Update Bugs 02/17/16

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Xendakine New Member

Ive been camping temple of veeshan for the better part of a week and havent seen a dragon there yet. Did you remove them from the test server? Eashen of the sky has spawned 3 times in that time, but nada beyond the one way drop. Also the trigger for vulak has been up the whole time so i guess that means noone has snuck past me and wipe the wing of namers while i was sleeping.
  2. Nilzera Journeyman

That makes me wonder : how many guild really beat the event then ? /sigh.

Ok a few more bug reports :
    High Bokon Boromas raid :
    When a charmed player dies and is not flagged, the whole instance crash, players have to kill EQ, and when back, they spawn in regular zone (and dies).

I will not add more about Enslaver of Souls, just want to say that having to drop instance, get a new one etc.. after each wipe, is just upsetting. Please fix that asap.
    Also, those who had corpses inside instance will have their corpse pop in regular zone, at the place they died inside instance...
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Conjurous_AB Elder

I know at least one guild who beat the event by wiping and killing the one that doesn't reset properly for there first win on the event. Last night we had that bug, wiped to the bigger rotting flesh dot and the explosion, came back, 2 bosses there, one full, one at 45%, we decided to get a new instance and won fine after that.
    Ssdar and Yinla like this.
  4. Necaris New Member

I am playing on test, but it seems to happen also on live servers since the latest patch. At least for me.

Whenever i use mouslook to just make a short quick camera turn, it changes the target to the last corpse. Sometimes it cycles all nearest corpses, players npcs with each turn. The targets that pop up ar not even near where the cursor was.

Only if i make a slower freelook turn, i does not happen.
    When i use freelook (left mouse), the ingame cursor disapears and should NOT register as a klick, but somehow it registers as one.

I did reset my keybindings and checked my logitech gaming software keybinds. I use free mouslook in every fight to quickly look around or check spawns behind me. This started recently.
    Also tested with a fresh install on my laptop on a live server with different mouse and standart settings.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I've dropped all of them while in zone, all the time... except Decay as that one will crash the client every single time
  6. RealMugatu New Member

Kunark releases on Phinny next week and still no word on HT doing double damage. It was on the January patch notes but it either wasn't actually fixed or it reverted. This is going to make certain zones very, very difficult. Roshen said it would be fixed before Kunark release. :(
  7. Axxius Augur

In Defense of Health:

1. Speak to Lashun Novashine - Done
    2. Kill the puslings attempting to infect the Plane of Health - Done
    3. Kill the invading minions of Decay - 0/4

The task window shows the following text for this step:
    "Huge decaying brutes have entered the Plane of Health. Use the whistle Lashun gave you to call in a squad of Winged Defenders to help you fight them off!"

Several mobs called 'a virulent brute' are up in the outer ring. They have enormous amounts of hp. Using the whistle on them spawns winged defender pets who tank and kill them. But the task step does not update.

Other than those brutes, there is a number of Decay mobs up in the zone ('a perstilent reaver', 'a leprous heretic', etc etc) but killing them does not update this step either.

The task is stuck and cannot be completed.
  8. Metanis Bad Company

We got here once, went to the other side of the zone, killed mobs in the outer ring and it updated correctly.
    Axxius likes this.
  9. Metanis Bad Company

Another minor typo found.

Achievements > TBM > Hunter > Hunter of the Plane of Health

The listed mob Pestilent Warlord really spawns as Pestilent Warmaster.
    :)
  10. Metanis Bad Company

Just discovered an unusual client crash situation. Did it 3 times in a row to prove it wasn't a fluke on my system.

105 Magician casts AA ability Aspect of Zomm Rk. 3.
    After character UI blips to indicate Eye mode is active...
    Target group member.
    Type /fol and hit enter.
    Use an arrow directional key to move the eye == Instacrash.

It's not anything you'd actually ever need to do, I only discovered it because I noticed that the mage always gets the message "You are no longer following..." when I use Zomm. However, the "real" character is still stuck on autofollow, it's just the Eye that is not following!

So then I logically wanted to see what would happen if I explicitly tried to /follow with my Eye. And boom, client crash!
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Axxius Augur

What mobs did you kill to update it?
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Dumb question and I apologize in advance but did you do damage to the brutes or let the summoned mobs do all damage? Just wondering if no player damage keeps the step from updating.
  13. Klaian-Xegony Lorekeeper

That quest step is not about the brutes. You need to kill the invader mobs in the outside ring area.
  14. Axxius Augur

I thought about that too, after the 1st brute died pretty quickly to 6 winged defenders (clicked whistle by 2 chars). I killed the next one using only 1 click of the whistle, and the winged pets did probably about 30% damage to it, the rest was done by the group. No update either way.

I remember doing this mission back in November or December, and there was no problem with updates even when the pets did all the work. But I don't remember if it was the same step with the same description or not.
  15. segap Augur

The bug must be then that the clicky works on mobs that do not update. Both times I got that version, I assumed it was broken like 80% of the rest of the expansion was at that time and dropped task. Various flavors of that mission drop you near the things that you need to kill and tend to have a progression of working your way from the outside in or the inside out. The fact that you have to run across the zone for that step makes no sense as well.
  16. Axxius Augur

NM, I found it. Got this same variation again, ran to the outer rim and killed the invaders that drop corrupted weapons for the other variants, and they updated this step.

[/sarcasm on] Totally logical design and not confusing at all. [/sarcasm off]
  17. Metanis Bad Company

Working a Dead Hills merc task last night.

Skulk > The Hills are Alive > Step 3

• Use keys to recover Krag's spare arms and armor from his home 0/1 (The Dead Hills)
    • Kill mangy scavengers in the cave until you loot his key, then open his chest
    Killed every rat model in the instance and key did not drop. Read up on the mission on Allah and found this has been reported since the CoTF expansion went live.
    Very sad.
    K
    roguerunner, Yinla and RPoo like this.
  18. Ssdar Augur

looks like the enslaver corpse cleanup bug is back. no eyes this week. PLEASE just put them in the chest... "Lore" isn't worth the hassle of this breaking every few weeks.
    MrMajestykx and Yinla like this.
  19. Imrahil Augur

Aye, no corpse for us too, so no eyes :(. On the good side: the reset upon wipe worked fine today.
    Nilzera likes this.
  20. Ssdar Augur

Eye of Decay is still not upgrading properly from completing Vanquisher of Vim and Vigor and doesn't properly benefit melees. It only increases non-melee hits, not combat skills.

Thank you for your consideration on what should be an awesome aug for all classes!