February 2016 Patch Preview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 4, 2016.

1. p2aa Augur

Apart the fact Warriors should have a big advantage than knights on MT Raid Bosses (warrior class niche) and that would not the be the case anymore, I think that, if knights would be able to be equal to warriors when MT Raid Bosses (as been proved by some other post saying why knight receiving 30 % prof will tackle war mitigation), it will impact warrior's recrutment in raid guilds because between a knight that adds utility and can MT Raid Boss and a warrior that can MT Raid Boss only there would be no reason for raid guilds to keep more than a 4 warrior roster.
    reggatta likes this.
  2. Lianeb Augur

All things equal? I think you are going to wrong.
    If the warrior mitigation is given to Knights, as is there is not going to be some magic number that that was hidden in the code somewhere that will keep Warriors as the best mitigators. You WILL have Warrior level mitigation.
    At that point the only difference in Warrior and Knight will be AC soft Cap and AC over Cap return being in favor of the Warrior. Sorry those returns are not near what you think will make Warrior's still better than Knights, and there would be Zero reason to carry a Warrior on a raid roster, they only bring tanking to a raid.

again for reference:
    Paladins, Shadowknights: Cap 488 - Multiplier 0.33
    Warriors: Cap 510 - Multiplier 0.35

22AC Higher Cap
    0.02 Return higher after cap
    That will be the difference in Warriors and Knights, When Mitigation is concerned.
    reggatta likes this.
  3. Gnomeland Augur

Which is pretty damn irrelevant unless you're soloing/moloing, and in fact not even that much in molo unless you're a paladin.

There are other carrots in existence than one that breaks the class system.

A huge difference between Warriors and Knights in their ability to tank causes the following issues:
    • Guilds cannot raid unless X Warriors are on.
    • High-end group content is trivialized by Warrior tanks because any content challenging to Warriors, is not capable of being used by Knights.
    • Raids have to be designed in such a way that Knights have a role, which limits raid designers. See Enchanters for an example of a class that had the same issue, which eventually resulted in them receiving a lot of DPS.
    It defeats the whole purpose of the tank-DPS-heal archetype system, which was designed so that any class falling into those archetypes could fill the role. Thus, in recent years, Shamans and Druids have received a lot of help, just so they are able to replace Clerics, even though these classes didn't use to be any where in the world of Clerics.

Warriors can be given other "carrots" that make them unique - for example, in being able to switch between DPS and tank. Tanks can discuss among themselves what they prefer, but first, they'd all need to be able to tank.
  4. Repthor Augur

there no group content thats not acessble for knights and they do its very well. as far as combat self healing its super usefull for knights in any content. our knights are contsentatly in their own top 3 healers. and i guess u can claim our healers suck. thats why we are where we are at i guess

you should prolly try out tanking again and learn a bit more in deaths from better knights
  5. Gnomeland Augur

Reaver's Bargain was introduced for Shadow Knights to actually be able to take over from Warriors on raid targets. Provided the defensive changes go through and make Knights valid raid tanks, it won't be needed and can be removed. And there's no cause for why the defensive cool downs would stack with Knight defensive proficiency in the first place; they are the Knight equivalent of Last Stand, after all.

Personally, I don't feel the developers are going to actually give Knights the full 30%. But regardless of the mechanics, the issue is whether the goal itself is valid.
  6. Gnomeland Augur

That's because group content in the last two expansions have been made easy just so Knights could tank them. It's also why even melee DPS classes and pets could tank them. You're not getting it - had there been no large difference between the tank classes, then this content could be made a lot harder than it is, and then you'll see the actual difference between Warriors and Knights.
  7. Repthor Augur

makeing knights able to tank things has no correlation to monks and or rangers you cant use them as your scape goats cuz u can take and out heal them no Q:ns asked and you know that. the ability to tank for knights is way and above what is avilible in group coontent atm if anything you should be advetiseing for harder group content rather then makeing excuses for it to be easyer. dont down play the knights ability to tank
  8. Gnomeland Augur

The content is easy BECAUSE Knights cannot tank harder content, and even in this easier content, Warriors make it so easy it's stupid not to use them.
  9. Repthor Augur

content is not easy BECAUSE knights it easy cuz of failed tuening. you cant use failed tuneing of content as an argument for yourself. there is no content even most the current raid bosses can be tanked by apropriately geared and skilled knight. They can tank and do raid content then ofcorse the group content is non issue . Stop makeing excuses about class inability when they are more then able to tank.

Problem is lesser skilled warriors and knights who dont rotate their cooldowns good enough then blames the content for their inability to preform or adapt. or weekend warriors/knights who dont play well enough on their alts then blames content for their lack of ability
  10. Potawatomi Augur

Do you even Mage bro?

But in all seriousness Content hasn't been catered to Knights and content has been easy for pets to tank for some time. Either your being purposely disingenuous or aren't playing the same game.
  11. Dre. Altoholic

Only on the absolute hardest hitting mobs. See: "Things WAR does better than PAL/SK". If you're suggesting that only in a solo/molo situation is the reverse true, I think we're pretty much done here.

This, and your other points have already been discussed in this thread. Round and round we go.
  12. Krazzi Elder

After looking up two handed proficiency and defensive proficiency, I'd rather they take them out of the game all together. I'd like to mitigate more damage tanking and doing more dps when I'm not, but the system seems awkward and clunky. Clicking the aa off when I go solo with my 2 hander and on for tanking at raids. Plus the fact that SK's usually pull out there 2 hander when we click our epics, which you won't be able to do tanking now. And if we use defensive proficiency our healing from epic and leech curse would be much lower. Also why call it proficiency when you take minus 60% block, parry, and dodge...should call it "2 Handed Incompetence".
    beryon and Dre. like this.
  13. sojero One hit wonder

How would it lower if it is an exact copy of warriors, they do not get reduced damage, thus ours wouldn't be reduced, unless its not an exact copy.
  14. Gnomeland Augur

What pets are able to tank, Knights are also able to tank. What pets are not able to tank, Warriors are usually the only class that can tank it. That's been my experience and I've played all three as main tank. As to whether the group game uses Knights to balance content, it certainly does, as a lot of the people who test these games are Knights, and they complain whenever they find content that is too hard for them during testing. That's been a constant during expansions where they actually test - they make sure that all the group content is able to be done by Knights.
  15. ShadowMan Augur

Try tanking missions as a full TBM group geared knight. A warrior in TDS or even CoTF group gear can tank them fine simply because of how a few of their spells err AA or discs work.

Stop interchangeably mixing up what end game raid geared knights with vet AA and every toy in the game for the last decade can do with average joe knight.
  16. Krazzi Elder

My fault, misread it, said minus "2h" skills, thought they were giving you 30% defense and taking away your melee. Honestly I've never looked at warrior's abilities before. Still I've rather the 2 Handed skill be like 75% without minus.

Don't worry warriors, we Knights want to be fair. We don't want to take something from you without giving something back so.....you can kite now
  17. Gnomeland Augur

You're right, we've gone over this before, back in 2014 of all times: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...st-server-pet-mitigation-parse-thread.212579/

You see that passive incoming DPS on Shadow Knights against Warriors? Remember this is without Warriors using anything, as these were done before Warriors received their large round of changes that put them over the top. I have a hard time believing that you actually think, after the changes, that this is "balance" because Shadow Knights can heal themselves, considering how damage multiplies.

The ability to heal yourself has never made up for not getting killed in two rounds by a rare / three normal mobs. Warriors can tank those and laugh. Knights have a hard time surviving regardless of the ability to heal because of the damage burst. Just because player heals can keep even cloth up against current content, does not make it fine.
  18. Dre. Altoholic

So let's factor discs. That 1800dps is a difference of more like ~1k DPS. Are you really suggesting a Knight can't cover that gap with self-heals? Because I'm pretty sure my 3rd highest Pally alt (lvl 75'ish) can do that. Not to mention the ability to heal when it counts, e.g. just got nailed with an 80k spell hit, healer stunned/feared/charmed, etc.

We're venturing into some pretty subjective/anecdotal territory here. Suffice to say my perception doesn't match yours.
  19. Yimin Augur

I am very happy and excited they will address pet agro this up coming patch , I think when we all work together here we will come up with the perfect solution for pet agro ....I think I am liking where this is going, pet taunt on my pet defends me, pet taunt off tank keeps agro on groups and raids , if it is not perfect out of the gate, we as a group will perfect it I am sure :D

Yi Min
  20. p2aa Augur

I just don't know what to say... They made the same %. It just shows that whining seems to be the only way to get other class nerfed, no more test is done before giving abilities to others. Officially, knights MT as good or better than warriors, the warrior class is dead in raid. Seriously warriors need to react or we are gone for good. Ask for a lesser version for knights for example or ask for a boost in our actual mitigation. Also SK are the new official MT Raid Boss with Def prof and reaver bargain, Paladins are a good substitute in case and are the add tank / utility tank. Goodbye warriors.
    I'm just completly disgusted atm.