Cultural Charm Augment

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Noteefs, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Noteefs Journeyman

Not sure if this was mentioned on the old boards but I will start it here.

Currently, some cultural armor wearers have fewer options than other cultural armor wearers. My class is Shaman, race is Troll and thus the cultural armor I wear is usable by shaman and Berserkers. The best charm in game is based on the amount of gear that is in its unauged form, single class dependent. Being that my armor is multi class wearable, I don't get the great stats from this charm. So this makes me want to race change to Iksar because that race only has one class for chain, but then I vomit shortly after and come to my senses.

My solution to this problem would be to have an aug slot for the cultural charm to include one for the Shifting Sphere raid drop. This aug would put it on par with the Tiered armor benefits that non Cultural armor wearers get when wearing the Galna charm.

Cultural wearers already have the disadvantage of getting lower visible armor focuses and from taking the hit on the chest emblems. We cultural wearers not only raid but we tradeskill hardcore to make our armor. Why do we have to take yet another hit on charms?
  2. Xnao Augur

This sounds reasonable every time I hear you suggest it.

Maybe let the charm aug be made with less stats but the chance of an extra focus, in my opinion.
  3. Noteefs Journeyman

Xnao, at this point, I am willing to accept just about any compromise on this. Equipment itemization missed this one and it affects all cultural armor wearers who raid in the more recent expansions. I am not here crying... just looking for a reasonable solution.

This is the first time I have put this on the forums.. I have had extensive discussions with many raiders about this and this solution seems reasonable to most I speak to.
  4. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

There are more choices of charm other than the Galna charm.
  5. Noteefs Journeyman

Yes and they suck in comparison. Unless you are referring to the one where you have to be drunk for full stats? That one is awesome!

/sarcasm off
  6. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

Cultural isn't as good as T4 raid gear either. Should that be increased as well?
  7. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

Ladrys Bloom

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE PRESTIGE
    Slot: CHARM
    AC: 103
    STR: +25+16 DEX: +25+10 STA: +35+13 CHA: +36+13 WIS: +36+13 INT: +32+13 AGI: +22+10 HP: +2412 MANA: +2452 ENDUR: +2433
    SV FIRE: +57 SV DISEASE: +62 SV COLD: +64 SV MAGIC: +55 SV POISON: +55
    Combat Effects: +6 Shielding: +2% Spell Shield: +4% Avoidance: +6 Accuracy: +9 Stun Resist: +4% Strikethrough: +2% DoT Shielding: +4% Attack: +28 HP Regen +3 Mana Regeneration: +4 Clairvoyance: +51 Spell Damage: +23 Damage Shield Mitigation: +2 Heal Amount: +27
    Recommended level of 95. Required level of 92.
    WT: 1.3 Size: SMALL
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL
    Slot 1, Type 8 (General: Raid)
    Slot 2, Type 3 (General: Spell Effect)

Galna`Vrel, Radiant Orb of Pure Worship

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE PRESTIGE
    Slot: CHARM
    AC: 109
    STR: +25+16 DEX: +25+11 STA: +35+13 CHA: +36+13 WIS: +36+14 INT: +32+14 AGI: +22+11 HP: +2584 MANA: +2618 ENDUR: +2599
    SV FIRE: +57 SV DISEASE: +62 SV COLD: +64 SV MAGIC: +55 SV POISON: +55
    Combat Effects: +6 Shielding: +2% Spell Shield: +4% Avoidance: +6 Accuracy: +9 Stun Resist: +4% Strikethrough: +2% DoT Shielding: +4% Attack: +28 HP Regen +3 Mana Regeneration: +5 Clairvoyance: +52 Spell Damage: +25 Damage Shield Mitigation: +2 Heal Amount: +29
    Required level of 95.
    WT: 1.2 Size: SMALL
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL
    Slot 1, Type 8 (General: Raid)
    Slot 2, Type 3 (General: Spell Effect)

Doesn't seem like a bad replacement to me.
  8. Noteefs Journeyman

Never said it should be. Cultural already takes a few hits. Some of the focuses are sub T4 and the chest emblem is diminished to group gear stats and I accept those dings.. but the Galna charm too? Its not right that an Iksar shaman gets better stats on the Galna charm than a Troll shaman. This fix I am suggesting would offer a solution to all Cultural armored raiders.
  9. Noteefs Journeyman

Ladrys Bloom "Increases in power as more of your guild members join you in the same zone"

So I can only have a max stat charm when I raid? So when I group or solo, I just have a crappy charm? How is this right? Players with the Galna charm and a full suit of Tiered armor get the max stats of that charm all day and in any situation.

Fatbuk, you are wearing Tiered armor and the Galna charm. I am in full cultural auged with raid augs.. If I got a Galna charm it's stats would suck in comparison to yours. Unless I race changed to an Iksar. Then I would get full stats as you do.
  10. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

That's why the devs have given more than one option for people to do. You made the choice to do Cultural, but you don't want to make the choice to use a different Charm when there are other choices out there.
  11. Noteefs Journeyman

Fatbuk, I want the same choice Iksar shaman have and at this point, I don't.
  12. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

13. Noteefs Journeyman

Seriously? That's all you have? Some 10 year old item?

I think I will just leave this as I agree to disagree.
  14. Explicit Augur

It's a problem with the base-item being usable by one class only, ie: iksar shaman cultural and a few other race/class options. It's probably been overlooked.

Should the charm work at all for cultural? No, probably not. The classes/races that can use it to it's full effect should consider themselves lucky. There needs to be trade-offs for getting access to cultural armor (T3 level, just about) straight from Tier 1, and this fits the bill (albeit it's a T4 drop).

If you dig around, EQ is full of all kinds of "unfair" situations. The clicky linked above is one, iksar innate ac is another (small, but they're the only race that gets such a thing).

That being said, you could always pay 25$ and race-change to an iksar, then remake your cultural armor so you can benefit from said charm. Lame, I know, but it's the only option you're left with if you absolutely have to have this particular item
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

A 10 year old item that people still use today.
  16. Noteefs Journeyman

I have the clickie and rarely if ever use it any more. I would rather pop out my snare proc item as it lasts a lot longer...

Guys I am not arguing over the path this thread topic is moving towards.. I am merely asking if the Cultural Charm can get a raid augment slot. Even with the raid aug its stats will be at about T3 range H/M/E.

It seems like an easy solution that can be carried forward into upcoming expansions. Yes, we get access to T3.5 gear with Cultural armor but we pay dearly for it in tradeskill farming and its a huge time sink as well as a significant plat sink for those who buy the items from tradeskillers. Getting T4 gear would have been much easier for me in terms of time and effort.
  17. tn_war Journeyman

Its part of the trade-off for using armor that easier to obtain than camping a set of t4 armor.
  18. Explicit Augur

What you're asking for isn't a whole lot and it is certainly viable, but I think it'd be taken as an "advantage" to having cultural since you could get both T3 armor -and- a charm right off the bat --- which is likely why there has been no raid version of a cultural charm to date. Granted, that is merely speculation, there could be concrete reasons why no such thing exists
  19. Noteefs Journeyman

Easier to you... not to me.
  20. Noteefs Journeyman

Sometimes things don't exist in game because no one thought of it and I am hoping that is the case here.

As I said before Tragedy, I am cool with the dings I get for wearing cultural.. but I would like the same stats that an Iksar shaman gets when he wears the same cultural armor and has the Galna charm or they could make this change to the cultural charm. I know cultural will never be on par with T4 gear. I accept that and am only asking for the charm to also be augable to T3ish with the raid aug.