Quality of Life Improvements For 2016

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gyurika Godofwar, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Silv Augur

If you want my 'edited' EQ sound file for your directory that removes aura sounds send me a PM. It's made in such a way that it doesn't get removed after patches.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Arvins Lorekeeper

I think removing the AA cap is counter to having an all access pass, one of the reasons people who pay get a benefit over people who don't. I have both all access and f2p accounts, I understand why it's there, and if it really meant something to me, I would pay for the account, get all the AA's I wanted then go back to F2p. However its not to disagree with the OP, i just think people who pay should be the ones who get this benefit.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Numiko Augur

I would like to see Aura's become permanent like they were advertised to be when they were introduced, not some 5 minute buff in another window as many of them seem to be now.
    Geri_Petrovna, Lifetap, Ssdar and 3 others like this.
  4. Silv Augur

Here is my personal list of QOL improvements (some of which may have been stated). Granted, some might not *technically* be quality of life improvements but things that I would find more enjoyable in the game for nostalgia or basic convenience - some probably are not feasible and wouldn't deserve the resources but here we go:

1. Implement a toggle for the old school models that Dzarn was working on a year or so ago

2. Implement a toggle for the old school spell particle effects (and if they are "missing" there are about a bazillion other sources we won't name that DBG could kindly ask for the files)

3. Change the icon on Enchanter Dichotomic Reinforcement so it isn't the same as 5 other spells I use regularly. I even sent a PM with actual spell icon ID#s that would make sense and were used for Enchanter spells in times long past

4. Increased capacity Bazaar trader bags

5. Return of actual rewards aside from generic AA for completing collection achievements in new content. TBM was just sad. I know lots of people think the housing items and stuff were lame but LOTS of people like those (and guess what... that's art team, not dev time)

6. Increased duration of buffs intended to be used 99% of the time, for example: Enchanter "Ward of the Enticer" which lasts about 20 minutes fully extended. Many times we would want it up for a play session. Having to stop and recast it that often makes 0 sense since there's no cool down on it.

7. Standardized item stacking. Make it all 100 already. Maybe at one point keeping stacks at 20 was incentive for people to buy big bags in the marketplace but with the number easily available in game that isn't even a factor now.

8. Adjust Solteris #3 so it isn't stupid.You adjusted Demiplane to accomodate increases in player power years later... do it again.

9. Reduce the number of people to request old raids/events to 1 - 3 characters instead of 6.

10. Standardize ALL auras to last >1h, persist through zoning, and not make me waste a spell slot because someone thought it would be fun/challenging re-casting Flare aura every 6 minutes.

ps. Give Live servers the same raid instances you did for TLP.
  5. Viltaire Augur

My number one quality of life improvement would be to see this community be positive again and nice to each other instead of caustic. I'd wager the reason we see less and less communication from the developers is because all we seem to do is whine and cry and attack each other on these boards. As a community we should want better than that.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Guild invites work across zones.

Guild bank access log dump

Guild invite/ remove from guild log dump.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm playing on the theme of the NBA trade deadline having just come and gone:

I love many of the above ideas - I would trade them all in a heartbeat to have modern power sources gaining the ability to be recharged or to be trade skilled.

Please for the love of Tunare, Steelstones never drop. NEVER.
  8. Reval Augur

They should make server transfers free. That way people can move around until they find a server that they like. Imagine trying all of the servers right now on even just one character, it would cost way too much money, but many people would probably tour around a bit and meet new people if they could do it for free (which really.. what is the advantage from limiting your player base in this particular way?). There's no reason to lower potential enjoyment of the game in this way.
  9. Warpeace Augur

I'm against free transfers. Maybe reduce the cost per transfer or 1 free claimable transfer per year or something per paid account.

Free = way to easy for someone to move around and grief more people.
    Hiladdar, Geri_Petrovna and Isssk like this.
  10. Reval Augur

I think that the good this could cause would outweigh the bad. Imagine if guilds that were struggling could have players (assuming they were willing to) of the right classes swap places, so that both guilds that before might not be able to raid well are now able to raid much better? Think about all the people that play this game that you don't even know. I bet there are some great ones out there. Perhaps to the point that I could argue that you're griefing yourself by not giving the opportunity to meet them. There's also this: if a guy is griefing you, now you can just swap servers. What is he gonna go through every server to find you? Now who's being griefed! Even if he keeps at it, now you have a solid record of him server swapping to follow you, and that could be useful in making it obvious to daybreak that he has bad intentions combined with other reports and logs.
  11. Warpeace Augur

Sounds more like you want cross server instancing. But your looking at an old game and who knows if that would be feasible.
  12. JChan Developer

I agree with the positive tone and constructive discussion in this thread. Please keep the constructive ideas and positivity up!

While I don't want to split the discussion too much, a recommended step to get some of these implemented is to add or vote on these suggestions on the community run Issue Tracker: https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=11500. There's a certain format for the tickets at that site (one request per ticket, repeatable or detailed, etc.) that helps us keep track of things. Also, the smaller the request the more likely it will be implemented. The small requests that have the highest votes are the ones that we review regularly to get scheduled.

(Reminder that is is a third party site and you should NOT use the same user name and password on the Issue Tracker as you do on these forums.)
    Elricvonclief, Felicite, Quuq and 8 others like this.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I know it's completely stupid and not important but.....Show My Helm flag should display accordingly at character select as well as in game.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Reduce lockout timers on the really old raids. (only if super easy to do)
    Whitecloudx and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  15. EddieP Lorekeeper

I would give 35mp for /outputfile augs which prints out the values of the aug slots. I know it would be a nightmare to include everything but at least AC/HP/MA/Heroics would be a godsend.
  16. Angahran Augur

Would be nice to get a text prompt (so you could set audio trigger) when anyone cast a port spell on you (or anything that pops up a yes/no box)

Please remove the 'your mercenary has been suspended' message when you zone while in a raid. 1) you can't have a mercenary on a raid and 2) it is already suspended because I am IN A RAID :p
  17. Xikteny Augur

An augment window has been "on the list" for literally years.
    In the meantime: http://eq.gimasoft.com/AugmentViewer/.
  18. Carel Da Bard Journeyman

I know it is a pipe dream but make the mobs in LDONs scale to 105. Also give us a reason to go back to monster missions. No one wants to do them.
  19. mackal Augur

That actually probably wouldn't be too hard now ... Although I can't say how easy it would be for them to have them use their current system for a certain level range then use the new HA scaling for the rest .... But if they can, it probably wouldn't be too hard.
  20. random_pawn00 Journeyman

Game tech has move a lot since '99. What makes them fun? The ability to enter the game and get at it without messing around with "silly" stuff.
    • Inventory management overhaul
      • Filters to allow/deny items for given container
      • Sorting options (alpha, tradeskill, quest, etc)
      • Increase stack limits
    • Increases XP opportunities
    • Bazaar container limit increase
    • Subs free server transfer / month
    • Centralized quest/journal/tasks log window
      • Improve the UI on this, make it easier to read and track objectives