Can only DPS at about 40% of normal with new pet aggro changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Danille, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Iila Augur

Wow, that's why no one believed we could kill damsel on her first port down.
    Igniz, menown and Sancus like this.
  2. Utaerx Elder

It should go without saying those parses aren't accurately picking up all the damage from the DoTs, and on most events we outparse the mages. I have to admit though, our mages are usually pretty competitive on the parse, so I can't really argue with your basic premise.
  3. Iila Augur

The mages are actually doing pretty well on those parses, but the wizards and other classes that should be above them aren't doing so well.

Necros don't show up on anyone's parses, so they don't count.

Can I app to RoV as a wizard if I wear a hero's forge robe?
    Igniz, Leex, Mayfaire and 2 others like this.
  4. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

5. Sancus Augur

This made my day :)
    Iila likes this.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I believed you, I just didn't care. You aren't the only guild to have done it anyway.
    On that note I also believe other guilds were abusing the berserker thing, but I didn't care enough to get involved in that mess either.

The mages did pretty good, but they could have done better. The Wizards on those parses did poorly, as did the berserkers, monks and rangers. And of course the necros should have killed everyone and stood at range to avoid being parsed.
  7. Naugrin Augur

Anashti Sul, Damsel of Decay in 520s, 1167241k @2244694sdps

#1 Zerker 70043k@(136005dps in 515s)
    #2 Ranger 66076k@(128552dps in 514s)
    #3 Rogue 63799k@(123641dps in 516s)
    #4 Wizard 63638k@(126266dps in 504s)
    #5 Naugrin 60152k@(117255dps in 513s)
    #6 Necro 59896k@(116756dps in 513s)
    #7 Necro 59264k@(115976dps in 511s)
    #8 Zerker 53981k@(104411dps in 517s)
    #9 Rogue 50076k@(96860dps in 517s)
    #10 Mage 48842k@(95769dps in 510s)

This is fairly typical for us on damsel I think....so I call bs on no one being able to touch a wizard.
  8. RangerGuy Augur

Master Sage and Warleader require a strat to work around their stuff. Everything is trivialized by complete burn or a dispel click and then burn.

You do you realize how fast some classes can drop 7- 20 million damage these days?
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I count 5/10 casters on that parse so I think they know how it works. Why would you possibly think / say that unless you were just talking ?
  10. Enkel Augur

We both know they're saying the parses are low.
  11. Mayfaire Augur

Yeah. It's so low we have killed her on the first port down a number of times now.

Lawd, the people in this forum sometimes. smh o_O
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

They're low if we're talking about your guild or mine, but that looks pretty normal for most parses for most guilds I've seen, and I've probably seen more parses than anyone. (Queue conspiracy theories).
  13. Iila Augur

Roughly the same duration as our last kill, 520 seconds vs 518.

We had a certain, unnamed necromancer heal her 3x during the burn, though.
    Igniz, Spellfire and Sancus like this.
  14. Mayfaire Augur

lol, glad to know it's not just our necros. Guess we can't even pry corruption out of their cold, dead hands, amiright? :D
    Igniz and Sancus like this.
  15. Iila Augur

It was totally to pad his parse.
    Mintalie, Igniz, Quuq and 3 others like this.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Shennron?
    Enkel and Qulas like this.
  17. Iila Augur

That's our Shennron!
  18. Enkel Augur

Are you referring to me, or the person that Beimeith responded too?
  19. Mayfaire Augur

To wherever the shoe fits, lol.
    Mintalie likes this.
  20. Makavien Augur

You underestimate your own classes group utility by so much it is not even funny. Even if I didn't box a magician I would always make a spot in a progression group / named farming group for a magician . Out of all dps classes you have the Most group utility. You are more utility than dps !

noun
    1. the state of being useful, profitable, or beneficial.
    adjective
    1.useful, especially through being able to perform several functions.
    "an everquest magician"

Let's see how can I show you how extremely useful you are .

#1 You provide the best long term and short term damage shield .
    #2 You provide the 3rd most dps out of all caster classes. 2nd most in a group setting.
    #3 You make traveling around while doing progression 5 times faster.
    #4 You make camping multiple named faster than any other class in the game. (I usually camp 5 - 8 camps within the respawn time with my 3 box group.)
    #5 You can remove beneficial buffs on any npc.
    #6 You get boosted by pretty much every adps class where as wizards do not and as far as I know neither do necros.
    #7 You can cast both perfected invis and perfected invis to undead making traveling through mixed zones a breeze.
    #8 With a real healer your earth pet can step in and tank pretty much everything if needed.
    #9 You give the group more mana which ends up enabling less break times.
    #10 Once they fix servants (which they will) you can offtank 2 - 3 different npcs at the same time while also dpsing with a real healer.
    #11 You summon all kinds of goodies to make everyone's job easier or more fun .

Quit down playing your own class this is why the developers prolly don't feel like answering you about anything.

Also comparing classes come on. I have duoed mostly every named that has ever existed since kunark with just a cleric ,druid or shaman partner. And I still do not feel entitled to always be able to do this for the rest of the game's existence.

Just because I was able to clear the frenzy , ghoul lord and a couple other camps with a necromancer healing me back before kunark came out , does not mean I should be able to do the same thing in every single expansion that has released since.

And just because I parsed in the top 10 for years and was the baseline dps above even hybrids up to a certain point does not mean I should make 10 threads in one week about it being changed back to what it was before .

I am sorry you were able to steamroll content for a little bit with just your healer mercenary . But that does not entitle you to continue to be able to do so forever.

Most guilds recruit for raids based on being able to smoothly do raids without any emo attitudes and preserving the fun of the game . Each member helping each other out and being friends . You can't judge the entire game from a limited view .

And I add this because most guilds have more than one mage and some guilds even hope to find more skilled mages that enjoy beating content while still having fun and enjoying the company and camaraderie that comes with a guild and raiding.