So I missed that they added elevator music to the Bazaar in the patch notes...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Agrippa, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Agrippa Augur

Thread title sums this up.
  2. Dzarn Developer

Interesting, the following appears to have been omitted from the patch notes:

Previously unreleased music for every Shadows of Luclin zone was recently unearthed from a dangerous trek through the studio archives. These musical pieces will now play when adventuring on Norrath's most cat-filled Moon.
  3. AlmarsGuides Augur

A reason to enable music for the first time in 10 years!

Will there be an OST release of sorts for the Luclin music?
    Agrippa likes this.
  4. Agrippa Augur

Thank you, Dzarn. The music in a good number of places is the primary reason that I still play with the volume turned on. While the Bazaar music is a bit mellow for my tastes, I'll be sure to check the other zones out.
  5. AlmarsGuides Augur

I've rocked this before:

I have been unable to find one for future X-pacs though, primarily future early X-pacs. Maybe I will raid the sound files and make my own soon
    Pirlo and Sinzz like this.
  6. Krowbar Apprentice

Music is great!! Thank you so much!
    Pirlo likes this.
  7. mackal Augur

Is there a list of the zones with music added, too lazy to try to figure out another way :p
  8. Feradach Augur

Heh. The beginning of the bazaar music reminds me of the theme song to Night Court.
  9. beryon Augur

Please tell me Shar Vahl now has howling cats as background music.
  10. Rainbowdash Augur

Now time to re-enable Plane of sky music? ;)

Shar Vahl is an amazing track. Even before this patch, someone had posted many of Luclin's bugged MIDI tracks to Youtube, Shar Vahl was a fun one.
    Zeltari-Ragefire and Prathun like this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well that log in music is lame. Used to inspire me to get out there and kill those mobs! Now I want to run thru flowers. Anyway to get an option to have the old starting music? Like in view old models. Man that was up there with the Jaws and Jurrasic Park themes.

But I did notice on logging out it was more "inspiring". Guess I will wait and see.
  12. beryon Augur

Got a link? I can't log in right now and you're making me curious. It's not showing up in searches.
  13. Silresa New Member

Wow. All this music is great! I'm touring the moon just to listen to it.. I feel really sad this wasn't there all along.. Music in MMOs can do so much to flesh out the feel or identity of a zone and it's kinda.. almost melancholy hearing all these tracks that are so late to the party, it really makes the zones feel so much more.. there.
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  14. Pirlo Augur

just logged in to say amazing job. these mp3s are really good.

ssra temple is scary, as it should be.

The Grey is very mellow and soothing. I would have switched that with Nexus.

Great discovery devs. Proving once again, good music can enhance a zone's enjoyability.
    GoD still had the best music though! :)
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  15. Pirlo Augur

Shar Vahl
    Sanctus Seru
    SSRA Temple
    The Tenebrous Mountains
    The Grey
    The Twilight Sea
    The Umbral Plains
    The Maidens Eye
    Marus Seru
    Netherbian Lair
    The Nexus
    The Paludal Caverns
    The Scarlet Desert
    Shadeweaver's Thicket
    The Acrylia Caverns
    The Akheva Ruins
    The Dawnshroud Peaks
    The Echo Caverns
    Griegs End
    Grimling Forest
    Hollowshade Moor
    Katta Catellum
    Mons Letalis
    The Bazaar
    Merchant Theme
    Vex Thal
    Shadow Haven

(some songs have 1,2 or 3 versions of it)
    roguerunner likes this.
  16. escapegoat New Member

and they tried to say Shadows of Lucin wasn't rushed =p

props to the current EQ team for fixing this old mistake instead of going with the "working as intended" line =D
    Prathun and Pirlo like this.
  17. Rainbowdash Augur

Here's one, the patch seems to have added like 2 or 3.

18. Semah Augur

THIS IS LITERALLY THE BEST
    I was having a crappy day until I read this and started listening. Thanks for fixing the oversight. :)

Edit: I use EQ music as mood music in out-of-EQ RP, and I just got a bunch of new tracks. Ssratemple!
    Prathun likes this.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It wasn't rushed. It was plagued by the older developers leaving without having provided any notes in the code or on what they were working on. So a number of quests, events, and apparently songs got lost in the confusion.
    Pirlo likes this.
  20. roguerunner Augur

woooow as usual Dzarn the hero
    Pirlo likes this.