You know your addicted to Everquest when:

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by JohnathanXFR, Feb 3, 2016.

1. JohnathanXFR New Member

Your whole family knows the Everquest theme song
  2. Silv Augur

Ask them to write lyrics for it based on being addicted :p

Then I will believe your post title :D
  3. WhycantIlogin New Member

Read it again and substitute your for "you are" that's how you know its meant to be "you're"
    You know you're addicted to everquest when:

You still have a subscription regardless of the current state of the game.
  4. Uuvin Augur

You know you're addicted to EQ when you try standing up and your legs feel weak from sitting too long and you start wishing for the days of yore.
  5. Geri_Petrovna Augur

You know your addicted to Everquest when: You buy half finished expansions, that are never ever being fixed.
  6. Tyraxor Augur

Not bad...i'll add something.
    You know you're addicted to Everquest when: You buy half finished expansions, then spend another good part of your time on forums with theorycrafting how it's all TLP fault.
    Elricvonclief and Ruven_BB like this.
  7. Feradach Augur

I once walked in to a Cabella's and when I saw one of their displays of a landscape scene in the northwest complete with taxidermied wildlife, the first thing that flashed through my mind was shock that "a white wolf" wasn't captioned over their heads. That's when I knew I had been spending way too much time right outside of Halas.
  8. Nick Elder

You know you're addicted to Everquest when the words "slash enter" get stuck in you're head
  9. Ruven_BB Augur

I was going on a trip Monday, and played all weekend, and Sunday night I thought screw it I can sleep on the plane, so I played through the night (was about 14 to 15 years ago). So on the plane, I'm looking at people and I see my game window looking at everything, wondering what loot they would drop.

Thank god I was too tired to find out.

Ruven
    Gyurika Godofwar and Feradach like this.
  10. kookoo Augur

You know you're addicted to Everquest when /played = 1000 days +
    Hiladdar likes this.
  11. Porterz73 Augur

You know you're addicted to Everquest when...

You threaten to rage quit your 5 or more accounts every time 1 of your bots is nerfed.
  12. Tanise Elder

I used to think R before replying to people, a couple times I even said r.

One night my mom asked me to bring her smokes I think, I was driving over there, tired and got all excited when a car pulled in front of me... I tried to type /follow on the steering wheel.
    anvil likes this.
  13. Agrippa Augur

You know you're an addict when you say "Lol" to someone instead of laughing out loud.

You know you're an addict when your average play time each week is greater than most part time jobs.

You know you're an addict when your credit card is continually charged for fully released content still in alpha state three months later.

You know you're an addict when you hit these forums daily.

You know you're an addict when you do more time digging through third party sites for basic information than actually playing the game.

You know you're an addict when you've added to this thread.
  14. Silv Augur

I believe I qualify, or have at some time, for all of those points :eek:

Thinking of EQ in-game commands happens to me regularly. Luckily my boss can't read my mind when I'm thinking /q.
    Klak, Gyurika Godofwar and anvil like this.
  15. Porterz73 Augur

Some good ones here ... I'll add a few more for fun

- When you have spent enough time playing EQ to get a masters degree and still wonder why new people to the game just aren't very good.

- When you spend actual money to obtain items that will be replaced in weeks or months. (Beyond sub/exp fee that is)

- When your upset that an expansion release date has been delayed because you have already booked your vacation from work.(Only applies to addicts who actually work)

- When you get a call at 3AM to log in for a possible raid and your happy to be awaken.

- When you call in sick because yet another double XP event is in progress

Dam this game is fun ! At least EQ doesn't cause lunge disease (Unless you only smoke while playing EQ)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Tour Augur

You know you're an addict when even though you enjoy your time playing, you still think it may not be all that bad, if not perhaps welcome, if the game sunsets.
  17. anvil Elder

You know you're addicted to Everquest when upper management people show up at work and you tell your co-workers that "Red-con raid mobs have pathed into our camp. Train to zone!!!!!!!!!!"
  18. Silv Augur

1. Doing holiday/seasonal housing decorations for the guild hall kills me and takes way too much of my money :D

2. This past year I just told my boss - 'I'm taking off Thursday and Friday because the video game I play has new content releasing'. lol

And EQ could have probably caused me lung disease since I would smoke during raids but I quit a week ago so maybe I saved myself but still get EQ :cool:
    Gyurika Godofwar and Nniki like this.
  19. Mintalie Augur

My boss would literally fire me if I told him the days I took off to play EQ. o_O
  20. Silv Augur

I bet your boss wouldn't be entertained by cats in a bag either! What a grump!