Can only DPS at about 40% of normal with new pet aggro changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Danille, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Benzarden Augur

Leet bard solo skills. Swarm kiting summoning mobs in densely packed zones is pro. But the class description says bards can solo, mmkay?!

"Bards do well both alone and in groups."
    Quuq likes this.
  2. Repthor Augur

if the class description says so it must be true dontcha know
  3. Gnomeland Augur

No mage ever asked to tank for all groups/raids. For causes not known to us and without ever talking to mages about it, they changed 15+ years of rules on pet tanking and then, in order to "fix" their change, which resulted in tank classes not even being able to pull aggro from pets in groups, they decided not to revert it, but to nerf pet aggro into the ground.

This is what is especially annoying about this change - the fact that they sold it as an improvement, when it is the opposite. No pet is going to be tanking for any competent group with the way pet aggro works presently, because you'd need to sacrifice a huge amount of DPS to not pull aggro from pets. In fact, they drastically nerfed pet classes' ability to solo, molo, and run their traditional range only groups. Thus, even though the change was sold as a positive, it is in fact a negative - a nerf that people who are not pet classes think is an improvement.

This is what they ought to have said:

"Pet classes: we have reduced the overall aggro generated by pets and swarm pets. The goal is to reduce the viability of pet tanking in soloing, moloing, and grouping situations. Your pets are only designed to be mediocre/poor off tanks for situations where there are no pullers/crowd control, and we have changed them to reflect this fact. You are now balanced with rangers, monks, and rogues who serve the same purpose in groups. Have fun looking for groups!"

Because then it'd have been accurate.
    Danille likes this.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Uhhh, can you show us the dev post "selling" this change? Maybe I missed something, but all I saw was the note on the test/patch notes and it was worded rather vaguely and likely intentionally benign.

Projecting rear end hurt =/= Developer intent. Whenever they decide to elaborate we'll know more, but from the way people react to literally any change whatsoever (even ones with positive effects), it's not difficult to guess why they're not rushing to the forums to explain over punch and pie.

(My opinion: I don't think this is intentional - it's definitely a huge change as is - so hopefully there's fixes inc)
    Vexed likes this.
  5. Gnomeland Augur

Their "post" selling it mentioned only that they changed it so that pets could now tank for characters in melee, and then their second "post" mentioned they nerfed pet aggro but gave a new ability that improved aggro. None of it says what their goal was but people automatically thought it was to improve the pet classes.

We'll see, but I'm pretty sure the changes are here to stay.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Alrighty then. If that's what you're going with for logic I think we're done with that point.

Care to place a wager on that?
  7. Battleaxe Augur

While I certainly don't have any special insight into what developers think nor do I speak for them, IMO they often do not participate in heated discussions with some players suggesting devs are out to ruin the game/are incompetent, players make personal attacks, there are ludicrous demands, etc.

And when they do comment it's often a response (I'll look into it, Working As Intended, Oops, etc.) not joining a continuous discussion. Moreover it's frequently an interesting topic not discussed in one form or another 25 times. (Example the Melee Attack Pseudocode thread that was posted on TSW [no longer viewable]).

Seriously there's no good reason for a paid employee to jump waste deep into a pie fling in CrazyTown.
  8. Mintalie Augur

I'd like to find whatever mage did Beimeith wrong and give them what for.
    Pirlo, Danille and Coronay like this.
  9. Sancus Augur

While he's certainly entitled to his opinion, I have a hard time seeing Beimeith as the victim in this scenario...
    Danille likes this.
  10. Benzarden Augur

Dev Beimeith, Scapegoat for All Nerfs
    Danille, Dre. and Vexed like this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

He's at best Co-Scapegoat. Remember the warrior with all the parses during the rounds of major pet mitigation changes? Name escapes me atm but folks will remember him. At least, when talking about Mage complaint threads, that guy deserves a piece of the title as well, imo!
  12. Yimin Augur

If you can solo does me zero harm ,if someone has the skills to go it alone , my hat is off too them what ever there class maybe .

I am very happy I have made switch from Mage to Bst took me awhile to become a great Bst .

Yi Min
  13. Yimin Augur

Did not have to ask for it mage could always tank for raid and groups ,this was nothing new this was going on in 1999 ..In fact My Earth pet was tanking ROF raid boss ...and befor that VOA etc etc etc . Who would tank for cleric when he/she got 1.0 why Mage fire pet did..well my pet did if no one else did ...But we cant now this is for sure hehe ...

And I will ask for it no issue , please allow us pet class to tank for group and raids again ,please and thank you :D

Yi Min
  14. Sancus Augur

And this is why we can't have nice things...
    Mintalie, Igniz, Xinj and 1 other person like this.
  15. Reval Augur

Yi Min's attitude is my favorite though. It is very positive.
  16. Enkel Augur

Not every mage is credible, or knowledgeable about the class. You know what I mean, Sanc?
    Igniz and Sancus like this.
  17. Behelit Augur

Sancus > Enkel, just sayin...
  18. Sancus Augur

Blasphemy :eek:

But he should still come raid again so we can be sure!
  19. Enkel Augur

He enjoys screwing with me, no matter the subject.
  20. Danille Augur

Not sure who the warrior was who was spreading the lies but Brutal was the warrior who took the mage's side. He is one of several honest warriors who proved the minority of vocal warriors were trying to BS the developers!