Account banned? No idea why?...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Cantari1234, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Cantari1234 New Member

Hello,

So I just got back into EQ after a few year break as I have done the past 15 years, logged in and bought some kronos and station cash.

A few days later (today) I tried to log in and my account is banned?!? No idea why and no email or anything? Just spent over 50 bucks and within days I am banned for some odd reason I can't figure out?

I created this new account and submitted a ticket but have not gotten a response back.

Any help please???
  2. Sinzz Augur

credit card declined or charge back
  3. Sinzz Augur

credit card declined or chargeback or some issue with payment would be my guess
  4. Cantari1234 New Member

Yah I initially tried to order with my credit card but my card company didn't like it for some reason so I just used paypal to buy the station cash and kronos, but that went through with no issues. Little frustrating.
  5. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

It may take up to 7 days to get a response since they cut CS staff back in February of 2015. Try to be patient and don't create a charge back or they will ban your account permanently. They will eventually get to your ticket and fix the issue it just takes a lot longer these days.
  6. Picaresque Augur

Your message is a prime example of how information is trickled out to the forum as opposed to being together in one place. First you mention buying the stuff, then mention that a few days later you are banned.

Later messages let us know that you first tried a credit card that was declined and then went to paypal and that went through.

I understand that you are frustrated, but if we are to offer any advice that would be truly helpful, the complete timeline in the first message would be a very pleasant piece of information.

For now, it would appear that your banning crossed paths with the paypal purchase (which from my experience is almost instantaneous) and it is likely that customer service will straighten it out in time. By the way, you don't say if your account is F2P or all access and if the latter, how you were set up to pay for it.
  7. Sinzz Augur

sounds to me like you went to paypa,l paypal declined card as well then tried backup funding then that got declined and db was sent the decline and you got banned . possible a pay after delivery, you received items aprox 14 days ago when they went to charge the charge somehow got borked
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

Cazmac likes this.
  9. Cantari1234 New Member

The reason the payment decline didn't come out initially is because i had no idea it was even relevant or if it even is... I ordered some Kronos and over 30 some hours later I still did not have the kronos so I submitted a ticket.

Here is the correspondence between myself and the CSR yesterday morning, the day my account got banned:

Greetings cantari22,

Thank you for waiting. It looks like a purchase failed due to an invalid security code. However, another purchase was completed right after that was successful and the account currently has 2 Krono in its balance. If you have any more questions or concerns, please let me know.

Regards,

TSR Thomas N.
    Daybreak Games

That correspondence was the morning of the day my account got banned. Makes no sense. If I got banned because that initial payment failed because I inadvertently put the wrong 3 digit code for my CC, that is ridiculous.

My account is an all access account.
  10. Rhiyannon Augur

a week or so ago, they did the same to me, because I bought multiple pots and some cash while the discount was on... claimed it was auto-flagged for fraud(this I learned after all the emails)... 18 emails later it was straightened out. but no email, nothing, just left me hanging not knowing why they cut me off. lovely customer service.
    Cazmac likes this.
  11. Cantari1234 New Member

Nice... how frustrating.

How long did they take to answer you? I submitted a ticket on Monday and still nothing.
  12. Rhiyannon Augur

ended up posting on the eq2 forums since I play both games, one of their devs contacted me and helped.
    Cazmac likes this.
  13. Cazmac Augur

Shouldn't have had to do that! I think the Customer Service link is not publicised enough....I wonder why? :D
  14. Rhiyannon Augur

took a full day... but, I raised a stink.
    Sinzz likes this.
  15. Sinzz Augur

a Canadian raising a stink? baah unheard of :)
    Rhiyannon and Ghubuk like this.
  16. Tudadar Augur

So any reason they cant tell people in a email why they are banned when they do it?

I think sometimes bans seem to be used as security locks but that should be fixed and it should say something else if thats the case. Ban = gone forever bye. Security lock = answer our questions.
  17. Tweelis Augur

Prime reason why game companies don't disclose reasons for a suspension is if a cheater is using multiple cheats and the game company calls them on one thing but not other cheats said person will then know how to circumvent anti cheat code better.
    Enkel likes this.
  18. Tudadar Augur

They send a email w/ the reason for a suspension