Canceling my accounts

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Adumbral, Dec 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This. They have zero experience with EverQuest's latest expansions. Have they tried Plane of War on Live?
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I wonder why some of these WoW people still post here after promising to quit.
  3. Elkay Augur

Because Velious through PoP were memorable raiding times and I wanted to experience them again as current content. That won't happen here with the the current XP rate and 15 or so hours a week playing. Like I said, I'm not bishing, I'm just stating what my expectation was, and how this didn't deliver. It is what it is.
  4. Adumbral Journeyman

I was asked what Reasonable would be an i think setting it to what RF/LJ is just fine maybe 75 % of that but what it is now is just way way to slow i would even be fine with killing 2 blues gets u 1 % but atm killing like 4-5 blues for 1 % xp if u are lucky thats crap
    Elkay likes this.
  5. Bobbydomino Elder

You keep spewing the same nonsense. You got to level 6 on day 1, the worst levels. You'd be 15-20 by now.
  6. Ishkur Elder

Can you put "tremendously better" into numbers? Earlier in this thread someone boasted of 2 hours / level in the teens. It's hard to extrapolate that without knowing exactly how much more xp each level will take as you get higher, but needless to say it's well over 100 hours of actual grouping to hit 50 at that rate.

Elsewhere it was suggested by one of the fastest levelers so far (44 in 66 hours, constant potions) that it might take casual players around 200 hours, given they won't have ideal permagroups and perfect routing with xp potions running 100% of the time and no competition for spawns.

So, assuming it will take somewhere between 150-200 hours to hit 50, in order to do it in 6 weeks you're going to have to put in ~30 hours a week.
  7. code-zero Augur

^^ this! Obviously Classic raiding in EQ is almost brain dead easy, quite a few players on live will have a character or two parked permanently at 52 just to one group or even solo Vox and Naggy.

If any top level WoW raid was in fact 16x more difficult than the PoW raids then no one could lay claim to raiding them because they'd never have completed them
  8. Elkay Augur

But the XP starts getting slowed, and fewer higher level camps with fewer players to pop instances makes for congestion. The ones nearing cap have a perfectly optimal XP run and are burning XP pots constantly. Players that have gotten to almost 50 are estimating it taking 200 hours plus for your average player to cap.
    Playing 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, 12 weeks gives you 180 hours per expansion. Can you see how this just simply doesn't add up? It's unrealistic.
  9. Ishbu Augur

This isnt a server for people who have been starting up on other servers to just get to raid. It is a server all on its own and does not take into account if you are a brand new player, a returning player from 15 years ago, a player who has played one server since launch, or a player who has re-rolled on 10 different servers. None of that matters.

This is a new server that if someone chose to play on, would know that the grind really is the game in EQ these days, especially when talking about old old content, and that the fresh start would require a new grind.
    Sway-SA likes this.
  10. Elkay Augur

See my previous comment. The timeline doesn't make sense. And 3 hours, 5 days a week is hardly casual.
  11. Bobbydomino Elder

100 over a month and a half is nothing for most people still playing this game after 15 years, especially when you count weekends.

I play 2-3 hours and I get super tired. I check back 6 hours later and people from my previous group are still in the same zone killing stuff.
  12. Thraine Augur

Who cares, just play the game or dont .. most of us play to just play. my cleric is only lvl 4 and im ok with that. Ive gotten my blacksmithing to 25 and a few peices of patchwork armor, however i am looking forward to a nice wooden shield :)

Play the game at your own pace, who cares about the rest
    Steampunk and Sway-SA like this.
  13. Tweelis Augur

I'm curious about a few things regarding the quitters/whiners. Have any of you tried raiding at lower levels? Yes it can happen and is viable to form up a group/guild/raid at even level 15 and take on much higher level content than a group of 15's can. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

Way back when the FV server opened up there was a large contingent of regular posters on the alla's boards. We decided to make our own guild and do some crazy stuff. My first "raid" consisted of thirty (or thereabouts) toons keeping the assassin supplier area cleared....I was one of the tanks at level 24. So when people post that the game is all about raiding at max level I roll my eyes at them just like my tween daughter does.

@Tulgin
    Believe it or not there are some people in this world that don't want or expect their participation trophy to be the same size at the winners trophy. Similarly we don't want/expect freebie handouts for no effort. This line of thinking goes way way way beyond EQ.

Here's an analogy for ya. My children have been taking a martial art class for awhile. In the studio there's a lost and found box. Inside this box are gi's and belts of all sizes; many of them have been in there for a very long time. I could easily take a gi and black belt out of the box and put them on. Now I would in fact be wearing the same outfit as their sensi. Would that mean I've actually attained a blackbelt? Nope! I would certainly be wearing a blackbelt and have the garb to make my transformation complete but I didn't put in the effort or time to actually earn it.

Same thing goes for getting max level in EQ. If you want the reward go do what you need to do to attain it rather than complain about not getting it handed to you.
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-fallible-mind/201201/the-key-self-esteem-accomplishment
    Sway-SA and Thraine like this.
  14. Bobbydomino Elder

You're talking about it like it's a part time job. Most people play on the week-end, not 3 hour week day shifts. Add in a 8 hour "shift" on saturdays like most casuals do and you'll be max level in a month.
  15. Ishbu Augur

3 hours a day 5 days a week will get you to 60 long long before PoP and able to experience all raid content. Do you have a point besides made up numbers that will not hold true over time and you know it?
  16. Thawg Elder

I just think it's a silly question because it would never happen. Hey everyone here's a free lvl 50 character thanks for showing up!

Derp. Ok thanks!

Of course people would. People love free.
  17. Elkay Augur

Not made up numbers. Hitting 60 for when PoP hits is not raiding in era, and that's not what I even said.
  18. Tore Lorekeeper

Can I have your stuff?
  19. Ishkur Elder

That's 100 hours of leveling, not 100 hours /played. It's likely going to be closer to 200 /played for most people, if they ever get that far. At only 2-3 hours a day, you'll be lucky to get there by the time Kunark is released, especially as you'll be dropping behind the curve and have to spend more time finding groups as the days go on.

At the current rate, 15 hours a week won't get you to 50 until Kunark opens, and maybe not even to 60 before Velious. People who want to experience raids in-era won't get there without putting in a bunch more time than that.
    Elkay likes this.
  20. Elkay Augur

/trade rat ears
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.