Can only DPS at about 40% of normal with new pet aggro changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Danille, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Danille Augur

You are 100% correct. But they reverted most of the changes compared to what was initially implemented before the Brutial and the rest of the honest warriors decided to call out the scam. Lets shift back to the subject of pet aggro please. By all means take this to a different thread. Thanks.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Repeated tuning =/= reverting the changes. Pets saw a net decrease as a result of all that drama, and they apparently obliterated the power of the EM pet focus line at the same time (which sucks).

If you think a tank centric conspiracy was unmasked and the changes were "reverted" as a result....all one can do is chuckle.

Agreed, the math just seems wrong at the moment. Aggro management is a two way street and it's not the other's fault if the one struggling is ignoring their tools, regardless of which side it is.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

I suppose the key point there is that two DPS and a tank is generally far preferred above two tanks and a DPS. Not that such is a bad thing considering there are more DPS-centered classes than tank-centered classes. And let's be honest, whatever Wiz merc vs Warrior 2H looks like, is closer than comparing a proper DPS class is to either of those.

Tongue-in-cheek post aside, I think it's a fair balance point between blah DPS tanks with good defense/agro and high-DPS non-tanks with passable defense but shaky agro filling the tanking role. Bring in the metal and everyone can turn it up to eleven.

Regardless, I don't have any bigger of a problem with pets tanking than I do with, say... Rangers tanking. If every mob in the expansion is tankable by (insert non-tank filling a tank's role) then the problem is really the higher content tiers being undertuned.
    I think there's a happy medium somewhere between "can't tank for a Bard" and pets having so much agro that they are ever in a position where they are pulling agro from tanks. Perhaps another path to enabling pet class agro management in a solo situation is abilities that reduce or transfer the owner's agro rather than just mathematically boosting the pet's base attack to 'agro spamming tank'ish levels.

Similarly I'm sure there's happy place for servant types as well, which is actually easier to hit if main pet and pet owner agro is lower overall.
  4. Silv Augur

Given a tank merc can get you through almost everything this expansion progression (excludes some raid missions that obviously aren't even boxable) and hunter-wise... I'd agree a lot of the problems completely reside in current content tuning. However, that's a totally different topic for another thread heh

Although, even with content tuned "appropriately" I think we'd still be having this conversation about the pet changes to some extent.
    Danille likes this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Danille, Benzarden and menown like this.
  6. Benzarden Augur

Sheex and Danille like this.
  7. Danille Augur

8. strongbus Augur

Hostility likes this.
  9. Matari Augur

10. Hostility Elder

11. Silv Augur

Based on the number of MageRage threads posted around Feb. 17th we'll have a good idea.
    Quuq likes this.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

S'ok man. We still got the obligatory "I'm quitting anyway" goodness despite the evidence of changes coming. I guess when the sky has fallen it can't ever get back up again, eh?

I'll be curious to see how taunt/pet taunt changes work.
    Vexed likes this.
  13. Matari Augur

We have every right to be upset. The idea that pets tank for melee has been dead 2 years +. What we have been asking for is more raid viability, and all we get is nerf after nerf.
  14. Benzarden Augur

Well, that didn't take long. Didn't you quit your Mage though?
  15. Repthor Augur

quitting is such an ugly word , he prefers "temporarily not playing it untill later"
  16. Matari Augur

My mage is retired - haven't played him for awhile. No plans to play him anymore. However, this doesn't mean I am not playing. I started a SK/Wizard/Shaman box.
  17. Repthor Augur

may i suggest doing a druid rather then shaman. it will offer your box team better versitility. cheers
  18. Benzarden Augur

I understand. It must have been really tough having to manage aggro for the past 2 weeks. Poor thing.
  19. Leex Pewpewer

New topic!

Can't DPS at 100% in group content but once every 15 minutes, as that's the recast of host and the only way "of many" will work in group really..

:p
  20. Cicelee Augur

Isn't Host of Elements on a ten minute refresh timer...
    Danille and Leex like this.