Test Update 01/13/2016

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Axxius Augur

They do now. It was fixed in the previous patch already.
  2. Eniner Augur

Hey there so its been a while since you came to test i see. Not to fear simply put test as the patcher then validate your games files which will force it to patch it to test.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. JinkGuk New Member

Shield of Dreams update .... i hope you also scaled the ac on the shield as it is a bit lacking with out the slot 9 aug and by that i mean its about the same level as a shield from group named in CoTF. Lets be honest this shield has 10 more ac and about 1k more hp then Abandoned Bulwark but this shield will not be of any use to anyone with it current base ac now if the shield had a base ac of 270 then it might be worth using for a pre-raid geared, group geared player.

In all honesty i would use a shield with 400 ac and 500hp over a shield with 200ac and 10k hp ... but that is my opinion and is pretty much the right one using eq damage mitigation logic ... damage spikes decrease by a noticeable amount from a 200 ac shield to a 400 ac shield ... but i honestly wonder how you expect group level players to kill a group level named mob that has a single target dd of 100k hp and hits for over 35k and if you do not believe that there are named mobs like that in TBM just do some of the heroic missions ... If you put content of that level in the group level domain then you should follow suit with the appropriate armor ... so get a 2 to 3 player group that are geared in nothing but group armor, have them pop there merc's so its 4 to 6 players in the group, but the healer must be a merc ... no real clerics and try to take down some of the named mobs in the heroic and progression missions. Then rethink taking this shield slot 9 away because its probably the only reason someone with group gear could face that content. This game has a balance to it, so unless you are going to change the way damage is mitigated, then you need to provide the proper tools(gear) to handle the content. And i know what you are thinking, what about augs? ... a lot of good augs take time to build up. i'm a tank and one of the augs i use is 35 ac 65 hp others have no ac and just 200+ hp plus some heroic stats .... I've played this game for a long long time and recently just came back after a break and have been playing again for over a year now but i still have augs i use from 5 exps ago because like i said getting augs takes a lot of time and the appropriate players. So do not believe that everyone has the best augs possible for there level because the majority of players will not especially group geared players ... which cant tank TDS tier 3 group named with out dieing 2 or 3 times at least during the fight.

Anyway ac has a lot of importance to being able to progress in this game for tanks and having gear which has lower ac then previous expansions will do nothing but be used for tribute. So unless this gives me 1mil in tribute so i can active all the ac trophies and tribute abilities that are in the game do us a favor and if you nerf it nerf it properly the first time so we dont have to come back to the point that a useless item will not lore people to play the game ...

So i vote NO on nerfing shield of dreams because its actually about right with the scaling of named mobs in ha and progression for TBM.
  4. Khat_Nip Meow

That is simply not reasonable.
  5. Caziku Lorekeeper

Monks: Good news about our set armour, I can confirm that the tiger claw and flying kick mods are indeed on the armour. So we can rejoice about this. :)

However! Our 2HB weapon (formally know as The Tainted Maw on live servers) has now changed its name to The Shattering Maw.

Not only that, but it has a different graphic. Not to my taste but that's the least of our worries.

As for other changes, the sympathetic proc on it is now gone and in its place we got a higher rank of strike of corruption. This is fine of course, but not the only change.

The type 3 aug slot is removed. This means no more +atk / fk or whatever aug you wanted to have there anymore. This has been changed to slot 5 so we can have the multiple stat aug in it. This is a welcome change for me.

Now the only thing I'm not happy about is that they REMOVED the second slot 8. This means we can no longer have two +18dmg augs on the weapon. :( I'd love to see this added back.

All in all, a great update. Just want my double type 8 slots back on the shattering maw. Thanks!
    Ssdar likes this.
  6. Prathun Developer

All signs point to the High Bokon Boromas raid being one of the easiest raids in The Broken Mirror, instead of one of the hardest. Guilds have beat it with half a raid, in less than 5 minutes (the enrage timer was 20), or without knowing the mechanics. While there are certainly situations where we intended for a raid to be easier than prior events, High Bokon Boromas was not one of those situations... and certainly not to this extent.

We are confident that it can be completed in version 2.0 and we look forward to hearing feedback about how it goes.
  7. Telkiney Elder

Awesome update devs!!! I know a lot of work when in and it is much appreciated.

However I'd be remiss if I didn't take every opportunity while there are aa and class skill corrections that Thunderfoot the monk AA proc is still not procing at the 12% proc rate mentioned in patch 12/9 - very testable if anyone can look into that we all would be eternally grateful.

Once again though, Awesome update!!
  8. Caziku Lorekeeper

Yes, confirmed that thunder foot still not performing as it is intended. Would be eternally grateful as well, if this could be looked into. Cheers!
  9. Sancus Augur

Thanks! I actually finally tried that earlier today and got test working. It was an issue that had been really annoying for weeks so glad to have it fixed.
  10. Ducreux Augur

Is the zone of Shadowrest being sunsetted? And is this just to prevent TLP players from using it as a way to preserve buffs while idling online?
  11. Dropfast Augur

Yes please can you look into Monk thunderfoot issue. The problem is not the proc rate it's self, but rather the coding to apply it to ALL of our flying kicks as it should. Such as Synergy kicks, Stunning Kick, and the bonus kicks from T. of Master Wu - AA

Also, Like Axxius said, It looks like you put the wrong procs on the wrong belts. Please switch them around, melee procs on clearly caster belts is silly!
  12. Makavien Augur

I would guess it's being used to hold lore items since it says something about getting your lore items off the corpses ?
  13. Kiillz Augur

Prathun, can we ONCE and FOR all, for the love of all things holy, address Thunderfoot please? I m practically begging here, for all monks, and as Drop said its not so much in the rate as in it should be coded into all our kick attacks, that in itself would fix how many times it goes off. Please sir, its a HUGE means to an end in our dps, this isnt about e here or having to beat out other classes, its an intended huge integral part to our dps and its just not working right.
    Ssdar and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. Silentchaos Augur

Awesome, thank you for changing this.

In the give an inch, take a mile spirit: any chance we can get you to change it to Fire X? :p
    Ssdar, Axxius, Apoc and 1 other person like this.
  15. Watajoke Journeyman

Can we use the CoTF Boon of the Seeress focus instead? overdrive punch is weak and gets resisted alot. most melee dps using girdle of the weaponmaster are most likely still not going to upgrade.
    Kiillz likes this.
  16. Kiillz Augur

also can we possibly get Overdrive Punch on melee belts switched to the weaponmaster effect Boon of the Seeress?
  17. Tadenea Augur

in my opinion those effects might have been better as Type 3 aug belt only
  18. Taiqwon Augur

And Crane Stance to just make sure it isn't overlooked.

Thanks to the devs for remembering monks on the gear +skill mods! Much appreciated!
    Ssdar likes this.
  19. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Just FYI: this was stated as intentional as a response to a posted issue over on the issue tracker.
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-621
  20. Triconix Augur

There's already a Boon of the Seeress belt. They have both options available.
    [IMG]