Good God Quit Whining

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aurmoon, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurmoon Augur

I think I've reached the snapping point. Nearly every thread on these forums, in all section, has become a major whine fest. I've never before seen such a massive collection of complaints. Quite frankly, it is embarrassing as someone who plays and loves this game.

Everquest, 17 years later, continues to put our new content. in that time, countless MMORPGs have been released and shut down. As far as I'm concerned there is NO ONE more qualified than the EQ team to determine how to create a sustainable game. So please quit these chicken little statements that "the mass exodus is coming" because your guild's two necros are upset their DPS went down, or because you wanted a 5th double xp weekend in two months because a different game was given it this weekend. The incessant whining does nothing other than make it clear to a returning player that they shouldn't resub and give EQ another try, and that doesn't help anyone.
  2. Reval Augur

Ironically, what are you doing?

Most of my complaints were because of lack of any real effort put in to save a server that is now basically dead. So...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Nolrog, Vdidar, Faana and 4 others like this.
  3. Downtoplow Journeyman

4. Utaerx Elder

Whining about whining. The EQ Live boards have gone full on Meta.
    Vdidar, Sinzz, Elricvonclief and 2 others like this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Complaint thread about complaint threads is deliciously ironical. A+

But you're absolutely not wrong.
  6. Rhodz Augur

Eat your gruel and shut-up...
    Heh or throw it back in their face...
    Same thing... nothing works
    Faana likes this.
  7. Potawatomi Augur

Quit whining.

Also, length of operation doesn't equal unmatched qualification...
  8. Funk Augur

Funny part is it's probably under 50 forum addicts that argue, troll, and whine. The same people over and over getting into every thread, every conversation, every idea posted.

You forum addicts know who you are!
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Of all the Krusty Brand products, this might be my favorite:
    Rhodz likes this.
  10. Zamiam Augur

Whining , because in todays society the majority of people want things given to them.. and when it is not they whine .. love the OP post :p whining about whining.. priceless .. I give this another page of posts before it turns into another Necro/mage/warrior/dps thread
    Geroblue and Sinzz like this.
  11. Reval Augur

Downtoplow really made this thread something of value.
  12. Arcainos Augur

While I understand what you're saying, I think you're looking at it backwards.

It's because people love this game so much, it upsets them so much when parts are dragged through the mud with shoddy releases, bugs, and lack of/lackluster content.
    Lily, Utaerx, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  13. Faana Augur

Aside from the necro whining, the gist of it is, in screaming, "DON"T LET OUR GAME DIE! CAN"T YOU SEE WHAT"S GOING ON????" They're hoping for a turn-around.
  14. Ruven_BB Augur

"I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night.....He's gotta be strong.... And he's gotta be fast.....And he's gotta be fresh from the fight!"

Quote shamefully stolen from a guildie that quotes it regularly during raids.

Ruven
    Funk likes this.
  15. ~Mills~ Augur

You're guilded with Bonnie?

Faana likes this.
  16. Zamiam Augur

Footloose rawr!!!!
  17. Silv Augur

Really, you didn't pick Total Eclipse of the Heart? For shame! (I realize it was a response to Ruven though :p)

As for the OP - the cries and tears of the vocal minority have managed to get massive changes reversed/re-tuned/implemented since the dawn of EQ history. If it wasn't semi-effective it probably wouldn't happen as often.
  18. Smellyogres New Member

TBH as a returning player.... well returning twice now and quitting twice since 2007. I can honestly say that the boards have not caused me to quit donating money to this game. That is what it is at this point, a donation. I enjoyed this game for many years before being lured away to other MMOs. I came back just before CoTF and was actually enjoying the game and then the HA nerf bat and lackluster expac TDS. I cancelled 4 subs. I came back about 2 months ago just to see how things have changed since Daybreak was doing with it. Luckily I played on test and have not donated any money to the cause since my last sub cancellation. Rolled a necro because I always wanted to play one... guess what? They broke the necro class. 0/10 will never do it again. The whining on the boards are not causing returning players to not return. Its the game
    Rhodz and Faana like this.
  19. Rhodz Augur

The inability to recognize the difference between valid and invalid criticism is a trademark of faulty management not the forums. I will bet almost any long term player can tell the difference even if they may not like or agree with the premise.
    It is assumed by some that its the forum posts that are the cause of some of this for good reason, near zero communication from DBG concerning anything more important than "cats in a sack". That is not a forum a problem...
    Faana likes this.
  20. Lizzarn New Member

The only person you can control is you. So, thinking about that, what can you do to avoid whining on the forums?

If I was tired of the forums I would not visit them.
    Lily and Geroblue like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.