New players - pick a knight if you aren't a boxer

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Time Burner 2, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravengloome Augur

It is is impossible to "make up for with heals" mitigation. Healing damage and preventing damage is apples and oranges. Now if you want to argue heals/ taps should be scaled down because we got mitigation that's logical I suppose. But simply crying it's not fair isn't going to make warriors more desireable in a more even tanking climate.

And further more why the hell should knights be lesser tanks just to satisfy warrior egos? Can you explain why we should be worse at our primary objective without resorting to strawman 1999 class description arguments?
  2. Makavien Augur

The only way to make a raid role for every specific class is to design an npc that each class has something that totally destroys the said npc in the event or each tank gets a bonus for their class to make them tank said npc better or to use the powerful tools they have to gain an advantage towards the npc and if they did that on every single raid in the game it would be quite boring. Basically there would be 3 bosses to tank one for each tank and each one having to be hit with a certain type of dmg along with adds from all 3 that require specific CC .

You guys did not magically gain 100% of your parent classes or anything entirely unique so, if you look at the overall game mechanics of all the classes and raids. So you are still hybrids.
  3. Kamea Augur

Let me guess. You're like Abazzagorath and think knight heals don't matter on bosses because being 1-rounding from 100% hp is how tanks die?
  4. Makavien Augur

It's not to satisfy our ego it is to keep everquest the way it has been for 17 years and why each of us chose certain classes. People chose classes because of what they had to offer that should not just change down the line when nothing is broken. The warrior class as a whole has already lost enough of what made it unique. Lets say you buy a house and 17 years later the guy that sold the house to you shows up and tears it down and builds you a shed are you going to be happy about it? Same concept.

And some of you guys think the developers were tricked or something into giving us this I had conversations going with Elidroth from house of thule till cotf before he finally said he had it figured out enough to release it. It was a long long process between him and the warrior community everything was factored in.
  5. Makavien Augur

It is kinda funny when 90% of the time when I die it is due to a lack of or mistimed heal or a lack of keeping up with debuffs and short term buffs.
  6. p2aa Augur

I'm very pleased to see that Paladins are starting to be honest. They can maintain an HP advantage over warriors except 1 min every 5 min and 2 min every 20 min, with a 24/24 Staunch Stance. This is an ULTRA VAST advantage, a sustained one, for all the MT Raid Boss duration.
    Combined with their ULTRA VAST Self healing tools, enhanced by ULTRA BIG numbers of AA that increase the power of heals they received from a GIGANTIC percentage.
    Add to this a self Armor of the Inquisitor that blows away everything, and they combine an ULTRA VAST AC advantage over warriors, with their sustained HP one advantage, and their GIGANTIC self healing own tools. Must be nice to be able to mitigate as good as warriors, while providing an ENORMOUS god mode in group content, steamrolling through every trash and named mob with a wiz merc.
    To any new players thinking of rolling a tank, Paladins can resplenish their HP bar virtually everytime, by themselves alone, given them the like of having 1 million HP more than warriors. VERY ULTRA GIGANTIC VAST powerful edge, especially during the most brutal of battles.
  7. Ravengloome Augur

That's not what I said however I have died in 2 rounds while gems were locked by burst or during GCD
  8. Makavien Augur

2 rounds is due to a lack of healing. A hp or mitigation advantage would not of saved you there either. But shield flash would of . Which is one of the biggest things you guys have needed for the last 2 years and would of been the best ability to use as a starting point to fix whatever problem you guys thought you had. By making it faster refresh just like ours and then looking at the rest of the picture.
  9. Ravengloome Augur

Field guardian is more RAC than self AOTI iirc the chart Siren posted
  10. Ravengloome Augur

Explain to me how eating a 180k round followed by a 160k couldn't have been helped by mitigation
  11. Seldom Augur

Permanent uptime mitigation, has no cast time, refresh time, no interuptions, global cool down or fizzles. No spell slots, or swift reaction times needed. To want to be in a game, where one of three tanks has a permanent gigantic mitigation advantage without having to do "anything" but equip a shield is beyond silly. It was not the case through nearly all of EQ's lifespan and got corrected. It should have never been added to game to begin. Of course you saw zero issue with such Makavien/Finalstand. Your guild has two active raiding Paladins which I'm sure you find fair and fine. If your guild fell to two active raiding Warriors, pre-patch or after, you would be putting forth an extreme effort to get more and seeing a "problem" with it. As would your entire guild. Tanks, role tanks to tank. That's all three of their roles first and foremost
  12. shiftie Augur

Just heal through it bruh
  13. Makavien Augur

14. Makavien Augur

This is one of 2 guilds I have been in in the last 2 years btw. And before the patch that gave you this we had to switch weapons and hit a button ..We have lived through plenty of events with just 2 warriors you use what you have when you are raiding your post doesn't even say anything . We usually have 4 - 6 shadow knights too. To want to have a huge no contest utility advantage and try to steal our cake while 1 of 3 tanks ONLY has a mitigation advantage (adding more hp is pretty much the same thing btw) is well beyond being a jealous hater. And also why not talk to me like a person instead of forgetting everything I have said throughout this thread and the sk thread where I made suggestions to help your classes without taking away our single class niche and the last unique thing warriors have ?

And Raven I assume you had mitigation discs up and if you didn't are you still unsure why you died ? Not running discs or aa or doing everything you can do to survive is not an excuse to get more stuff . 90% of the time I have stuff running before I try and tank especially on raids. I also inform my healers when I take aggro or at minimum use flash when I grab a random add in a fight and tell them before it is gone that I am going to take damage.

And since raven brought this up I think they should reduce all your stuff before defensive proficiency by 35% and that would make the tank classes actually balanced again . You guys ok with that ? That's heals , Self only buffs , The length you can keep things up and the amount of time you have to wait to reuse your powerful tools. And the reason I feel this way is because we was again stagnated for 5 years and DP was only given us to put us back into balance or they can just do it the simple way and make your DP 15% and heck make it unique for you make it give a 15% boost to self only heals? 2 hand also needs reduced by 50% for you or they need to add warriors to knight 2 handers since you guys were already burning higher than us which is completely backwards from the original intent of the dps order between tanks . That sound fair we don't want utility we chose warrior for a specific reason and we deserve to keep it after sticking with this class for up to 17 years.

Actually I would be ok with the 2 hand thing if they just boosted our melee damage while tanking by 20% then the recent changes would be fair along with the knight only defensive proficiency change ..
  15. Ravengloome Augur

When i said field guardian i meant Stout defense, my mistake (i rechecked the spreadsheet)
  16. Yimin Augur

Tank class is still way out of balance ,since only War can tank raid boss , hope the dervs fix this soon, and allow Knights the same mitigation levels as war ,this is only fair since they are tanks also...

Yi Min
  17. Ravengloome Augur

lolwhat
  18. Makavien Augur

This change was never meant to make us all balanced when tanking raid bosses . If your knights can't do well enough to survive on current raids go join a better guild.
  19. Time Burner 2 Augur

Knights can tank raid bosses now, with no problems - what are you talking about?
  20. Time Burner 2 Augur

Not sure what you mean by lesser tanks here. If you want knights to have ample raid boss tanking ability, I as OP ask... why ever roll a warrior if this is the case?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.