Hates Fury - Anniversary Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Adroxia, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Klak Augur

Mad.
  2. Aghinem Augur

You mad? Enjoy the upcoming ban hammer.

Edit: PS. Its called KINGPAW ISLAND
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

Not even a little.
  4. Gumby Augur

Is that the secret tactic of doing a /buffblock on the mana drain?

Doubt that makes it past the next couple of work days.
  5. Iila Augur

Spell changes take a full patch. Can't just be hotfixed like the other changes so far. While it's possible that they push a patch to live to fix that, they seem really against doing patches outside the monthly cycle.

Roshen posted something about DBG having a goal of less server downtime this year. A goal of better QA would have been more useful than that one that just means we stew with bugs with a full patch cycle.
    Warpeace and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Drakang Augur

Hell for all I know its intended. Took all of 10 seconds for somebody to realized it. Surely Daybreak spent at least 10 seconds testing.
  7. Sindaiann Augur

Lol you sure? I'm not so sure they have taken 10 seconds to test anything lately. :)
    Sancus and Iila like this.
  8. Conjurous_AB Elder

U kinda have to buffblock the mana drain because the auras don't pop right, they pop way after u get the drain which means they are useless cus u have lost all your mana already.
  9. Thraine Augur

took us a few times to get the timing down, but we did it legitimately and beat it so don't say you have to cheat on this raid, cause you don't.

Fix this raid already Devs pls
  10. Thraine Augur

devs are testing your buffblocking skills? .. gimmie a break lol
  11. Triconix Augur

Well, it could be very problematic if your blocked buffs is maxed out like mine! ;)
    Iila likes this.
  12. Ruven_BB Augur

A lot of unintended tactics have been used, and will continue to be used on raid events.

Sneering at people who walk in the unlocked front door and grab the prize, versus entering through the cellar door and completing a maze because the dev forgot to lock the door, the fault really lies on the designer, not the players.

Least they did fix the fight so it has to be fought in the room. But the testing track record of new content is so abysmal, someone at DBG should really review their process, because as stated numerous times over each poor implementation, its really bad.

Ruven
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. MrMajestykx Augur

Auras pop tad on late side but doesnt mean cant survive till they do, proper healing will keep groups up until they do. They arent THAT late that said players will die from it.
  14. Thraine Augur

I agree that maybe DBG should test the content a bit more than they do, but there are guilds who cant scrap their way out of TBM T1 rolling in and getting the best augs in the game quite easily due to a few obvious cheats.

It was not intended to be like that im sure. If you do the event the way it was supposed to be done its actually a challenging event, hence the good rewards.

If and when they fix it, you'll see for yourself.
    Ruven_BB and MrMajestykx like this.
  15. Derd Augur

A anniversary event that anyone believes "shouldn't " be able to be accomplished by most guilds that are still raiding, is bad design. Bugged exploitable not withstanding.
    Imrahil, Vrinda, Sancus and 6 others like this.
  16. Cicelee Augur

The issue isn't the healing- that can be handled. The problem is the losing of mana. Last night I got the debuff, and started to run to the aura...

Only there was no aura there. And there wasn't until two ticks later. Which means I lost 45k mana because I was waiting for an aura to run to, instead of me losing the initial 15k mana then making my way to the aura.

I don't mind losing 45k mana because I screw up. I do mind losing 45k mana because the game screws up.

The other funny part deals with the "perma stun". Our first attempt we encountered the "perma stun" throughout the event and wiped because the blades spawned much earlier than we thought. We rez up and make our second attempt. Only this time I do not recall us being stunned between the four minis and the blades. Not once.

So either (a) if you kill the four mini in a certain order you eliminate the stun, or (b) the event is broken and some attempts you get a perma stun and others you don't. Judging by the history of these events, I am going to vote for (b).

PS- we did win the event. I do wonder if, due to the brokenness of the event, if the developers at the last week will decide to change it so that everyone who wins gets and augment. IIRC they did that with the eleventh hour augments I believe years ago. Or maybe it was a different one. I do remember them changing it later on so that everyone gets an augment. Wonder if that will be the same in this situation. I don't care either way personally but I know many in many raid guilds whose guild can win the event but, due to DKP/seniority/loot council/etc, will not have a chance this year at an augment...
  17. Klak Augur

Maybe its devs way saying that this event should be easily completed and those guilds that cant beat it need to increase their skill/knowledge of the game. :p
  18. Behelit Augur

It shouldn't be anniversary content then. I'm all for hard raids but something like this belongs as an "end zone" type event where guilds can eventually work up to it (like High Bokon and Enslaver), this is the exact same problem Plane of War raid had when it was introduced. A temporary event, that takes place in celebration of EQ's anniversary should more than likely be tuned around the idea of the majority of people beating it. The fact that its time-limited sufficiently restricts gear/augs that it doesnt invalidate TBM raiding in any major way.
    Sancus, Cicelee, Spellfire and 4 others like this.
  19. Derd Augur

Unfortunately klak, it's people like you that keeps many of us from jumping to end game guilds. Elitism,brow beating those not to your standard etc. And since you alluded to being a top 3 guild I can assume your not number 1 as only Roi, fills that position. So I want to award you the number 2 title, your guild may not deserve the title, but I feel you have all the quality of first loser, what we sports fans call 2nd. Enjoy being number 2
  20. Behelit Augur

cept Klak is in RoI... he just likes messing around on the forum

Behelit begins to cast Greater-Troll Mask Removal on Klak
    Your spell did not take hold, your target is too high level.

I tried
    Bahdah, Derd, Klak and 1 other person like this.