Hates Fury - Anniversary Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Adroxia, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Triconix Augur

Who says I was lumping all raiders in? That would be kind of silly considering I'm a raider...
    I'm referring to a mindset that some raiders have. If it doesn't apply to you, then it's not directed towards you. Simple.
  2. Battleaxe Augur

It's never been the case that all rewards are useful. If you think otherwise I have a case of Beta "rewards" I'd be happy to sell you.

When someone posts:
    I may well agree with them. But if they post that there are no rewards for non-raiders I'll happily disagree. There are.

I feel sorry for anyone who still holds a grudge over me discussing making shield use more practical for Warriors. Admittedly the poll on TSW that showed something like 14 out of 23 (omgomgomg) respondents wanting DW to be our usual weapon setup and only 9 out of 23 preferring sword and board should have warned me that this was a hot button issue and logic would be the first thing thrown out of the window (and resentment the last to disappear).

Elitist? I've been posting that 10 guilds beating expansions before the next is bad for the game/SOE should use a bell curve skewed toward success for 10 years at least.
  3. Klak Augur

I don't care about groupers at all. Does that make me elitist? :(
  4. Triconix Augur

Again with the same rants over and over? Dangit, Sheex, look what you did now!!!

Sheex was joking around because...well, you just highlighted why by referring to one of your pointless ramblings. You repeat the same garbage over and over again without ever acknowledging an opposing opinion.

Beta rewards =/= Anniversary. Testing content and given a little trophy isn't the same as celebrating an anniversary for a game that everybody has been supporting. I'd even argue that most people only do beta for their own personal advantage when it does become live, not to help support the devs, but that's another conversion.

All anniversary content has shown a benefit in game for both groupers and raiders. This year is not the case. You cannot compare two totally different things and use their outcomes as being equal.
    Imrahil, Yinla, Iila and 2 others like this.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Don't forget the privilege of paying to beta test now and still get broken things.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I used my spellbook superiority bestowed upon my class by Dev Joeyjoejoe Shabadoo at the blizzard game players anonymous summit meeting of 1976, phase 3 specifically, which I can't document but will cite repeatedly, and to boot did so without calling the dark one's attention upon me directly by using his name.

Check & mate, sir.
  7. Iila Augur

Looks like we ARE getting an off-cycle patch to fix that!
    Leex likes this.
  8. Triconix Augur

I don't see that fix in the patch notes. I do see the shield fix though.
  9. Iila Augur

They never put exploit fixes in patch notes.
    Sancus likes this.
  10. Sancus Augur

They often don't post about the exploits they fixed in the patch notes; guess we will have to wait and see.

Edit: Illa beat me :(
    Iila likes this.
  11. Makavien Augur

I know that its why our offhand cant have shield ac ) I was hoping it was a replacement for aged left eye of xygoz.
  12. Raptour_MT Elder

The aug should be available in a group task that all players have access to. I'm fine with the raid having top end raid drops available to only raiders, but the aug needs to be available to not only Hard core raiders, but casual groupers as well.
  13. Hurl New Member

Beat the event tonight, Prosperitas on FV. Since this event is up for a pretty short time, we're sharing publicly exactly the strats we used to beat it. Prosperitas is almost done with TBM raid achievements, we're a decent force, but that we're not a top guild, this strat should work for most TBM raiding guilds.

Since the 17th raid is a bit overtuned, we wanted to share the tactics in hopes that others can enjoy the loot while it's up.

Our strat post: http://prosperitasguild.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=890

Cheers,
    Hurl
    Elricvonclief, RPoo, Agrippa and 8 others like this.
  14. Iila Augur

I could see the minis around the zone dropping some slightly worse versions of the two raid augs, on the same lore group. The augs have some really high heroics, could almost cut those in half and still have worthwhile augs for groupers.

Toss in some group tiered versions of the items the boss drops, and you've got a real event for non-raiders to get cool things from.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They should put the aura fix in the patch notes, though with DBG lately it wouldn't surprise me if they fix the spell blocking and left the auras broken.
  16. iZealot Lorekeeper

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

btw, why does it say "clickies" when you get stunned for your GINA triggers?
  17. Triconix Augur

I honestly wouldn't call it an exploit. It's more of a spell data change due to their error /shrug.
  18. Fantaseyfreak New Member

There is a debuff, and it's a reminder to redo some clicky buffs.

FF~
  19. Thraine Augur

the auras aren't broken
    Jhenna_BB and Tadenea like this.
  20. Tadenea Augur

be smart time the auras so they pop when Dots spawn
    Test and you can see when this happens
    Leex and Jhenna_BB like this.