Test Update 01/21/16

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Hludwolf Developer

Test update to bring in all changes from live.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Will there be any notes Hludwolf?
  3. Leex Pewpewer

If your intentions were to net pets better aggro management you failed. One spear with no discs running steals aggro =/.

If your intentions were to kill pet tanking, congratulations.

Can we now get our rains boosted? ;)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  4. Angahran Augur

shouldn't changes be going from test TO live not the other way around ?
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Don't complain, at least they are being quick on fixing some of the issues :D
    Essarsin82 likes this.
  6. Iila Augur

you must be new here
  7. Makavien Augur

The pet aggro change did not seem to fix phantom aggressor it actually seems that it now jumps up in hate a bit faster.

I hope you guys are also listening to the feedback on the pet aggro changes reduce the nerf by 50 %

Make the Demeanor lines an aura that radiates from the main pet and effects all pets the player casts .

Make targeted area of effects not hit any pets or familiars.

Make swarm pets not able to be charmed or when they are do not allow them to take spots on the extended target window.

These changes should fix every issue that pets cause on raids that are outside the owners control right now and will also make them more tank friendly.

Pets could be annoying sometimes to tanks but this was by far an overnerf without a well thought out adjustment to make them more controllable.
    Leex and Sancus like this.
  8. Angahran Augur

The new pet agro/deagro AA, any chance of making that a button in the pet window (like taunt) instead of an AA we have to remember to click every time we summon a pet ?
    beryon likes this.
  9. Txranger New Member

Last Stand still seems to be messed up i click it and get the timer on the disc but don't get the benefit
  10. Hiladdar Augur

On Bertox, after this patch, I have experienced several zone crashes, in instances (both instances and raids), guild hall, and regular zones.
  11. Riou EQResource

They make some changes during Test's patch before it goes Live that Test doesn't get until after to catch up, and sometimes Live has to emergency patch that has immediate priority (since paying customers and all that) where Test will be brought equal later instead, they do this at least like every other months patch
  12. Hludwolf Developer

You are correct. Also, there are no notes for fixes to exploits or exploit-y things.

This is a reminder for everyone to keep these threads on topic to help us in finding the issues with the patches. Off topic discussions should be held elsewhere. Thank you!
  13. Leex Pewpewer

Pet aggro should be an on topic discussion, no? That being said, I think you guys bugged the AA and possibly miscalculated ? Please add about 50% more hate to that pet AA on top of whatever it generates please, and thank you.
    Sancus and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. Malbro Augur

What pet aggro / deaggro AA? We have pet calm and it should be refunded as it was negated.

Pet aggro is still nerfed
  15. Drayze Elder

Any change that negatively effects the magician class typically doesn't get discussed because....reasons

See the rain nerf for example....

It is truly sad the state the magician class is in currently...

The ultimate fix now would be to make a 1 shot class change potion, put it in the magicians inventory and then announce they are deleting the class 1 month from now.

Then they can spend more time on other things...

Or

Talk to the magician community for ideas to help fix things with the pet aggro aa's and other things but that would make too much sense.
    Sancus likes this.
  16. Leex Pewpewer

I disagree with you here..The pets are actually in a condition where they aren't usable, or almost not usable. I don't think that the degree of this pet hate change was intentional. Possibly a miscalculation on their part when adding up exactly how much hate the pet will generate..

At least that's my hope. So as of right now, I'll call it a bug and see if I can get the devs to give an official response if this was intended or not.

Literally within 3 casts of my spears with no discs running I'm ganking aggro, sometimes within just 1 spear cast, so imho I can't see how it's not bugged..
  17. Angahran Augur