New players - pick a knight if you aren't a boxer

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Time Burner 2, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Not to mention the Russian roulette nature of SK healing with tap crits, with heavy reliance on the rng and crit luck. If lucky it can be life saving, if unlucky it effectively counteracts something stupid like 1/20th of a single round. But apparently saying anything practical or in any way negative about awesome SK self healing is claiming that taps aren't worth casting, you heard it first sir!
    Xanathol likes this.
  2. sojero One hit wonder

don't you know all knight healing is based off a paladin grief at low hp amount without any lockouts/recasts boosted with AoTI, epi,c and first spire with a max focused crit!
    Xanathol likes this.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Yes and it happens every heal we cast for the duration of raids, in the event we fizzle the Cleric dropped the ball on that heal.
    Xanathol likes this.
  4. sojero One hit wonder

What is this "fizzle" you speak of, is that something like the fabled "interrupt" that Xan speaks about?
    Xanathol likes this.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Yes, but it seems to only happen when a Warriors life depends on the heal landing.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I'd love to see people's logs with interrupt frequency highlighted.
  7. Ravengloome Augur

Granted it's an older example but I have a parse of me tanking the boss in N2 in COTF with 72 interrupts lol, I'll look for a more current (but shorter duration) parse.
  8. shiftie Augur

Game physics dictate that the harder a mob hits the more push it creates. Most interrupts aren't because you got stunned but because you got pushed and didn't channel through the movement with server delay. It has to constantly be re-evaluated because the devs always forget the impact. Elidrith had to constantly be reminded to take a look at it.

We can't even be meeker stunned and spell stun is brutal any time it happens. I'd wager push hasn't been looked at relative to mob dmg output recently.
  9. Mistatk Augur

I love all the rhetoric about how life taps and paladin group heals don't always crit and can be interrupted. Thats very cute. Let me shiftie you from rhetoric to fact.

Warriors always cast life tap and Grief for 0. It never crits ever. and its amount is always 0.

Sk with life tap, and Paladin with Grief, both have the same mitigation as warrior. Sorry your spells don't always crit though, that must be rough.
  10. sojero One hit wonder

I know there must be a Mistake in there somewhere....
    Xanathol and Sheex like this.
  11. Warpeace Augur

Well they did get that class ability right. About all they seem to understand about healing.
  12. Xanathol Augur

Knights got their AC soft cap and returns up too? When did that happen?
    sojero and Amped like this.
  13. Ravengloome Augur

Heal potions and warlords resurgence are instant sit down.
  14. Mistatk Augur

lol. paladins and sk can also use those ultra useful heal potions you speak of that heal like half a percent of HP. Warlords heals for 300per tick. Yeah, 300hp. All i an say is lol that is the best youve got. Paladins get heal spells, sk get life taps, and all 3 can use heal potions, ill just sit down then.
  15. Mistatk Augur

Perhaps you would like to return to the ac vs ac2 post, and view and comment on the fact that knights get more AC from the AA line of innate AC then warriors do. Or compare how tiny the actual AC difference is between warriors and knights. Or better yet, maybe the dev's can move your knight stance to a 1k AC boost instead of 35% mitigation, probably about balance out right?
  16. Ravengloome Augur

YOU HAVE SELF HEALING PARITY RESOLVED
  17. Ravengloome Augur

actually on some mobs a 1k AC bonus would be better than 35% mitigation, and worse on others. AC affects DI distribution, Mitigation effects the DI damage.

There comes a point where with enough of an AC increase it would outweigh the absence of reducing DI by 35%

Infact if we gained enough to shift mob DI's down by 30% (as a number off the top of my head) we would take substantially more than 30% less damage.

Your suggestion could make this even worse for warriors in comparison.
    sojero likes this.
  18. shiftie Augur

Here you go being a noob again.

We get more ac from the aa line because of the ac returns between the classes. The devs purposely made it so we get more ac on that as line as to make the aa line symmetrical post returns. That way our aa = your aa and we get the exact same benefit from the same ranks of the as line.

So yes go sit down.
    Xanathol likes this.
  19. Mistatk Augur

lol. my point is that you get identical AC returns on that AA line, and you make me sit down by pointing out that you get more ranks cuz they want you to end up with the same amount of AC after you figure the lesser returns. Amazing, who do you think your fooling? You say the same thing as me but act like your proving me wrong.
  20. sojero One hit wonder

So does every class, they gave everyone enough AC from the AA to get the same amount after you calculate soft cap returns.
    Xanathol likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.