A Message From the Team about Phinigel XP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinytinker Augur

I don't feel like she's white knighting. I feel like she genuinely likes the server, as do my family and I. The reduced xp thing should have been announced, but I'm not going to let it ruin my day. I am honestly having a good time. There are lots of players to group with, several of my old friends have come back to the game, and people seem to be fairly civil in game.

It's okay to be upset about the xp. Say you don't like it, go to the issue tracker and vote. But dogpiling on a person who disagrees with you just makes you look like a bunch of belligerent mean girls. Keep it classy and stay cool.
  2. Xanadas Augur

Please go ahead and close down your forum account too, since you're no longer playing.
    Silv likes this.
  3. Saokeh New Member

Here's the wonderful thing about customer satisfaction on average. I'm in a guild of nearly 200 on Phinny, I asked in /gu if people enjoyed the slow xp rate. The majority of them that were only said it was unnecessary. Now this is a small sample considering how many people on the server. But taking a that into account, bringing up a talking points like "Small percentage" just doesn't make sense when it's at an issue that clearly a lot of people don't like.

Yes some people do want the xp slowed to relive full groups of separate players controlling each one. But the time window between expansions is already for those who raid and the content grows stale. Slowing down experience just widens the gap for those who want to experience it who only play at a slower pace. If there was a no box server with a 3 month expansion release plan, along with instanced raids + normal experience rate. You best believe most people would play on that. I mean think about it really. From a marketing standpoint, wouldn't it be better for their cash shop to encourage people to make alts? and not slowing the xp rate to a crawl?
    Your_Ad_Here and Elkay like this.
  4. Ambee Elder

If they refund my money I'd be happy to.

Otherwise, no.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Well submit a ticket to support. I'm sure if you say "Hey joined this server exp rate wasn't disclosed and after 1 hour I just gave up" sounds reasonable for a refund.

That is unless you played 10+ hours then you've gotten your entertainment dollar out and call it a bad experience and move on.
    Silv likes this.
  6. Sagnid Augur

Dozen or so groups are 30 or higher at this point. Less then three days into the server.

Sorry you cannot level to fifty with no effort in forty eight hours.
    MBear likes this.
  7. Unique_Moop Augur

Wait wait wait, waaait a minute here.

1) You buffed raid mobs. They aren't going to be killed by twelve level-35s this round.
    2) There is no easy boxing.
    3) There are no people playing 18 mages. The mage kill button inflated experience gain due to being able to insta kill mobs compounded by instances.

So content and people leveled quickly because

1) tons of boxing
    2) easy raid mobs
    3) mages

and you changed:

1) boxing
    2) raid mobs way more difficult
    3) mages are not as powerful
    4) and the rate of experience

You went a little too far. The game is a grind, but having to grind out level 2 is just not fun. Some people are into it but i can't be anymore. And sure the rate of experience seems functional now to some but wait until you're all grinding 6 frogs every 35 minutes until 50 with this experience rate.
  8. JethroGibbs Journeyman

I've got my team scouting for additional leveling areas and they are reporting plenty of areas with more than six frogloks available.
  9. Zublak Augur

At the end of the day, I think DBG upset more of their playerbase with this than made happy. There was a lot of false hope with a true 90 day unlock, and then to make it worse an exp nerf top put the icing the cake.

I'd recommend for those not happy to just return to RF or LJ. Classic mobs are almost always up, and most Kunark mobs aside from Trak and VP are almost always up or being killed by guilds who wouldn't be considered "hardcore". Personally on LJ I don't see to many Mage armies, and the ones that are there are pretty nice guys unless you give them a reason not to be.
  10. Lyrical Augur

You wont see many mage armies, or mages in general any longer. Lockjaw is dead and mages are more dead. I logged on lockjaw earlier to give it a whirl and my group is incapable of doing half the things I was already doing before the nerf. Instead of killing mobs in the hole at 50 with 2 mages, cleric, bard like i was before, im now required to have a tank class. One golem in camp and the cleric goes oom keeping pets alive before mages can kill mob.
  11. Zorglub Journeyman

It took me the same time to make a druid 12 on LJ (mainly soloing as there is nobody at low lvl) as my Phinny's Druid to become 13 (almost only grouping) : 25 hours.I will use potions of xp non-stop from now though, and stay on Phinigel, not being enthusiastic, but well..
  12. Risiko Augur

Here are the facts from my experience yesterday.

I joined a group in Nek forest killing orcs.
    1. Full group
    2. Constant pulls
    3. Pulling both Orc camps, so there were no down times at all
    4. I started the group at level 8 with 0% experience in level
    5. The mobs we were killing were blue, white, yellow and red cons

I used a stop watch to time it. It took 1 hour and 44 minutes to ding level 9.

Almost 2 hours to make 1 level at sub level 10 :(

At level 9, I went to Befallen and killed non stop reds in a full group. It took right at 1 hour and 20 minutes to ding level 10.

What worries me is that these are level 8 to 10 speeds. When I get to 30, is it going to take five days to make a level?
    Elkay likes this.
  13. Ambee Elder

Yeah, they claim it's still much faster than classic but that's not true. Exp is at best equal to classic, but most likely a bit slower.
  14. Steampunk Augur

Are you sure you really want an answer to that question?
    Drexll and FurySoul like this.
  15. Saokeh New Member

Compared to how many players that just broke level 10? Stop using people who play literally nonstop as a go to medium. If you're playing a game nonstop, just like any other game or genre on any system, you'll "Beat it" before other people and move on. What will happen in month 3 to those who throw at least 12+ hours a day every day? Either quit early or try to brag with drama how they have no lives because they got made up world firsts on an outdated and played through game. You're clearly in the minority if you think those people who are 30+ are trying to actually enjoy the game.
    TheInquisitor and Elkay like this.
  16. Sagnid Augur

A clear demonstration of critical thinking at its finest.

Make less horrible posts and exp more and you will be fine.
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  17. Elkay Augur

And this is exactly what DBG is hoping most players will come to accept as "the norm". I'm not willing to cater to that business practice. It's not even "pay to win". It's "pay to stay even remotely current".
    TheInquisitor likes this.
  18. Saokeh New Member

Horrible posts? I have a job, a family, and a life. If you think personal attacks will help your case of why super hardcore players should be the majority when they clearly aren't, I have to giggle. Instancing and boxing were the biggest problems on the other TLP's. You think making people go through hell levels all over again is a good thing? Keep the childish train of thought a minimum please.
    TheInquisitor and Elkay like this.
  19. Ishkur Elder

Well, I would bet 1-50 in total is faster due to the lack of hell levels.

I have a hard time believing the early levels aren't slower than they were in classic, though. The xp is just hilariously bad. This isn't 1999 - I know where to hunt, I'm killing bundles of mobs in an efficient manner (far less downtime than I can ever remember in a group), and I'm not constantly dying and looking for a rez. If we were actually in classic, I'd spend a half hour on the waiting list for a group that had a total of 5 spawns to its name... only to arrive and have to deal with being trained every few minutes.
  20. Zublak Augur

Well after the nerf I took my boxes up plane of hate, although I do have a 50 warrior tank, my group was 3 mages 1 wiz 1clr 1 war, I had no issues killing armor mobs. Pet classes were hurt obviously, but if you have more of a traditional style box group it isn't that bad. You can lvl a warrior up pretty quick to tank for you, or I'd suggest trying earth pets. Keep in mind those golems are rough. I find it easier killing mobs in KC and Seb than killing those golems.

As for LJ being dead, not quite. Obviously the population has taken a hit, but general chat is still full, people are still lfg. LJ is fine. I imagine more people will come back as the grind on Phinny is horrible and even more so grinding the same Classic content people just got finished doing is not exciting in the least.
    Drexll likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.