March 2016 Patch Preview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ducreux Augur

It got nerfed because it would hurt EXP potion sales on Phinigel server, where BW would have been a lucrative leveling zone prior to the nerf. By removing it players had to buy more potions to level to 60.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  2. Kiani Augur

Because it was so good that you did that? They never intended it to be that good, as they've explained, it was 3 times made a hot zone but not had the modifier removed properly afterwards, so xp in BW was much much higher than intended.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Indrigoth Journeyman

Outdoor zones are mostly dead anyways, so what if someone got a little more XP than was intended at level 35-45?

I just think resources are better spent on other things.

But I agree with Ducreux...it would hurt potion sales, so yeah, that is probably why they did it. Too convenient of timing that Phinny just got the Kunark expansion a couple weeks ago....you know the server that probably has more potion sales than all other servers put together.
  4. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Also...for the bst dots unless they lower the spell cooldown I again don't see why bsts would use dots, they put their spells on a longer cooldown than their nukes. So again...why use the dots when in the time it takes to cast one dot, in the cooldown timer you can already have 2-3 nukes fired off...

It's just me but again I see no point in bst dots.

Also, for the love of all things holy can we PLEASE MGB shared ferocity, I mean come on, if zerkers can MGB war cry A DISCIPLINE why can't we mass our attack buff...
  5. Xendakine New Member

Can you please list the zones you are planning on nerfing and if this will affect the same zones on progression servers?
  6. Mediik Augur

To be clear. If I'm reading this correctly..

Hotzones are no more?

In regards to a dungeon.. How do we know when a zone is a dungeon? I see a lot of zones that look like a dungeon that I don't think are.
  7. wiha Elder

8. Dolamight New Member

Dont forget Mana burn. Doting in a raid setting for beasties makes no sense since dots gain no benefit whatsoever from MB but nukes do. Necros got shafted on new Life burn AA's while Wiz became the number 1 ADPS class in the game overnight. Not advocating a mana burn nerf, I like it, but think you need to readdress life burn and add ADPS counters for dots ONLY similar to MB
  9. Healiez Augur

Im really optimistic about these changes. I love necro's and the concept of the class, however it was a huge turnoff to me that during raids I would have to switch spellbars multiple times to maximize DPS. That just gets crazy tedious.
  10. Neodraykl Elder

So wait...We engage in combat...from ship to ship?
    Crystilla likes this.
  11. Wyvern Lorekeeper

-- Expanding on comments from Shadowman

Anyhow looks like necros can look forward to even more nerfs with the future "improvements" to DoTs. Some of our DoT spell lines are complete crap and are never cast so we will lose even more dps by not having a better option. The new combined DoTs might be upgraded a bit, but likely not by much. I can see necro class being unplayable after this "fix" over the next few months.

Spell Lines (# of previous versions we use)

Fast DoTs [not including Swifts]: <= 30s Duration [4 spells max. after changes]

Pyre of Jorobb: 3849 / tick (we use last 3-4 versions) 30s
    Ignite Synapsis: 3314(+424) / tick (last 2 versions) 30s
    Annihilation: 2742 / tick (last 2 versions) 30s
    Dichotomic Paroxysm: 1 min. reuse, not focused

Mid-Range DoTs: 42-54s Duration [5 spells max. after changes, 4 if using Chaotic]

Glistenwing Venom: 2800 / tick (last 2-3 versions) 42s
    Plexiphara's Pallid Haze: 2367 / tick (last 2-3 versions) 42s
    Dark Leech: 1920 / tick (only 1 version, not upgraded last 2 expansions) 42s
    Liquifaction: 1787 / tick (1-3 versions, chaotic). 54s
    Pyre of the Lost: 2070 / tick (1-2 versions, chaotic). 54s
    -- Chaotic Liquifaction can cast both Liquifaction & Pyre of the Lost. Many necros use this over the single spells.
    Scourge of Fates: 2464 (3868 undead)/tick 42s (timer issue with Dich. Para.? - spell line has no upgraded version)
    Plexipharia's Grasp: 1976/tick (6 sec. cast time makes this is unusable) 42s

Long DoTs: 1+ Min Duration [3 spells max. after changes]

Smouldering Shadow: 2162 / tick (1-2 versions) 1m 24s
    Livianus' Decay: 1555 / tick (2 versions) 1m 24s
    Mortiferous Wounds: 1969 / tick (1-3 versions) 1m 36s
    Grip of Jabaum: 1719 / tick (not cast, conflicts with other class debuffs). 1m
    Splirt: crap/tick (not cast, not useful, too long, abandoned spell line) 2m

So it looks like if we cast all useful DoTs (raid or root dot) it will take up 11 spell gems. This leaves 1 gem for a DD for twin cast. No more spell swapping for more DoTs. On paper it looks ok but leaves us with very little to do other than nuke while waiting for DoTs to expire. I will feel like a shaman without heals, a crappy pet and bored with a dumbed down character. I guess we can drop 1 of the 11 DoTs for Pet Swarm or add more weak DD spells and play more like a mage. As a bonus, I am sure all your fun DoT clickies will also have conflicts with parent spells. Likely changes will make most clicky DoT dps useless and spoil the fun of getting them.

On raids where no fire, poison, etc can be cast, necros will be even more limited after spell lines are combined. GOTR nerf, weaker pets, pet swarm spell line nerf, and now necros can look forward to "DoT improvements." Not sure there will be much reason to play necro when all is said and done. We will have to wait and see. I will not be buying new expansion or subbing till I see how this pans out.
  12. Neodraykl Elder

Also, this whole thread...

[IMG]
  13. leaola Journeyman

wow I bet us druid get left out 2 times.
    our dots when I was pre fifty were nice, after fifty they seemed to slowly scale for poop. I'm betting out of all the dot classes we get the least boost even thought why back in the day we dotted SOO nice now I only nuke. even when root rotting its not worth waiting ten mins with all my dots I can load to kill one mob when I can nuke it faster and just re cast root more heck just my aa nuke could probable out dps1/2 or more of my dots.
    Oh and even at 105 we still have outdoor only spell do ANY other class still have outdoor only??? getting groups for druids was never easy but when some of our cooler spells are outside only and u want group in side only for more exp it the ldon nightmare all over again. as a drui no one wantedme in a group cause at that lvl our best spells for groups were outside only.
    thanks sony err umm daybreak no difference in druid hate I guess.
  14. menown Augur

DBG better come up with a vision for necromancers before implementing these DoT changes in the future to our class. After 11 casts we are useless until the 4 shortest duration DoTs fade. I just don't like where this is going.
    Vivamort likes this.
  15. Evurkvest Augur

For necros the big change will be the massive cooldowns on DoTs. Think about how this will change they way you play. Switch targets? Grp game? Will make game play very stiff, and probably boring. Im not worried about raid dps, that will probably be just fine.
    Double buff slots(yea i know it will be a pita to do) and scrap the big changes. Perhaps give us some usable twincast again, i would prefer AA button with counters.
  16. Wyvern Lorekeeper

With Feb nerfs, necro has lost approx 40% of raid DPS on short burns just from GOTR nerf. We now have to use half our time triggering GOTR with a DD spell. Mana burn was way OP so not going to say it was a true loss in DPS even though other classes make use of it now. I think we can expect an ~20% increase in base damage for our DoT spell lines when they are combined. This should put us below our current nerfed DPS since we can currently cast our better spells using older versions of some spell lines.

Necro Spell Lines and versions I use for RAID/Root-DoT:

Pyre of Jorobb 30s (3849 base)
    - Pyre of Marnek 30s (3325 base)
    - Pyre of Hazarak 30s (2742 base)
    -- ~14-18% difference in base damage

Ignite Synapse 30s (3314 base + 424)
    - Ignite Thoughts 30s (2863 base + 367)
    - Ignite Potential 30s (2361 base + 274)
    -- ~14-18% difference in base damage

Glistenwing Venom 42s (2800 base)
    - Binaesa Venom 42s (2419 base)
    -- ~14% difference in base damage

Annihilation 30s (2742 base)
    - Termination (2487 base)
    -- ~10% difference in base damage

Plexipharia's Pallid Haze 42s (2367 base)
    - Halstor's Pallid Haze 42s (2045 base)
    -- ~14% difference in base damage

Scourge of Fates 42s (2347 base or 3685 undead) <---> Dichotomic Paroxysm: 1 min. reuse, not focused, same timer?

Smouldering Shadow 1m 24s (2162 base) - some necros stack older versions, I don't.

Mortiferous Wounds 1m 36s (1969 base) - bonus dot on fade
    - Pernicious Wounds 1m 36s (1786 base) - bonus dot on fade.
    - Necrotizing Wounds 1m 36s (1473 base) - bonus dot on fade.
    -- ~10-18% difference in base damage

Chaotic Liquefication (Scent of Nightfall + 1 or 2 dots) - I don't stack older versions.
    -- Pyre of the Lost 54s (2070 base)
    -- Liquifaction 54s (1787 base)

Dark Leech 42s (1920 base)

Livianus' Decay 1m 24s (1555 base)
    - Wuran's Decay 1m 24s (1402 base)
    -- ~10% difference in base damage

Average change in base damage between older versions is 10-18%. When we lose those older spells, we would need an estimated increase of 82-90% (even higher for lines we use more than one previous version) in the parent spell's base damage to reach our current dps level. This is NOT taking in consideration AA and other focus effects. I would think we can expect at most a 20-35% increase in the parent spell base damage. We will go from ~20 DoTs to about 12 and with less total base damage (~40% fewer DoTs).

Looks very messy to sort this all out in a balanced way. Necros will need Swift DoTs unlocked, made twin castable, allow use of all 5 swift spells, and remove raid restriction to help fill the time. Reduce the duration on some of our DoTs would help also. Wounds spell line I would like to see around the 42-54s duration.
  17. Spamilton Journeyman

Well, Necros will be much easier to play now which some may think is good, but a lot of necs resist this kind of change because currently you are able to separate yourself from others if you know what you are doing. After this change, it will take a lot less effort to parse well. At least it will be nice being able to use some of the spells that currently don't get a lot of use. I just worry that they won't get the numbers right. We shall see.
  18. Draego Augur

This raises a concern especially for Rangers in particular as the majority of ALL their DoT's are within the same "Magic" line of spells.

While I do not claim to speak for all Ranger players, I am speaking for myself and a select few whom I know use similar spell line setups.

For example both of my Rangers utilize the following setup:
    1. Quick Heal
    2. Vine Lash
    3. Focused Arrow
    4. Arc Arrow
    5. Non-targeted Arrow
    6. Magic DoT
    7. Magic DoT
    8. Magic DoT
    9. Magic DoT
    10. Misc DoT
    11. Flusterbolt
    12. Blusterbolt
    With regards to issue #4 Rangers really only have ONE real line of DoT's so by enforcing this decision you are effectively eliminating a Ranger's ability to maximize their DoT power.

Are there plans to give Rangers a variety of DoT's such as expanding their Fire based (with retro 50'ish and forward, since the last Fire DoT I seem to have is the Level 44 Immolate) and Misc DoT's?

What about adding Frost and Poison based DoT lines - with retro levels for lower level Rangers (since Rangers have both Frost and Poison based AAs for their arrows it only makes sense)?
  19. menown Augur

Wouldn't this change benefit your Ranger then? If the changes are similar to what they did for Beastlords, then your top 3 magic DoTs will be consolidated. You will lose the DPS of your 4th best magic DoT, but you now gain the time it takes to cast 3 extra DoTs and 3 more spell gem slots. I would think that these benefits outweigh the dps from your 4th best magic DoT. Plus there is faster ramp up time.
  20. Greyvvolf Lorekeeper

This isn't raising a concern with me, lol at all. Ranger dots are laughable and a waste of a spell slot for DPS purposes, my personal opinion, and my parser agrees with me. Even if Ranger dots, fire or magic based, were made comparable to the Druid Nature's Fiery Wraith line... I probably still wouldn't use it.

Even though yeah this would effect all dots in game, lol this really is no concern for our class. Mem fire nukes, hit Scout's Mastery of Fire and Elements, and leave the dotting to the Necros.

Frost Arrows for one, is a DD, not a DoT, and you'd have to be ranging for either to work. Not something that gets done a lot, either, unless you're just solely boxing the class and you /autofire, /afk.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.