Where to level?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Xanyani, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Xanyani New Member

Need some help. It's been over a decade since I last played this game. Is there a guide anywhere showing what zones with levels people go to xp now days? After crushbone I'm completely lost. :(
  2. Xanumbik Augur

its easiest i think to just start in crescent reach and go from there the quests pretty much guide you to which zone to go to for each levels up into the seventys.
  3. Borek-VS Augur

OK...

Most popular levelling route is going to be Crescent Reach, Blightfire Moors to start with, although there's nothing wrong with the old nostalgia trip, it's just likely to be a little slower, with some exceptions (e.g. Kurn's Tower).

The biggest factor is being able to take on the daily quests from Franklin Teek, which depends on how well chosen the accompanying hot zones were (e.g. Plane of Air, really bad choice). You can start these from level 16 up, all the way to 105.

A few of my most liked zones for levelling: City of Mist, the Hole, Split Paw, Grieg's End. If you have a tank merc you can handle most things on your own.
    Raptorjesus5 and Egat like this.
  4. Weverley Augur

Yeah do the tutorial which gonna give you a set of defiant and when u zone into crescent a book gonna appear on your cursor.It's called hero's journey and tells you which quest to do to get other piece of gear s.It also tells you which zones to go if you want to continue get defiant gear.It's mostly associated with serpent spine expansion til the 70s.They also mention the franklin teek quest when you move into the 20s.
  5. Xanyani New Member

Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm on the Phinigel server.
  6. Kalimiir22 New Member

I only just got out of the mines last night, with the help of some friendly players on my server. Basically, just go to crescent reach to start and follow the quests from there, it basically guides you along which zone to go through when you level. You'll get little pop ups that tell you where you should go next.

Good luck friend.
  7. Raptorjesus5 Augur

+1 for Tutorial > Crescent Reach > Blightfire.

Personally I recommend doing all the quests in the tutorial, then doing all the quests in Crescent Reach for the Hero's Journey for the complete set of gear that will last you until 50+ easily.

After that doing quests becomes much less useful. I'd say pick and choose at that point based on what the rewards are.
  8. Gundolin Augur

Yep and after that do the Teak Hot zone quests till you reach level 66ish. 66 I'd split off of Teak and go to the Farm in Dragonscale Hills and do the Scarecrows, Doombugs, and Crows quests (three separate quests can be taken simultaneously).
  9. Kaelang New Member

Crushbone, Unrest, LGUK, UGUK then I don't know.

(From what I've heard from the chat)
    Raludar likes this.
  10. crash n'burn Journeyman

Burstaf likes this.
  11. Reht The Dude abides...

12. Dahaman Augur

Levels 1 thru 3: West Freeport
    Levels 4-ish thru 11: North Ro
    Levels 12 thru 18: South Ro

That is simple for sure and gets you started. Collect spiderling silk and spider silk as decent items to sell to other players.

It will take you a bit of time on the new TLP server to level. Check back and/or let your playing guide you at that point.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

If you're on Phinny, just follow the people. I would imagine, of all the servers, it's the easiest one to find a group.

Tat
  14. Weverley Augur

Depends which starting city he is on too each has a different path to follow.If for example he's on qeynos that would be north qeynos-qeynoshill-blackburrow and so forth. If he startedin felwithe or greater faydark then yeah gfay-crushbone-unrest-mistmoore.But watching chat would tell him who need what. and where.
  15. Borek-VS Augur

If he's asking about Crushbone, then he's looking for a Faydwer path, which really does mean 12-15 (or higher) plus, and with high population that could mean Butcherblock chessboard, Unrest beetles, Steamfont minotaurs, or make the trip to Freeport for more options. I'd favour Unrest in most situations.
    DDMasterX likes this.
  16. Dahaman Augur

Question: Where is a good spot to test my solo mage at level 19? South Ro was good thru 18th, but it really dropped at 19th.

My memory fails me after this many years from playing classic. I can't remember a good spot to solo next. I wandered thru a few zones (Beholder's Maze, Karanas, Lavastorm, Lake Rathetear, Feerott) that supposedly had level appropriate mobs, but the mob density was just plain sparse. Since mage pets can't tank multiples anymore, dungeons (hard to solo before) are right out of course.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My home city is Qeynos if that makes a difference.

I play on Phinny, so it has to be a classic EQ zone.

Thanks!
  17. Borek-VS Augur

South Karana, aviak city, gnoll spires or centaurs; Lake Rathetear, aviaks or gnolls. It's more a matter of locating areas in zones with reasonable respawn rates and static(ish) spawns.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  18. Raptorjesus5 Augur

My personal favorite is the Karanas. North, South, East should all be pretty good at 19.
  19. Anhari Augur

Look at Alla's Level chrt. Stick to thje classic zones and decide which zones are gonna be good for your level. It is just a guide to zones for levels that may/may not be best to exp in.

BTW I just started on Phinny this week, so if you need to chat, send me a tell (Ariprox)

Still low level since my playtime is limited, and the exp rate is dismal (boy that reminds me of classic when it first came out!)

Aripox
  20. Parkers Journeyman

I think on Phenigel, when you ding it still pops up with the window suggesting the next zone to go too. Just another choice. Explore, make friends, join a guild..best way to level on Phenigel in my opinion.