Eye of Life/Eye of Decay

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Orbital101 Augur

Is it possible to make the eye of life focus work on Healing Burst procs from weapons and shield bash. Kinda useless to use it as type 3 over what there is available for warriors thus making this completely useless in any context for pure melee. I cant tell for the Eye of Decay but im guessing it wont work on proc either? . Making 2 type 3 augs useless for pure melee... Where is the love in that?
  2. Riou EQResource

The max version of both combines them into 1 aug, procs are such a low amount of dmg/heal that that isn't even a consideration into using them with how strong they are for everything else
  3. Riou EQResource

To add more, all procs are flagged as level 255 for the most part, the eye of decay and eye of life purposefully stop giving benefit on any ability above level 110, they don't want the power to go on forever.

Probably so they can upgrade them in future expansions to add more "work" :p

If those procs have a level attached and they are less than 110 then they will get benefit
  4. Behelit Augur

add Limit: Combat Skill to the Eyes and they should work for at least some pure melee spells no? this would be the equivalent of what they do for casters/priests afaik.
  5. ShadowMan Augur

I see how these are from raids but how does one max them? And what combine?
  6. Sancus Augur

They increase in power as you complete more raid achievements. I believe there's a container somewhere (on the vendor?) to combine them once they're maxed.
  7. Riou EQResource

Slot 3: Limit Max Level: 110 (lose 100% per level)

This should prevent that in theory?

You'd have to ask Aristo the intention, but it seems he wants it to be something you upgrade every few years if they event want to keep the stuff in game at that time :p
  8. Riou EQResource

Combiner is from doing them all achievement in General iirc
  9. Behelit Augur

I'm talking about our 101-105 spells, currently the Eyes do nothing for melee since our stuff is all flagged Combat Skills if I understand correctly. It's why things like Shared Cruelty or Cry Havoc aren't being effected by Eye of Life when it appears its intended to (why else put Limit Effect: Skill Attack on something that also has Beneficial only limit). And I'm assuming the Eye of Decay won't work properly either.

I can understand them wanting to lvl cap it to prevent it working with AA or future spells, but I dont think it works at all for pure melee spells since it doesnt have the Combat Skills limit.
    Riou likes this.
  10. Brudal Augur

Eye of decay does increase the damage portion of our skill attacks. I only have the 1% so far but, but the min/max hits do increase.
  11. Aoth_Onya New Member

Can someone lay out the progression path for these 2 augments? I've recently gotten the Decay one and i want to see what i need to increase its power.
  12. Sarcogian Augur

Your raid needs to do raid achievements.
  13. Aoth_Onya New Member

We have, the Eye of Decay tells me that awards or some such await the Vanquisher of Vim and Vigor.
    I have that achievement but i cannot convert my Eye of Decay to next level. So i came here in search of additional information about it. And all i got was a lackluster and nonhelpful "advice".
  14. Cicelee Augur

You need to un augment your eye before you convert it.

Otherwise, raids completing certain Vanquisher raid achievements allows you to increase the power of the eye.
  15. Aoth_Onya New Member

I had the Achievement before i had the eye.
    i tried to convert it immediately. and when that didnt work, i zoned and tried again. neither worked
  16. Brudal Augur

Mine says the same and I have both /ach. Could be bugged, which is why when searching sites like Magelo, Eye of Decay is only listed at I where life has II - IV listed.
  17. Aoth_Onya New Member

My guild is just missing the all heroes achievement to get that eye of life, but we arent sure if its like the grp version or not, because the description for the raid version is a little wonky
  18. Lifeshriek Augur

It seems that the foci from these is not stacking with the Beastlord focus Frozen Miasma Fury on at least the current raid tunic, Deathseeker's Dragonbrood Tunic. Which means while you will get the effect from the tunic still, it blocks the eyes' foci from landing. I would suggest this might have implications for other classes as well that have spell effectiveness abilities.

One way to test this is to cast a single target healing spell such as Sabhattin's Mending for BST taking off your standard heal focus with and without the Eye of Life equipped and also without the tunic equipped in both instances. Take note of what the heal lands for. The two numbers should be different. After that, with your standard heal focus still unequipped, equip your tunic and check with and without the Eye of Life equipped. The two numbers should be different, however with the bug they will be the same. Eye of Decay can be tested similarly.
    Sancus likes this.
  19. Ssdar Augur

looks as if eye of decay is only working on discs that do non-melee damage. Tested with a few monk discs and only noticed a difference on vigorous shuriken and zalikor's fang. Hopefully combat skill damage can be added, otherwise it's only about a 4 dps increase for monks, probably similar for other pure melees.
  20. Blurred_Memories Augur

thoroughly disappointing.... i think i just shed a tear.... say it aint so!