Enchanter... what is your primary role on raids?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Maxxbuff1, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Ravengloome Augur

Did they fix them all in the months I've been gone?
  2. Maxxbuff1 Elder

Nothing I have stated was worth nerfing. Now, this is why I am not sure what you guys are reading... but it started and ended with our role and what do we do for the majority of our time on raids. Asking about representation with DB concerns you? Again, the math doesn't lie... A healthy class need communication with developers. This is not POP where we needed nerfs. Facts are facts and the original post stands. I'll leave it at this.... if you want to cower in the corner and hope to not be noticed... so be it.

And if you READ, of course I've done all raid and group content.....
  3. Vivamort Augur

It doesn't matter what a player thinks is nerf-worthy or what isn't nerf-worthy. That won't stop the nerfing.
    Silv likes this.
  4. Silv Augur

Maybe. Maybe not.
  5. Reval Augur

Yeah, nerf an enchanter. Even if you don't know why, they'll know.

You guys come straight out of a comic book.
  6. Silv Augur

Congrats, you get my first ":rolleyes:" of the day.
  7. Reval Augur

I actually have no idea what exactly that expresses as far as good or bad.
  8. Brudal Augur

Definition of eye-rolling in English:

noun

The action of rolling one’s eyes, typically as an expression of exasperation, disbelief, or disapproval:
  9. Reval Augur

I assume that it's really an eye roll of approval. No one could roll their eyes that much in disapproval. You know, like the nintendo seal of whatever.
  10. Blurred_Memories Augur

I know, but it's not necessary so I don't get to.
  11. Blurred_Memories Augur

Guys, please don't expect your words to help much. Remember, you're arguing with this guy ^
  12. Reval Augur

But have you seen his stats though?

I too sometimes have a level of bravado that can be impressive, but beneath it all I'm a serious, down to earth, good hearted person. I don't like devaluing people's opinion on other things based on what I perceive to be their opinion of themselves. Anyone can have a valid point.

I agree that change is scary and right now not every change that is done ends up being a good change, but having played a pet class, I currently like where pets are at in game at this point. I know people will say otherwise, but from what I have seen in game, it's good.

I also am fine with no major changes happening to the class at this particular point in time. I'm not saying that out of some nerf fear for a class that I like but don't play anymore. I still think that in the end, attention given to a class in more cases than not will improve the class. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but going off of that assumption, other classes are in worse places than enchanters, and could probably genuinely use the help.

I never went to the irc to ask about sanguine mind crystal because based on the response, it really wouldn't have done anything for blue servers (but let's be fair, the amount that they nerfed it was pretty stupid, huh? Why not just literally make it cost station cash to use at that point and delevel your char every use lol). It felt really difficult to even argue points that are beneficial to blue servers because people just go "ignore this guy, he play(ed) on zek, so whatever he wants definitely isn't in our best interests", and that's shallow of people but it was reality.

But I think you need people that are willing to push for something new, or the class will stagnate eventually. I'd say if the game lasts that long, give it a year or 3, and then let some good new ideas come through. Hopefully at that point, the type of person that will make a suggestion is still around to make one :eek:
  13. Blurred_Memories Augur

I feel the same way, so please, allow me to clarify. I'm not devaluing his opinion on other things based on his opinion of himself. I'm devaluing his opinion on other things based on the criteria by which he validates his opinion of himself.

~b
    Strawberry Unicorn and Brohg like this.
  14. Reval Augur

I disagree. I don't want to overvalue bad attitudes but the most interesting and potentially fun ideas I remember for any change in the game came from people that either greatly overvalue or greatly undervalue themselves. To do that, they have to rationalize it by something, be it stats or their ability to do a shoryouken as an old model iksar. Usually the ones that overvalue themselves will publicly state the ideas.
  15. Blurred_Memories Augur

I definitely see your point. But I would appreciate some examples of such to restore my faith. All I can currently think of coming from people like that are more in the negative and whiny category. Though I suppose in light of recent events, it might be a bit difficult to be creative and interesting while at the same time having to react to changes that are both frustrating and disheartening.

~b
  16. Maxxbuff1 Elder

Good job taking part of the conversation to make some non-existing point, keep in mind this was in response to being told to go back to enchanter 101..... just for once again stating facts. Because it takes brains and ability to do math on that thread, you could not get there... so be it. I went on to say that it was not about me or you, but about the improvement of our class, right after a huge nerf patch.

The validity of this very thread is also lost somehow and made personal once again. It started with role and representation, of which one was not answered, and the other requires a person to do some math again...add up your spells caste for a week of raids, divide the number of nukes by that total, and do the same for others and see what you do "majority" of the time... if it you can make it something different, let me know.

Yup, you are really contributing with post like this!
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Any time anyone preaches their own greatness at this stupid game, what they say should be taken with a bit more skepticism than usual. Does it necessarily invalid everything they say? Of course not. Is it reasonable and logical to question why this person feels the need to boast to other strangers on the internet about their gaming skills? And that said behavior lowers their credibility in general? Sure is.

Saying you're the best at EQ is like someone at the Special Olympics talking smack...both funny and sad at the same time.
    Blurred_Memories and sojero like this.
  18. Maxxbuff1 Elder

Where is "The Best" mentioned in there... or does it say "considered one of" ?

And once again, it wasn't a preach, it was a response... anyone can cut and paste a conversation to make themselves seem right. It is the context that matters....
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If you want to play the semantics game, have at it. Feel free to replace "the best" in my above quote with "considered one of the best" and the reasoning doesn't change.

Have you also played since 1999? Don't forget to remind us of it, if so!
  20. Maxxbuff1 Elder

My point doesn't change either. If you have issues with that post, feel free to read the thread, understand the content, and reply to it, since it is ancient. Not this one.