Test Update 02/10/16

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Feb 10, 2016.

1. strongbus Augur

so. if i remember right form playing melee most disc are instance cast. most spells are not.
  2. Makavien Augur

That doesn't matter if you have a cc effect on you , you can't do anything. They have even gotten better at stopping that sort of thing by making melee only silences.
  3. strongbus Augur

ya that is the big point thought in a fight where you can't count on being able to use disc or spells going off for what ever reason a war even after this change can still take a better hit. ie if the knight or war can't get a spell/disc off the war is setup to better take the hit and live then the knight is
  4. Makavien Augur

We would actually be taking worse damage since they will be tanking 5% better than us with both of these aa.
  5. menown Augur

With all of the downsides to Flesh to Poison, can we at least make this a long duration buff without the 24 counters?
    1. Costs mana to cast
    2. Costs mana each proc
    3. DoTs the caster for about 1k damage every 6 seconds
    4. Only lasts for 24 counters
    Because this spell's functionality was neutered, can we at least get a longer lasting buff. I have to recast this spell about every 2 minutes. I already swap spells way more than other classes.
    Utaerx, Nenton, Vrinda and 1 other person like this.
  6. Dre. Altoholic

[IMG]
  7. adinaei New Member

I'm not going to lie all the changes to flesh to poison does is bring necros back to viel of alarus standards where you have to nuke dot weave in order to achieve a burn. which requires more skill. but it can be done. and besides iv parsed with and without nukes. and a necro that doesn't nuke acutaly lowers their dps more because if you have an enc in party you can easily do 100k plus sustained dps by dotting and nuking in between dots. a skilled enc that is making chroma haze go off easy makes your nuke a crit and does more dmg, in addition to that if they have mana strike enabled it further boosts you. I am not seeing where many of you are getting this is the end for necros. flesh to poison came out 4 or 5 expansions after gift of deathly resolve was conceived.
  8. Kcooler Lorekeeper

Most the necro''s complaining about swarm pets are really just upset they'll have to work again to solo named rather then hit there macro every 30 seconds, To spam mobs with pets. ( You still have the tools. Necro didn't always spam swarm pets.. learn your class just take skill now. Think hard) - if you're mad you can't solo. Try playing a bard solo nowadays lol. - without max raid gear.
  9. RangerGuy Augur

I would suggest if you don't know what your talking about you don't chime in. And you can try and refute that you do but the posts above clearly show you guys don't fully grasp the actual issues or are looking at it from a single point of view.
  10. Utaerx Elder

2 expansions. It came out in Call of the Forsaken.

And I am glad you are the greatest necro of all time and this doesn't bug you, but it just so happens that a lot of *really* good necros are actually pretty upset about it. Maybe there's a good reason? You certainly don't help your case by bragging about 100K sustained, as if that was even particularly good. By coming on the boards and contradicting what basically the entire community is saying (especially with some contrived nonsense about how nukes are somehow the answer to offsetting our DPS loss from the GoDR changes) you're totally being a Mellifleur. Cut it out.
  11. menown Augur

@adinaei

You are out of your league here. GoDR came out in Veil of Alaris. Flesh to Poison came out in CoTF. That is only 2 expansions. Not only that, but I was the one that conceived the GoDR idea to Elidroth. I was also the one that conceived the Flesh to Poison idea to Aristo.

Wait, let's go a step further. To say that you gain more DPS by using a necro DD than using a Necro DoT is laughable in this community. You would rather have 100k damage from a chromatic haze proc + DD than a 600K DoT? First, your scenario requires an enchanter to always be with you. Not every guild can support this. Second, you must not be parsing yourself regularly.

It does take skill to weave a DD between DoTs during a burn. I would say it takes 10x more skill to consistently keep 25+ DoTs on a mob, waiting till 2 minutes into the fight, recasting Flesh to Poison just before you burn, and using a combination of Chaotic Liquefaction and Swarm Pets as your DD spells for when Flesh to Poison does not proc. Have you tried that? Or, what about keeping up 16 DoTs on 2 separate raid mobs at a time without letting any drop, then twisting in your same burn I listed above.

I suggest you talk with some Necros in the community if you want to know what you are doing wrong.
  12. ---Xislaben--- Augur

How many are left? How many will still be here in March?
  13. Imrahil Augur

As a knight I have to say that I am a bit surprised by the big changes which are apparently coming in without a long testing period. Well, maybe not surprised (the history of putting things in motion which later on have to be corrected is long, sadly), but still.

The disparity between warriors and knights needed to be reduced, but I somehow doubt that the current way to fix this via a band aid is really a good idea. The tank parity is one of the crucial balance issues in this game and tempering with it in such a blunt way seems uncalled for. All it achieves is more class balance issues and class envy discussions (some people in this thread should really reduce their number of posts, it's annoying to have 20 pages filled by 3 people).

The necro nerf seems over the edge too. Granted a well-played necro is a powerhouse, but that goes for a well-played wizard too. As all raids in current EQ are DPS-checks reducing the DPS of one of the main classes means the balance is once again shifted. It also means that necros outside raids get forced into the solo role completely, not a good idea. Once again, a certain reduction of necro DPS was probably in order, but once again also the devs are using the hammer, where the needle would have been better.

I can only urge the devs to rethink the current changes, to evaluate them on a broader base before bringing them onto the live servers. People who have left this game in a grudge won't come back just because you reverse certain aspects of the nerf in 2 or 3 months.

EQ cannot afford to lose more people, we need everyone who still plays.
  14. Tyraxor Augur

Yep, this is not on DB or lack of money / support for Eq.
    The Devs need to step up, listen to their community and simply deliver things that make sense again.
    I don't mean this in an offensive way, but boot licking doesn't help here anymore...you need to be more careful and caring for Eq again. Not Daybreak the leadership, you the Devs.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

So much this ^

If we could not let textwall-nerd-rage drown out the moar legit concerns (hello, necros), that'd be swell.
    YellowBelly and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  16. Mistatk Augur

Why is there even developers working on the game who don't have any idea what everquest is. If you have to say things like don't wreck the game, don't wreck necros, don't make warriors and knights a generic copy paste of each other, isn't it too late then. Even if you convince them not to wreck things right now, they will come back and do it later.
  17. Vrinda Augur

The only dev I know of who has played EverQuest in recent history is Dzarn, hence the community outcry to get him back when he disappeared a year ago with the DBG buyout. (Whether he had received a pink slip or was simply assigned to another game is none of my business.) We got him back, and overall it seems to have been a good thing for the game.

What I do wish is that Dzarn and the other devs would actually try out these changes in their development environment before they foist them on the community.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Derd Augur

So just for comparison, what parses can a necro post so we can compare. I might have more sympathy, assuming that the before number isn't ridiculous. I don't recall seeing anything other than posts saying they will be reduced.
  19. bbanz Elder

Necros try to be silent about their parses for a good reason...
  20. RangerGuy Augur

What good would parses that are inflated due to how insane mana burn was do?

The nerf to dot twincast is plain silly especially after they just reduced the recast of nuke twincast by 5 minutes and added more counters to it.