Test Update 02/10/16

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Deillusional Augur

Windows 10? Will try a Windows 7 rig tonight euro time.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Deillusional Augur

Error cant check on windows 7, forgot I upgraded that to windows 10 too.
  3. Forbine New Member

Windows 10 here, tried compatibility mode for 7 and XP, no difference. Validated assets and whatnot still nothing :(
  4. fergel New Member

The problem is Windows8 and Windows10 PCs, I finally logged into Test on an old laptop and everyone online running either Windows7 or XP. Lots of discussion in general and no one able to log in was running Win8 or Win10
    Toftberg likes this.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

I also had win7 and no issues
  6. Khat_Nip Meow

Yes, Windows 10.
  7. Jujue New Member

I'm using 8 and I have the same issue.
  8. Deillusional Augur

Ok on two rigs I cannot get to character select, these are desktops with windows 10 and nvidia graphics on a windows 7 laptop with ati graphics i can get to character select.

Are we all using nvidia ?
    Yinla likes this.
  9. ohokaydandy New Member

AMD Radeon R9 290
  10. Riou EQResource

No wonder Evil never wins, it is 2 years behind the rest :)

[IMG]

Go Go Good Team
    [IMG]
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Deillusional Augur

Ok so its look like its a windows 10 / 8 issue then.
  12. Riou EQResource

We have this fixed and updated for Test now DBStr - EQStr - Spells

If you find something broken from Test vs ours please Let us know :D
  13. thenagel New Member

a very valid point, sir
    one i hadn't actually considered, honestly. me, i throw everything at the target, then beat it's corpse with the kitchen sink :rolleyes:
    but that's actually enough of a point i'm going to go play root-rot soon and see which i like better. so thanks for the idea. :p
  14. thenagel New Member

i apologize if i was wrong about what seemed to be the devs intentions.
    i didn't mean to imply i approve of the changes. i don't. anything that de-powers any class is a bad idea. most of the mobs are OP, so why shouldn't WE be?
    what does it gain to weaken a class? if necros are too powerful, step everyone else up a little, don't punish the necros for being godlike.

balance? realism? really? i'm a 7 foot tall bipedal cat with a furry dolly parton chest and see through ghost dog for a pet. tell me again about balance and realism.

i might not have any use for the things they took away, but i am against them being taken away.
  15. Brohg Augur

I find these changes mystifying and …alarming? Mostly confusing, since it feels like half of a significant class rebalancing for which the other half is both non-obvious and, well, absent.

The Knight's Sedulity is highly reminiscent of~ but stronger than the warrior class's only innate tanking advantage, the DI-1 on incoming hits; the warrior trait doesn't reduce the base damage of each hit, which Sedulity does. The scrapped warrior version of Sedulity, Phalanx of One AA from House of Thule expansion, which expanded on the warrior's innate toughness to compensate for lacking knight resilience, was broken, retuned and in the fullness of time, eliminated to be subsumed by stances. Knights getting a better version of the original ability years later to then go under the stances is a move I really don't understand. Besides anything else: is the code for that working now? Can warriors have our AA back?

The weapon stances themselves were added into the game just a year and a half ago to make up for large deficiencies in the warrior class relative especially to the other tanks. Now that their boosts have been distributed, superficial tanking and melee damage parity is kinda achieved but all the knight strengths remain intact. Knight strengths like that thing where two of three tanks can cast spells for healing themselves and dealing damage…

I call the tanking parity superficial of course because "all the tanks put on Defensive Proficiency between LastStand/[Un]HolyGuardian" doesn't begin to address the slew of other actions each tank class takes, the slew of abilities each class brings to bear to try to stay alive. To me the key observation going down that road of deeper understanding is that the warrior list of other actions & abilities is considerably shorter than that of knights.

Whole different issue. The taunt thing? I - man just no one ever asked for that ever. Who are you doing a favor for with the extra +2/10% thing? All that does is strip a tool from the options of good players. Sneering Grin AA was made an activated ability to begin with, and then toggleable when that technology arrived, to keep Taunt from having extra agro when not wanted. Now extra agro (a LOT of extra agro on a crit) is uncontrollable? +10% of an actual tank's agro on a fight of any duration is basically insurmountable except by another successful taunt. Pls no.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Dre. like this.
  16. Gochan Journeyman

Seems like warriors are being phased out, we already lack number of aa's as compared to other classes, we can't pull worth a crap, we can't drop aggro cause it always fails. Maybe offer us a class change to a Shadow Knight now since we grow more and more useless as the years go by. Sheesh!
  17. Vtull Augur

That's not an overreaction at all. :rolleyes:
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Kcooler Lorekeeper

So many necro's complaining about the swarm pet nerf lol... idunno how people didn't see this coming.. There is video's all over the place with necro's soloing named with just swarm pet spamming lol. - that takes less skill then any other class soloing names atm.
    RPoo likes this.
  19. Ifangels New Member

You all should know by now EQ takes away certain class abilities only to give them back later like it was something wonderful they did for us!

Status: 2/11/2016 5:43 PST - We are currently investigating an issue with logging into the game.
  20. Lianeb Augur

No but this is a pretty sweet patch for Knights. You will not see one of them complain

Knights are getting: Every bit of Warrior mitigation. You know the phrase Warriors will always mitigate damage better....Gone
    Knights are getting: Double their aggro on ALL spells that had a hate override. Or in other words all their aggro spells just doubled. Notice the difference here Spells NOT discs which Warriors use
    Knights are also getting 110% increase to thier 2hd DPS (not parsed but that is the increase for the stance not sure what it is in game)

So tell me again why would you have a warrior in your group or raid?