Test Update 03/09/16 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Arcturion, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Arcturion New Member

March 9, 2016

*** Items ***

- Corrected an error that allowed some items to ignore recast timers when they were placed in a key ring.
    - Fixed an issue with the Dragonscale Skystrider Scales familiar that allowed more than one of these to be summoned at a time.
    - Corrected the spells attached to the Fabled Ball of Golem Clay so that it stacks better and obeys the recast timer.
    - Transmogrification Scroll is now named Race Change Scroll. Hero's Forge Armor Crate is now named Hero's Forge Suit Consolidator.
    - A lore conflict has been resolved with augs inside of key ring items and the parcel system.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls (Group & Raid) - Added messaging to the Aura of Pain mechanic. The characters struck by the auras will see a custom message and a raidwide message will also indicate which two characters were targeted.
    - Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls (Raid) - The event will now reset properly.
    - Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls (Raid) - Corrected a bug that would cause Anashti Sul's corpse to vanish on success, again, for real.
    - Anashti Sul, Lady of Life (Raid) - Corrected some typos in the names of the achievements.
    - The Mechanical Fortune Teller in the Plane of Knowledge has information for you regarding the 17th Anniversary events!

*** Spells ***

- Fixed a bug with the shadow line of no affect spells being overridden by spells with AC in the first slot.
    - Beastlord - Changed Scorpion Venom, Turepta Blood, Chimera Blood, Diregriffon's Bite, Malaria, Festering Malady, and Fever Spike to instant cast like the rest of their spell lines.
    - Beastlord - Converted poison DoT lines (Scorpion Venom), disease DoT lines (Malaria), and cold DoT lines (Edoth's Chill) to a new system. All spells will now do more damage per tick, but a single caster can no longer stack other spells in the same line on the target. This change will increase DoT damage overall while using fewer debuff slots.
    - Monk - Increased the skill damage percentage and minimum damage amount added by Eye of the Storm.
    - Monk - Increased the damage amount added to attacks by Dichotomic Form.

*** NPC ***

- The Keeper of Lost Things in Shadowrest has retired, permanently.

*** Progression Servers ***

- After some historical review, we have changed the expansion at which the Temple of Cazic-Thule becomes the Accursed Temple of Cazic-Thule from Velious to Luclin.
    - Removed the requirement to wake the Sleeper in order to start the countdown to open the Shadows of Luclin.
    - The version of Mitigation of the Mighty on Kunark bosses will have a less severe Spell Threshold damage reduction. The version of Mitigation of the Mighty on Velious bosses will have no Spell Threshold damage reduction.
    - Test Server: Original era, Kunark, and Velious bosses should now spawn on the Test server in the same way they would spawn on progression servers.
    - Bosses in Phinigel instances have regained their Mitigation of the Mighty buff.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- PvP is now disabled in instances on the Zek server.
    - - Some instances may still have PvP enabled.
    - In raids, you can now set all items to automatically be marked as free grab when using the advanced looting system.
    - - This is done by setting the loot type in the raid options window to ""Entire Raid"".
    - - The other settings in this window are currently ignored when using advanced looting.
    - Added the 'Increase Windowed Gamma' option to the advanced display options window.
    - - This setting will apply dramatically increased brightness when the client is in windowed mode with 'Windowed Gamma' disabled.
    - - This is intended to correct the brightness of the game for desktops with relatively dark default settings.
    - - This setting is off by default.
    - The music that plays between launching the game and entering the world from character select is now randomly selected and will change each time you return to character select.
    - The following sound settings will now be saved on a per character basis. If a character does not yet have their settings saved they will default to the values already set by the last character that was logged in:
    - - Sound Volume
    - - Music Volume
    - - Sound Realism
    - - Combat Music Enabled
    - - Environmental Sounds Enabled
    - Cleaned up how all INI files are handled in the client to use a more efficient method.
    - Corrected a zone crash that could occur when players were under the effects of Fear.
    - Unusual precipitation isn't just for the Plane of Fear anymore. You may notice strange rain in other zones as well.
    - Found and corrected many zones that had never had their experience modifiers reset from when they were Hot Zones. The following zones have had their Zone Experience Modifier lowered to match other zones in their era: Acrylia Caverns, The Burning Woods, Crypt of Dalnir, Dragon Necropolis, Dreadspire Keep, The Great Divide, Iceclad Ocean, Mons Letalis, Nagafen's Lair, The Overthere, Ssraeshza Temple, Stonebrunt Mountains, Valdeholm, Wall of Slaughter
    - The following zones have had their Zone Experience Modifier increased to match other zones in their era: The Temple of Cazic Thule (both versions), Chardok, Dranik's Scar, Frontier Mountains, Grieg's End, Kurn's Tower, Najena, Riwwi, Coliseum of Games, The Ruins of Sebilis, Solusek's Eye, The Estate of Unrest, Velketor's Labyrinth

*** UI ***

- You can now opt out of the automatic master looter calculation for grouping and raiding in /advloot's loot settings window.
    - - This will not prevent you from being designated the master looter by the group or raid leader.
    - - If everyone in your group or raid deselects the master looter candidate check box, the master looter will be chosen as if everyone has the candidate checked.
    - When a zone repops due to a scripted event, items in the advanced loot window will now properly clear out instead of remaining until they expire.
    - The color and filters tabs of the options window have been replaced with a single Chat Settings tab which can now be sorted and filtered.
    - Removed support and UI for the old EQ Players service.
    - The Max Results Per Trader field in the bazaar window will no longer reset itself between opening and closing the window.
    - Fixed an issue causing Drakkin player characters of any heritage other than Atathus the Red to show as that heritage to other player clients.

- Changed -

EQUI_AdvancedDisplayOptionsWnd.xml
    EQUI_KeyRingWnd.xml
    EQUI_LootSettingsWnd.xml
    EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml

*** Previously Updated ***

- Corrected an issue that caused some early-game raid bosses to spawn without their loot.

- The EverQuest Team
    Sinzz and Xanadas like this.
  2. Iila Augur

First, what's an Arcturion? And where's our Hludwolf?

Second, what kind of labyrinthine code process gets to this two years after it was requested, one year after a dev response, but months after every Zek.player in my serverwides disappeared?

Advloot changes look good, though.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

You people are aware that Wall of Slaughter is the CURRENT level 70 hot zone and Burning Woods is the CURENT level 45 hotzone, right? Reducing the ZEM in a current hotzone seems kinda...dumb.
    Yinla, Hiladdar and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Hludwolf Developer

Hello!
    Crystilla, Yinla, Axxius and 7 others like this.
  5. Warpeace Augur

He is alive!!!
    Miss_Jackie and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. segap Augur

Two months with no updates to group itemization. Are we to assume it's being left as is now? No fixes for half the classes who are better off with TDS chest and leg items? No adding type 9 2h weapon augs for other classes? No fixing things like attack, avoidance and other mod values that are much lower than even 3 expansions ago? Is it intended that rare drop items off named are for the most part worse than extremely common scaling items? Should the vendors be split the way they are (planar augs in PoT, planar armor in PoH, non-planar augs in PoH and non-planar armor in PoT)? Is it intended that you need to get the rare drop items you will never wear to get the upgraded clickie (if that slot is upgraded) and you then get the one you will wear from scaled drops? Will this itemization system ever make sense?
    Gumby, Xanathol, Spellfire and 3 others like this.
  7. Prathun Developer

Yes. The modern implementation of hot zones applies a percentage bonus to the zone's experience multiplier via script. In the case of some hot zones that used the old method of modifying their ZEM directly that were never reverted to their original ZEM, they received a double bonus. In the case of Burning Woods, which was bumped up twice and not reverted, it was a triple bonus.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Well it is what it is and most people don't use the older hot zones anymore anyway unfortunately.
  9. Numiko Augur

The list of zones changed is different than the one that Roshen posted in reference questions about exp changes that were noticed in the last patch. (mostly on the TLP servers)

are these new changes in addition to the last set of corrections? or just duplicate information.

Will the zones mentioned now but were not on Roshen's list also be changed on the TLP servers?
  10. Iila Augur

Which servers do you think these changes are aimed at?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Prathun Developer

Note that Roshen's post indicates which zones were hotfixed to change their ZEM.
    The zones specified in the patch notes is the complete list of zones being changed for the March update. These ZEM changes affect all servers. It's worth noting that progression servers have not and do not get the scripted exp bonus for hotzones.
    Tudadar, Yinla and Numiko like this.
  12. Elricvonclief Augur

Looks like a great patch, Zek players are gonna love it.
  13. Celara New Member

okay that mitigation buff on the velious mobs is pretty serious. It actually affected the melee characters more then my chanter pet.
    Fight on Sontalak back in February - we did 84,314 damage to him merc tank did 78.2 dps a second, 70 monk did 224.8, 60 monk did 62.8, my chanter pet did 72.5 (level 75 pet) and 77 chanter did 48.8

This fight we did 354,138 damage, merc tank (same level) did 74.3 dps a second, 73 monk did 158.9 (added 3 levels and lost almost 70 dps per second), 68 monk did 55.1 (gained 8 levels lost 7 dps per second), chanter pet (same level) did 67.6 dps per second, and 77 chanter did 81.5 (longer fight could nuke more)

That's going to be painful on the TLP servers
  14. Kravitz Augur

You mean the Zek player not "players". Only one person playing on Zek:p
  15. Fidde Lorekeeper

I could kiss you. I am the Zek player and this is a long time coming. We can dps now and ae mez!
    Yinla and PrathunEQ like this.
  16. Reval Augur

Wudan will love riding on this one last piece of my coattails for the rest of their in game lives. Maybe it'll make them a viable raiding guild. If you'd flipped the bit earlier, you could have kept an incredible and unique server worthwhile.

Unfortunately though, 90% of the players that were a reason I kept playing on Zek are gone now. When I said it was too late, I meant it.
  17. Silv Augur

They all quit because it was asked for years ago and never happened (till now I guess). So... more resources wasted. Very reminiscent of TLP...
    Hiladdar and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  18. Reval Augur

I would love to hear how difficult it was. I'm being dead serious, if I could see the code changes and what had to happen, that would be the first experience in eq aside from one petition that was answered quickly that I've ever had that I would rate as "customer service".

Until I can see that, since we all have no idea, I'm going to go with the original "all they had to was flip a bit" stance on it. I really doubt it took that much effort, even though I know things can be made complex easily in the world of software, and especially in the world of old software.

I wouldn't put Zek in the same boat as TLP. My guild and server suffered from TLP being implemented just as much as any blue server if not much more. The change is a good idea, it's just probably too late to do it. If they had done it earlier, they could have saved a server that may have had lower population than your average server, but had some real diehards that played for years. I estimate my guild alone made this company well, well ,well over $250,000. I think overall instead of TLP just wanting stuff without having really paid for it, it's more like the people on Zek paid for this change by probably around Omens of War, but just never received their due. Getting your due and freebies are pretty separate. Blue servers deserve more too, but it should come in the form of more done, not a larger piece of a pie that for whatever reason is smaller than it should be =/.
  19. Progress Augur

Maybe I missed it, but I do not see a fix for HARM TOUCH. There are zone that I can't exp in and mobs I can't even pull due to being one shot but a double damage harm touch or a mob that can chain cast harm touch....These comments are specific to Phinigel, but I believe the issue affects other servers as well.
    Xanadas likes this.
  20. Iila Augur

But we don't get rounded by doubled HTs! And our heals cast faster than 10s. So it doesn't matter.