Canceling my accounts

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Adumbral, Dec 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adumbral Journeyman

Well would like to say ty DBG you ruined the new server with this XP PENALTY being you made it for hardcore players only to be able to raid was so looking forward to the sever too everything you did with it was right other then that XP PENALTY..... PS have friend's that are Canceling as well ill come back once you change the xp rate to something reasonably
    Dynian, B1A2C3D6 and Elkay like this.
  2. Bobbydomino Elder

What level are you?
  3. Sway-SA New Member

BYE!
    andross77 likes this.
  4. Works Elder

..reasonably what? The suspense is killing me.
    Xanadas likes this.
  5. Bobbydomino Elder

It's terrible that all these people are quitting. But.. obviously they haven't made it to Unrest, where the exp is still super fast.
  6. Thraine Augur

Go back to WoW where all you have to do is log on to receive raid loot and max lvl
    Xanadas, andross77 and Lemuelbaruch like this.
  7. Tulgin Augur

Who cares about max level, game starts then anyway.

Considering maybe 0.2% of WoW actually has end game loot I think it's harder than EQ.
    Reht and frankie78227 like this.
  8. Thraine Augur

well considering all the complaining and entire threads about how many billions of exp points it takes to get there ... i would say more than a handful care about max lvl. Adumbral canceled his accounts cause he cant handle better than classic exp gain, i bet you 20 plat he wants to be max lvl :p
  9. Tulgin Augur

I mean who cares that WoW gives max level instantly, it's not a big deal. The game starts at max level. So saying it's something negative is nonsensical.

Hate on WoW all you want, but their dev team is infinitely more competent than EQ's.
    Pirlo, B1A2C3D6, Reht and 1 other person like this.
  10. Vaclav Augur

I expect you'll be back around the week of Jan 7th or so then. That's my projection for when they'll adjust it upwards. I'm usually pretty decent with feeling these things out, lets see how accurate I am this time.

(And no, no inside info - just my "gut" analyzing everything - if I'm right it's just from hunches and intuition)
  11. Thawg Elder

I'm a casual player. Wife, son, work 50 hours a week at a minimum. Played Eq from 99-05 and played ALOT.
    As I said, I'm a casual player now and some how , some how, I have managed to get my toon to lvl 15 and The sever has been up what....3-4 days? I I I I haven't touched unrest. Going there this afternoon after work.
    I guess I don't notice the xp as much because I'm not looking at the xp bar every 5 minutes. I'm just playing the game and having a blast, as were the other 30 people in guild last night with no mention of slow xp.

/shrug

Good luck!
    Works, Xanadas, Steampunk and 3 others like this.
  12. Thraine Augur

The mentality of "i want it all and i want it now" is a very WoW crowd mentality, if you think that way then this TLP server is gonna be a nightmare for you. My comment has nothing to do with hating on WoW, OP had a very WoW approach to Phinny server and he couldn't handle it :)

I love the slow exp gain, cause eq starts at lvl 1 unlike wow.

And i guess i have to agree with you on the Dev team thing lol
  13. Tulgin Augur

WoW has a different approach. They've decided to ignore the levelling and focus on end game content. Levelling is just something that gets in the way and should be done asap so you can begin playing. That doesn't mean everything is handed to you, raiding is insanely hard in that game. Under 1% of the entire WoW population will ever clear the end game.

But you need to remember that most of us just spent 6 months grinding from level 1 on RF / LJ. We came here mainly for instanced raids. Now we are finding out that instanced raids may aswell not exist, because the majority of people won't even reach level cap.

Slow levelling is fine, but combine that with fast expansion unlocks = incompetence. Changing their mind now and increasing XP gain won't remove that incompetence. To come up with this idea in the first place is just mind boggling and a serious staff shuffle needs to happen within DBG.
    Adumbral, Finwen and Elkay like this.
  14. Lemuelbaruch Elder

15. Bobbydomino Elder

I think that's the main thing. For me and other returning players it's not a big deal. If you've been on every other TLP and you've been grinding the same Classic / Kunark content then I completely understand your frustration.
  16. Elkay Augur

This 100%. I hardcore Heroic raided WoW for years. It's exponentially more difficult to beat WoW raids than EQ ones. And it's a lot more fun than this is right now.

You're absolutely right. To me, leveling is just something in the way. You meat some people along the way, sure, but it's really just a grind. Most of us have already seen this content for years.

I play to run raids. With the XP the way it is on this server combined with the 84 day unlocks, this server just doesn't offer what I'm looking for, nor what a lot of others that came here were also expecting. Having XP levels at that of RF/LJ would have made this the perfect server, with at least half of an expansion dedicated to raiding for even the average player (instancing getting rid of the turdsocking, roosterblocking and batphoning).

That's what we were looking for. That's what won't be here as it stands now. That's why we're unsubbing and leaving.
    Dynian and Reht like this.
  17. Aurmoon Augur

No, YOU came here for instanced raids. Stop talking for the entirety of the community. People came for all sorts of different reasons or combination of reasons. You have no idea and are massively extrapolating based off a tiny sample set which consists of your friends (who are probably your friends because you guys think similarly). Similarly, you have no idea how many people "won't even reach level cap." I personally think the majority of people will indeed reach the cap and that the server will be swarming with high level players by January 1st.

The first paragraph of this wiki article should be required reading to log into the forums: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False-consensus_effect
    FurySoul likes this.
  18. Works Elder

I did two and a half levels in 5 hours last night in an Unrest CY group while competing with another group for pulls, and getting pretty much nothing but blues. Even ate the occasional train, so you have to consider the downtime involved in regrouping and repicking as well.

Methinks people are much too hasty in their pronouncements of doom. 1-10 were pretty crazy slow but things have picked up quite a bit since then.
    Bobbydomino likes this.
  19. Tulgin Augur

The entire advertising campaign for this server focused on instanced raids with no box / bot tagged on. To say that most people came here for instanced raids isn't exactly a huge leap of faith is it now.
    B1A2C3D6 and Elkay like this.
  20. Ghirardelli New Member

Some need to remember that this will be the only server in the history of EQ that will allow for guilds to stay at a certain X-pac until they are ready to move on to another. You technically have nine months to level to 60. Didn't raid enough Velious. Stay at 60, grind AA and then buy the glyph for 25AA and raid all the velious you want.

I think you will start to see guilds do this exact thing because.....why not? How many progression guilds have came and went on other servers? Sure, you will have alot of guilds who are die hards that want to raid top end for every xpac, but you will have some people who want to see ALL the content for every xpac.

All I am saying is that the exp grind is slow, but who cares? You can literally stay at whatever level you want and raid whatever you want on this server. Doom and gloom posters aren't thinking long term, only short term it seems.

Literally the only server in the history of EQ that you can stay at level 60 forever and raid velious until your hands fall off. Same with PoP or GoD or Classic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.