Quality of Life Improvements For 2016

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gyurika Godofwar, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

First off I'd like to ask that we try to keep the negativity and trolling to a minimum as we all know this forum is well known within our community for those two things.

Second, I'd like to say that I personally appreciate most of the quality of life improvements over the last few years but I feel like they could be taken a bit further as this game heads towards the inevitable maintenance mode.

My personal list is as follows. Feel free to add your suggestions or thoughts on mine but please try to be constructive in doing so.

1) Fellowships - I've always felt that 12 members for a fellowship was too low and that 18 or even 24 would be better for a lot of us who either have a large amount of boxes/alts or who have a clique or group of friends we play with that have several boxes/alts.

It also would be nice to see the fellowship campfire timers extended to 8 hours for the regular version & 4 for the buffs. The buffs also should be modernized as they are based on level 75 buffs at the moment and are probably not used by anyone at this stage of the game. The 15 minute refresh timer for the clicky should also be shortened to 5 minutes in my opinion.

2) Shrouds - since the introduction of heroic characters I feel like the shroud system could use a revamp to make 3 more tiers. Level 75, 80 and 85 shrouds but add some variety and make them as functional as time permits. It would make it easier for us to group with friends who are lower level or the extremely rare new person we stumble across who we'd like to help but the level spread winds up preventing us from doing so.

3) Housing - for those of us who enjoy decorating our plots & making things within them I think that the limit of 90 for regular yards and 210 for guild yards is too low. I think regular plots should be raised to 200 and guild yards to 500 to allow for more creativity and this would also raise marketplace sales as people buy things to put in their yards to create with. For proof just check out the Minecraft craze.

4) Nerfs - The constant nerfing and then back pedaling of various classes over the last few years has been bad for the population and popularity of the game. Each time you do huge nerfs you alienate a certain subset of the population and then when you back pedal or adjust those nerfs the majority of those lost tend to stay gone or come back and not spend any money on EverQuest or other Daybreak products which results in a loss of revenue & hurts the bottom line. I think nerfing for the sake of nerfing is not a good idea and is ultimately hurting the game.

5) Communication - This is better at times but needs to be consistently good for it to count as a positive influence on the game & population.

I'm sure I missed several but this is all I had on my mind at the moment. Feel free to add your suggestions & thoughts and I'd love to hear from Dzarn, Prathun & Roshen as well as anyone else from Daybreak who would like to chime in.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Fellowships - Perhaps allow a person to be in more than one? Say 2 Max. not sure about an overall size increase.

Shrouds - Rather shrouds were a copy of your actual character in 5 level increments properly AA'd, group geared and with RK. II spells for that level range. (BETA fish them!!) Personally I think that would get Shrouds more use and allow better play with people lower leveled.

Communication - Well umm...
    Agrippa and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. mackal Augur

Can I add things?

1) Advanced Spell Displays. As in, inspecting a buff/spell will show the slot info so we can stop having to go to 3rd party websites.

2) Also if we go with that, why not allow linking of spells? Which would allow us to click on spells on items to see the advanced spell data :p

3) Pet stats. We have merc stats. I think EQ2 shows you the pets stats. I know during SoD a dev gave them mage correspondent the pets stats. I asked roshen while he was streaming and he just said it would be nice but the stats are a bit convoluted, but I'm sure some players could figure it out :p
  4. Rhaage Augur

+Pet Inventory
    +Change base stats after race change potion
    +Cycle Hotzones
    +Quest hints / prompts for any unfinished quests done with some amount of celebration.
    (tie some of the unfinished quests as GM events and award unique items)
    +downgradeable expansion currency - allow an exchange down, if I want to use my TBM currency to get CoTF stuff that shouldn't be game breaking.
    +illusions & mounts, nearly any bi-pedal illusion should be allowed to be on a mount and display correctly
    +tradeskill recipes
    +bind in house
    +illusions persist through zoning (I don't see that removing the arbitrary line in the sand that strips an illusion as stepping on the toes of the rogue / ench / bard "masters of illusion" abilities but others disagree)
    +spawn HC's with the reagents for the spells they use (enchanter tiny daggers, druid fire beetle eyes, mage malachite, etc.)
  5. Onhanis Stonescale Elder

Removing AA cap from silver accounts.
    Increasing AA cap for FTP to 2000-2500 or so.
    Allowing non-Heroic chars to use Heroic augs since they can do Heroic J5 quest anyway.
    Allowing people to spend Loyalty Tokens on Heroic characters.
    Allowing FTP players to upgrade to Silver.
  6. lancelove Augur

1. Extend campfires for 24 hours.
    2. Create buff npcs, its a great platinum sink and you can put them in unused zones like dreadlands, queynos hills etc.... so the lag from the gathering areas is reduced.
    3. Give players a certain color aura/glow about them to identify what season they are in as far as time played, and add an aa to each individual aura for the particular year they are on.
    4. Create a trigger or trap in all the old school zones that is random in location and timing, super rare, but has the chance of spawning a mob that is scaled to the level of the person who activated the trap and have super rare items on that particular super rare spawn.
    5. Give back the nerfs made to mage earth pets! Probably the worst nerfs Ive seen since playing from beta.
    6. Lure Pugigi back into the game again....
    7. Populate the old Kunark and other unused zones with level 105 mobs here and there .
    8. Make moving backwards in water the same as moving forwards in water as far as speed, because I can backstroke in real life and swim under water in real life just as fast as I can forwards!
    9. More to come!
  7. fransisco Augur

I think pet stats would be a huge mistake.
    Pets have higher hp, and possibly ac than players, because they have no defensive abilities like tanks do.
    If people see (jobaber earth pet has 100k hp more than me) its another round of nerfing mages to make bad tanks feel better.
    Silv and Warpeace like this.
  8. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Great ideas guys! Keep them coming!
  9. Khat_Nip Meow

Aug the slot, not the item.
    Class abbreviations in Group Window. (SHD, WAR, CLE, ...)
    Mercenary gear auto-swapped with predefined sets based on merc type.
    Emotes directed to their own unique filter.
    Ability to bandolier gear; eg swap Cripple belt for Tendon Slice belt and back via hotkey.
    Custom onscreen countdown timers a la GINA.
    Server-side raid parsing with a logfile that can be pushed to the raid leader upon request after the event.
    Xeladom, Whitecloudx, Isssk and 5 others like this.
  10. Warpeace Augur

Make the raid roster alphabetic or sortable in some way when you right click to Tell a Raid member.

Add a friends list for the Parcel merchant, EQ name spelling sucks and some people really really really like long names.
  11. Derresh Augur

Ghall portal items to all the old zones that work like the plane of health crystal thing.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I run several accounts but never really saw the need for fellowships to be increased. I wouldn't mind a faster refresh time on campfires but that might be overpowering.

More items in housing plots would be great.
    Hiladdar and Agrippa like this.
  13. Dre. Altoholic

30 sec cast teleport self to group's leader (works across zones, requires "resting" state)
    Toggle 'spam' hotkeys to autofire when autoattack is active
    Status icons and logon/logoff notifications for friend list
    Ability to disband 'dead' mercenaries from group
    Convert hyperlinks to clickable (from friends/group/raid/guild only)
    Fix client "Not responding" when loading/zoning
    Enable mounts with old models
    Armor dyes and facial customization for mercenaries

Engage class communities toward hotkey/AA consolidation and class QoL fixes
  14. Warpeace Augur

Trophy tribute turn off when you log out like personal tribute does:oops:, Hate forgetting that.
    Whitecloudx, Isssk, Xanathol and 6 others like this.
  15. Angahran Augur

Just a few ideas:
    Clicky port to guild banner.
    House door that ports to guild hall.
    House door port to bazaar.
    Guild hall door port to bazaar.
    Guild hall door port to house (give a list if multiple houses?)
    More anchors
    Add a 'master looter' icon to group window
    Add Raid Leader, MA, other 'marked' PC to maps.

Please fix trophy tribute auto off (same as regular tribute auto off).
    Hiladdar, Xanathol, Agrippa and 2 others like this.
  16. Eanelder Augur

Make all vendor purchasable placeable items stackable to 100, and tradeable (many items are flagged no trade for some reason). Dont put restrictions on them (interior or exterior) and dont put restrictions on how they can be placed (ie some items do not allow free placement, like houses).

Each expansion make items from the new zones available for purchase from vendors, and continue the process where completing collectibles unlock some of the better items on vendors.
  17. Matari Augur

Please nerf mages some more.
    Faana and Dre. like this.
  18. Eanelder Augur

Key bind pet actions (attack, qattack, back, etc)
    Agrippa, Gyurika Godofwar and Rhaage like this.
  19. beryon Augur

I think 30 sec is too fast (steps on mage toes as pointed out) but I support everyone getting a 15 min recast port to group, same as fellowships. I still don't understand the point of fellowships. If you're strange like me and actually group with lots of different people, it gets annoying having to constantly shuffle fellowships. If you have a clique or bot army, it's no problem. I'm not sure why being insular is encouraged in an MMO.

P.S. Just noticed you said "cast", not "recast", but my main point still stands.
  20. Onhanis Stonescale Elder

Maybe give All-Access accounts the expansions for free, make silver and free accounts pay, revamp the Auto-Grant thingy to allow to the xpac behind current (TDS atm), and if they do the first thing, allow Silver to use Prestige gear (if not flat out, then by spending DBC on a per-character purchase).