$100 for Clockwork Hero's Forge and $200 for Golden Armor Ornaments.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ZenMaster, Mar 16, 2016.

1. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Ok. I had to triple check to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. Is this a bug?

Sure, the actual price is lower if you buy the $85 bundle for 10000 Daybreak Cash and add in the All Acccess discount. It still seems crazy.

I think it might be totally justifiable that Golden Ornaments were part of RAF and should be outrageously priced. (I bet some players made their own 25 accounts). However, $199 seems a little crazy. To each his own.

The real tragedy is that the in-game source of Clockwork Ornaments runs only 4 times a day with dozens of players contesting. Winners only get to pick one piece. (Even if you were rewarded a full suit, everyone will compete for their alts. Christmas Armor Ornaments quest was a bit crowded but fortunately repeatable at your own pace).

I could see keeping Golden Ornaments fairly high - $100+. However, you all should revise the Clockwork Ornaments by subtracting a zero (to 990 Daybreak Cash) or placing it in the 1500-2500 range. You are probably losing more revenue (quantity of customers) with all of the players turned off by the extreme prices. Sadly, Clockwork Armor Ornaments look like the best ornaments created and further revenue is lost by fewer players buying into Hero's Forge feature or simply turning it off.

The new armor ornaments are beautiful. I am grateful Fearstone Gargoyle Contract is 225 Commemorative Coins and not $225.
  2. Matari Augur

Sounds like they are whale hunting. Good luck to them.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well in theory the RAF rewards were from people recruiting others who ended up spending mony on DBC currency right? So the player themselves... (assuming they didn't subvert the intended purpose of the RAF) didn't spend anything to acquire the armor. That being said dont really like the look of it myself so I wouldn't have bought it a the regular heroic armor price.
  4. Zaviere Augur

Between the fail Drunken Gnome Race, and the price of these HF ornament sets, I'd say this Anniversary is a pretty big flop.

I can only hope something somewhat decent may come from the raid event.
    Hiladdar and Xanathol like this.
  5. Crystilla Augur

They said on the stream tonight that the price is intentional for this to be prestigious. (Doesn't mean I agree with that price point; I don't.) But that's what they said.
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

What is the in-game source for Clockwork HF pieces?
  7. Riou EQResource

Drunk gnome race has a version that is more dulled colors
  8. beryon Augur

No way! I thought for sure it was a typo. This is insane. Why sell something no one's going to buy?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Indrigoth Journeyman

But that's the thing, it WILL sell. People with excess cash love to let other people know they have excess cash...and what better way in an MMO than wearing armor only a couple percent of people will probably buy.
  10. Blurred_Memories Augur

can buy with station cash though right? that stuff everyone gets 500 of every month?
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

The clockwork from the marketplace appears to be tradable; might be a good way to turn excess SC into play/kroon... I know someone who banked 50000+ SC under double SC bonus, back when you could buy expansions/subscriptions with it.

That was an unconscionable bait and switch by the way, tricking people into buying SC, then taking away the ability to buy what they planned to buy. SOE didn't trick me with it, but I feel bad for the people they conned.
    Cazmac likes this.
  12. Agrippa Augur

That may have been a good point, Blurred, but have they included 500 station cash for all access accounts for forty months even? Three and a half years for one ornament set?
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

3995 Daybreak Cash would be a good price point. Call it Anniversary Pack Ornaments.

Edit: For any serious buyers. Don't buy until the final day of sale. Festive Frostfell Armor Ornaments went half off on final day of sale.
  14. Roxxanna Augur

As a bonus, you can use that 10% member discount when you buy that armor as a down payment for your divorce lawyer.
  15. Zamiam Augur

lol
  16. SpamFactory Augur

For some context it used to cost a minimum of $250 for that gold suit (though this $250 was shared over 25 accounts). It's recycled from the now defunct recruit rewards program.
  17. Maedhros High King

Just 36 short months with your member discount!
  18. Brohg Augur

On Tonight's News: people with $200 to drop on an armor skin in a 17 year old MMO need "prestige" validation from that game's owners, who only heard of it last year this time.
    Sancus, Indrigoth, Cicelee and 3 others like this.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

Their marketing team knows more about what people will pay than you. The fact you are all complaining about the price says you want it. It's just a matter of if they tempt you into it or not.
    Cazmac and Sokon like this.
  20. Brohg Augur

My objection was to the validation of "prestige" that someone was offering. I totally want the armor and envy anyone to whom the juxtaposition of $200 for one skin and $10 for a month's play isn't boggling.