[DEVS] A plea to Instance either Ragefire or Lockjaw?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tuurgin, Feb 17, 2016.

1. GrugSA Augur

You had free xfers to RF you stayed and some of your guild is people who fled during those free xfers. You had a chance to reroll with the rest of us, you stayed. It's okay man i would stay on LJ, you couldn't hang with the big dogs on Phinny.
  2. Darth Augur

Most of Phinny is made up of people that couldn't hang with us, in fact half of the top guild on Ragefire currently also ran from us.

It's ok man. You had to tuck tail and run I get it. I'd puff my chest out and yell loud to to feel less emasculated too.
  3. GrugSA Augur

HAHAHAHAAHA

Spoken like the pup you're, all bark and no bite.
  4. Kittany Augur

Fix't that for you :p
  5. Machen New Member

Lol. Just, lol.

Neither of these things has happened in the last 5 years, certainly not since DBG has even existed.. But feel free to keep waiting.
    Punchu likes this.
  6. Rhiyannon Augur

i've worked in game design, which is how i know what can be involved, you assuming they would drop everything just because you have an idea, i would think would be far more insultng... but hey keep smoking whatever. i'll just keep being amused by your asinine ideas.
  7. Greyowl Augur

If you wanna be "someone" to those last few thousands that play TLP EQ, you either dominate open world mobs on Phinny, or go home. I mean really, who cares for RF or LJ anymore.
  8. Dobs Elder

The real competition is in my mind on phinny. Ragefire and lockjaw is all about who can run most boxes on one computer. Theres no competition in that, only griefing and cookblocking.

/Meemers
  9. Kiani Augur

Except there's not really any competition on Phinny either, because most guilds are happy with just their instanced content.
  10. Storytimebros Elder

There is no real competition until the Gates of Discord expansion. Everything before that is just a run around circus of who has more active followers. Server firsts, locking down content, drama, and everything that goes along with that is just an illusion to the players with the biggest egos. You want the real competition, find a guild that will outlast all of this until 54 man instanced content. Get 54 people to log in to beat that content as fast as possible, break the previous progression servers records, and farm it efficiently till the next expansion. That is called progression. What we are doing now is called stalemating content to unlock at a snails pace till then.
    code-zero likes this.
  11. Tulgin Augur

Until they introduce different difficulty modes for raids, there will never be PVE competition. That's why so many people get bored and quit.
  12. Zhutuak Augur

Yes, I would have re rolled on Phinny if they have enabled UI boxing. It almost seems silly to me that they enabled no 3rd party software and instancing on the same server because quite frankly, instancing allows one to escape the issues caused by the third party software crowd, for the most part. I have to assume you are not being locked out of farming trash mobs in hate or fear so this seems almost redundant to me however imo no one should be allowed to use emulating software. If you are going to play the various accounts, the actually play them, make a key stroke for every actions, not one keystroke for 24 actions, or what have you. This makes the playing field very un level, obviously.

So for me, it really wouldnt have to be Phinny w/ UI boxing, LJ w/ instances would be just fine.
  13. Darth Augur

What guild are you in on Lockjaw?
  14. Zhutuak Augur

Not sure what this has to do with anything. I am un guilded, have been the majority of my mmo playing time which spans close to 16 years, starting w/ eq in 2000. Currently I have an alliance with some small guilds and other boxers where we help each other attain epics. I am a Zord kill away from being 4/6 epics and the 2 wiz staffs (which I am not anticipating happening anytime soon, least gnarled anyways) away from being 5/6 toons w/ epics.

The main reason I am doing my small alliance is because I am in position to help other people who might not be able to attain their epics because they are in similar situation as myself, they prefer no or very small guilds. I feel there needs to be a counter balance to all the bad mojo these servers have spewed, even if it is a losing battle.

Thus far I have helped a ranger get his epic via two free `s, a shaman get his epic with another on its way and have given away both Magi staff`s I have managed to come across. Many in the alliance are still just beginning the climb to sixty much less their epics so there will be more, my health providing that I can be a part of it. Too much time sitting in the computer chair over the years has taken its toll, nerve damage among other things might curb my ability to help others achieve their in game goals without having to face the insanity.
  15. Bambam Bigelow Journeyman

the amount of crying here. goddamn
  16. Darth Augur

This Insanity, I say you face it. Face it less, and all your dreams could come true.

So basically you're admitting that instances wouldn't actually help you then, since you can't even kill VS to get a wizard staff epic. News Flash the last week has seen multiple go to "Bitter" from Dead Halfling Society. You too with your small alliance could get raid mobs, if you tracked them, learned their spawn timers, and actually tried.
  17. Punchu Augur

They did put xfer potions on for half off about a week after all of echoes paid to transfer to Fippy. Lol.
  18. Zhutuak Augur

This has nothing to do with why I want instancing. It is more so I can play the game with friends without having to deal with elitist jerks like yourself. I would not have to deal with your guilds unintentional training, nor would I have to deal with your members intentional sniping of npcs because they feel entitled to the npc just because they knew when the last turn in was.

The game has deteriorated so much without a pnp because people like yourself can not seem to control themselves. They can not seem to adopt a personal pnp policy and play by it so the only real alternative is from those who are adversely affected by the immaturity is to play in an instance where we can not be affected by your or someone elses inability to play nice.

It has nothing to do with being able to or attempting raid bosses. This would always come at the appropriate time, provided a mage army or someone like yourself who leads a superior force had no desire for the npc in question.
  19. Venthos Augur

Translation: Instead of putting forth our own effort to achieve rewards, we demand that you self-handicap and arbitrarily stop playing the game to afford us catered convenience at our preferred pace.

To be clear, I love instancing on Phinigel. But the "reasons" Zhutuak cites are just hilarious, as if the power guilds are "being mean". I wanted instances so I didn't have to put forth the effort and race/sock. I acknowledge this is for my own personal convenience. However, I don't turn around and go "CAUSE YA'LL BIG MEANIE HEADS" to the power guilds. They did nothing wrong and simply play the game at a higher intensity, which nets them (as it should) better rewards.
    Syrup likes this.
  20. Zhutuak Augur

This is ridiculous, you had many people citing the same reasons as to why they wanted instances, third party software and no pnp. Since the conversation was with Darth, I cited two examples that were recent and directly related to his guild, there are plenty more issues I personally have encountered by people playing at a "higher level of intensity". Some of these folks even claim to be stand up guilds and when confronted with the fact that some of their members are not so stand up, they cite reasons that are blatantly false as to why the kill stealing was justified, such as no one can six box the npc in question. Which I would have done and have since done a few times.

Why I am not on Phinny is because I prefer to box when I play and I am unwilling to shell out additional funds to do so in the form of more computers. I am 100% sure that there are those who went to Phinny who too would like the similar rule set with the ability to UI box some additional toons. I am also 100% sure there are many others on RF & LJ who are in a similar situation as myself, they would have loved to have instancing but they desire to box more. Does this mean we should have to put up w/ the immaturity that comes with dps race era mentality? Should we be forced to continually waste our time in game and by default real life because there are those of you with no respect for others?

The whole reason why I am doing this, besides hopefully finding a more suitable rule set for myself to play within, is because I recently had to purge my friends list of folks who flat out quit or who went to Phinny. It would be nice to not have to do this anymore in the future and it might be nice for those that have myself on their list to not have to do the same with me.

It gets to a point where you wonder why you are paying to be griefed and if some other game might be more attractive. Once again, I really do not want instancing and have no issue earning what I get but since we have no PNP, the only alternative is to continue to ask for instancing with a more desirable rule set and for me that means the ability to box within the confines of the built in mechanism of windowed mode game play that has a very functional mouse release. How this is not "true boxing" when its actually built into the UI, I will never understand.