (other than I assume it was too hard to separate from the expansion?), considering you can log into a live server, mark the map, and then log back into LJ/RF/Phinny and the marking is there. Some of the changes I get, but missing QoL stuff like that is just weird to me.
  3. Healiez Augur

this x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
  4. Vanrau Augur

TLP servers are a huge mess already. Devs don't have the resources to support the live game much less the TLP servers so adding another server with a different rule set is just going to create more problems for the developers and the players. If anything, we need to get rid of some of these servers and merge them and free some time off the developers backs so they can fully support the game.

Have you seen the Daybreak bug tracker?
  5. Healiez Augur

the thing I would like that im pretty sure would have zero impact on PC power level...

Bandolier
    Click from Bags
    buffblock
  6. Tudadar Augur

You dont really understand what a disaster progression would be with overpowered mercenaries early
    Rhiyannon and Machen like this.
  7. TowerDefense Augur

Can't get behind any ideas from someone who admits they are going to quit right before the single best expansion in EQ history.
  8. Constellation Augur

It sure takes a lot of time to sell items and how many hours can you invest of your time selling in EC... It would be nice if the bazaar was available before Luclin, or if they could add a bazaar type venue in Freeport, or EC. Just like POK is live but empty maybe they can make the bazaar available at the beginning next time.
  9. Rhiyannon Augur

I flat out don't agree with mercs... they would be bad for the servers, even though I end up soloing a lot, no.
    baz- no, I know the pros and cons, but no I don't think they're really needed

banker in tunnel- yes please! but not in classic, kunark or velious would be soon enough
    mounts- gods yes, I really do miss them and they would be a plat sink(I remember waddling with carrying the money to buy my first lol)
    bandolier- yes would be very handy for the tanks
    potion belts- I'm a shammie I'm addicted to my pots and there is no cure
    click from bags- yes I miss this, a lot and don't see it that damaging
  10. Kiani Augur

Bandoliers would be a nice, quality of life change, but not game changing. Same with clicking things inside bags. I don't see the harm in adding these to existing TLPs for that matter.

Mounts and mercs would change the game, mercs considerably so, and for the worse in my opinion (mercs were one of the main reasons I quit EQ on live).
  11. yerm Augur

Who's quitting before LOY?
  12. Vaclav Augur

LoY is an amazing expansion - if only for the best PC race becoming avail.

Heck, almost entirely only because.
  13. Korillo Augur

SHAME
  14. MabbuQuest Elder

This server exists in Vulak. Go play there recruit and start a guild and play through the expansions. It's your own server Gogo.
  15. Vaclav Augur

They flip... they animate great on a mount friendly model... they show robes great... only downside is that don't show non-robe armor very well.

<3 Frogs
  16. Sinzz Augur

I think we just need a live progression server period just like combine and sleeper were less work for devs and let it roll lets see how quickly folks can unlock to 105 expac no time limits no voting no bs just a live server that unlocks after a certain things are killed, those who say no mercs rofl 90% of the folks on phinny are boxing anyways so whats the difference?
  17. Nolrog Augur

* 5. Fippy and Vulak are still TLPs.
  18. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

We've had enough TLP server ideas of the month already. Please stop with these threads.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  19. GrugSA Augur

So you like playing hairless hunchback Dwarfs with slimy skin that wear dresses... figures

Kobra likes this.
  20. Vaclav Augur

Besides Skeleton (which is great - but hinges on two premier items) - name a better looking mount friendly model! I do love old models, but mounts prevent their use for too long. =/

I can only stand stomach a handful. And the casting flips!