Update Bugs 02/17/16

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Karhar Dream Crusher

Ran it today, got a named to pop.
  2. mackal Augur

So if it worked that way, the AA would increase your chance by 23% of 0. Which is 0. Then DP would increase it by 15%, which again is 0. Also, 625 attempts isn't close enough to parse at all. And then you're left with only 478 attempts at the shield block. You need like at least a couple hours of parse to get an idea.
  3. Koryu Professional Roadkill

This is a bug report.
    The Weapon Stances ability is working identically for Paladins, Shadow Knights, and Warriors. Activating the AA and changing weapon sets causes the exact same buffs to auto-cast. There is nothing knight specific about how the AA/buffs currently work, the knight specific aspect is missing. If the knight specific version was supposed to cast alternate buffs, it is not doing so.
  4. mackal Augur

They're different AAs, they use the same buffs though.
  5. Abazzagorath Augur

I think the only reason they made a different aa is because knights don't get it until level 85. Not sure when warriors get it though. Or its flavor. Who knows. There isn't any other spell for it to point to, so is apparently deliberate.
  6. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Edit: They have different alt activate codes, that's it. There's supposed to be some other difference here.
    The AA also becomes available for Warriors at level 85. It is entirely possible that they intended to have the Knight version point to a different spell file and then didn't include them, since they mention "knight specific" several times in the patch notes. Considering the number of things they have forgotten or thought they fixed (but didn't) recently, nothing is deliberate until stated as deliberate, and even then I would still expect to test/verify.
  7. Weake Aggro Lorekeeper

Guess I am not grasping the math...
    The parser shows I could have blocked 478 times for 100 percent.
    If my AA is giving me 23 Percent of 100 and the Defensive Prof is adding an additional 15 percent of 100.
    38 X
    ___X____
    100 478
    That means I should have blocked ~181 times instead of 73

Something is not adding up.
    Why do I need hours of a parse. You either block 38 percent of the possible or you do not. I do not see how hours of data will change that.
  8. mackal Augur

Because RNG. You need more samples to get good statistics.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sancus like this.
  9. mackal Augur

They are different AAs. There are 3 groups of AAs called Weapon Stances. The fact the buffs aren't different doesn't mean anything. There is one for WAR, one for SHD, one for PAL.
  10. Numiko Augur

Changes to pet agro in this patch has again lowered the ability of Enchanter animations to tank or at least take and hold agro off the casters.

Due to lack of a taunt button they cannot go into the high agro mode and mobs are walking right past them.

In the last 3 patches they have gone from being decent at holding agro, to OK, if you turn on the agro AA to a minor annoyance that the mob can easily ignore.....
  11. Riou EQResource

Not to mention that like 90% of mobs in EverQuest have strikethrough / avoidance bypass stuff :D (which is why the parse data those few posts ago didn't have numbers like 40% dodge, 25% parry, etc and that)
  12. Silv Augur

You realize that this is totally isolated to TLP and was pretty much how the Enchanter animations were intended for years, right?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Kyoya Geohound New Member

The log in sever seems to be not working.
    Btw the ranger buff strength of the copsestalker is still being overwritten by brell's stalwart bulwark no matter the rank.
    My rk II brell's stalwart bulwark can overwrite rk III strength of the copsestalker.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  14. Numiko Augur

Ive been playing an enchanter since 1999, they were never this bad.
  15. Deillusional Augur

Apparently there is a bug on the final sul raid, where someone wiped to it then they could burn it down from 100 to 0 facing no effects. They sent bug reports but not posted here. I don't know how true or not it is, I guess others will find out this week.
  16. sojero One hit wonder

I could be wrong. The last time I did a parse that is what it looked like to me. If someone else has any concrete data I would love to see it as it has been some time since I have even looked.
  17. Metanis Bad Company

One of the rewards for Mirror Master is the Radiant Amber or Radiant Platinum Pridewing Bridle. The bridle is supposed to deliver Mount Blessing Rena. I'm only getting Fana which is a huge sucky difference.
  18. Brudal Augur

Change the stat mount in your mount keyring
  19. Metanis Bad Company

Disregard, I'm an idiot who knew nothing about mounts and their keyring and the designated "Stat Mount"
  20. AB_H'Sishi Augur

This patch caused Loyality tokens and their velocity to go to zero again.

Yes, I've relogged after I noticed it after yesterday's patch, in fact I was offline for almost 19 hours.